NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

67 Wildcat - 426 Chrysler

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 11:24pm
I think it is without a doubt the "baby blue" color found on such relatively famous correctcrafts as

Marshalls boat

and three other boats that Reid does/has/partially owned

Like the world famous Moody Blue

Which is the closest all around color scheme to this you are going to find..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Wholsea Wholsea wrote:

Should have waited until today to drag it home, would have been pulling it home in 60 degree weather!

Glad to see it went to someone on here!

I couldn't wait till today to drag it home, I had to get the deal done he was selling hard saying that some guy in Columbus and another one in Chicago were all over that thing and had him thinking he had gold there. I told him not to get too excited over those clowns when he had real folding money right there in front of him .
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:06am
Totally green with envy right now Joe Haha. That thing is going to be wonderful. Its amazing how great that interior still looks and those gauges are awesome especially the barometer. You can tell when the seas might be getting bad haha.

Peter. The only differences in the Chrysler big blocks are the intake manifolds on the B to RB motor. 383 361 400 motors are B motors(short deck height) and everything else 440, 426, 413, etc. Is a RB motor (raised block or higher deck). Heads distributor things like that will all interchange.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I think it is without a doubt the "baby blue" color

Way to go Joe! Looks at least you had a good trip home,I'm assuming once you got to the main roads everything was clear.

Peter,looking good! Once you get it sanded and buffed you'll be amazed.Im sure it's the same as mine, I was told by CC that it is Meridian Blue,and will darken up a bit when done.

Now we need to get all these baby blues together for a calender shot.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:38am
Very nice boat Peter. Are you thinking of the big block twin turbo setup? I happen to know where a set might be!
Bill
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:53am
Peter - What a great find! We are going to enjoy following the project.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 2:42am
way..way cool find. Good thing you had JoeInEverywhere on the spot to deal for you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quik225 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quik225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 4:55am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

looks good to me .. some detailing this year for starters   and maybe some chrome work and missing parts, Joe what in the world is a barometer on these for
one other q I have does the 383 413 426 440 share some parts? manifolds starters dist etc?

Many parts are shared. 413, 426, 440 will use the same manifolds, starters and dist, the 383 shares the same parts except the dist.
Don't worry about getting used Chrysler starter whine. Most automotive Chryslers used a starter with gear reduction, which was the source of the distinct whine. Marine motors use a direct drive starter.
The pic of the fuel pump looks a bit like the ones used on 426 Hemis.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 5:15am
I love the color! have 1 cc in that blue.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 8:34am
Fantastic find!! With a wet sand and buff, I think most of the gel issues will disappear. Yes, the interior looks great for it's age. It does look like someone has been hacking on the fuel line to the carb!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 9:01am
beautiful tranny shot, 426 wedge possibly?....dont know the Mopar stuff, but they did have a "wedge"
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 11:32am

If a 240 hp 351w could turn a 13x13 at 4400 on this boat then a 290 hp at 4000 rpm would equal about a 13x17. Could a 240 hp motor turn a 13x13 under this ????

The Wildcat probably isnt too far off of a 2001 in terms of size, right? Length and weight should be close... so Id say that a 240hp + 13x13 would be about right. The math certainly works out to turn a 13x17 4000rpm with 290hp... but boy, that sure seems like an outrageously sized prop! I bet something like an Acme 470 would work better (12.5x15).

I think it is without a doubt the "baby blue" color found on such relatively famous correctcrafts as

Marshalls boat

and three other boats that Reid does/has/partially owned

Like the world famous Moody Blue

Which is the closest all around color scheme to this you are going to find..

I could be totally off on this, but I *though* that Reid told me that CC changed the light blue gel color right around '69-70. The later color is a touch darker (including all the boats mentioned above). I remember being surprised that Marshall's boat and Baby Blue were NOT the same color. I could be making this story up completely, though!

Either way, it should probably look about like this (from the '68 brochure):

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 11:35am
Eric yes we do believe it to be a 426 wedge , Pete I noticed the beautiful fuel line shot . the barometer still kills me . I was hoping it was the same blue as Reids and Gary's
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 11:51am
Peter, they put barometers and 8 day wind up clocks in a lot of their nicer boats back then. I think it's probably a light blue like Reid's old Mustang.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think it's probably a light blue like Reid's old Mustang.

Bruce, you might have to be more specific!

Baby Blue:

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:01pm
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:29pm
Where's a pic of W. Slayers 1967 Ski Nautique ?
Same color.

Fuel line: They removed the problematic in-line filter.
via: Flare Coupler.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 12:42pm
The boat had the skins done about 10 years ago before it was put up.. That's why they don't look bad. They are not original..

Joe, I can see it's a "foamed" boat. Stringers don't look bad. You see any issues?

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 1:06pm
Regarding the shade of light blue, now I think we're on to something. Unfortunately we don't have a 67 brochure, but unless the color looks different in these pics from actual, I'd say it was the powder blue like Slayers 67 SN as Dr CC mentioned above. But then again some of these blues can fade very unique-like, just ask Joe about his lavender (meridian blue) 71 Mustang which has faded near identically to one near me here.

And looking at the 66 brochure as Bruce mentioned, and the powder blue color on the color wheel and then on the Mustang SS shown in that color, it looks like this 'Cat. Either way, it's a cool and unique color and will most likely shine up well.

My old 69 'Baby Blue' shown above is definitely a slightly lighter shade than Marshall's 70 and Moody Blue 72, with it looking more like the 68 brochure color. I can't say about Gary's for sure as I've never seen them side by side.

Peter, let's turn that thing into a Max Wedge! Just google it, or someone add a link.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 1:08pm
The “99” restoration is my guess when the skins, and carpet were done. Along with a new shaft.   Just conjecture mind you. Time will tell how the skins will hold up but they look good for now. The seat framing is in great shape. The vinyl seems a little stiff but it is cold outside. Hopefully with a little conditioner and in the warm weather they will prove to have some life left in them. They will definitely clean up to look more than acceptable.   The boat is foamed, one of the engine mounts has a bolt that has backed out a bit but other than that the boat seems pretty structurally sound. It looks like a boat that had a windshield back cover and was always kept covered but rarely used between long periods of storage. Unfortunately the cover going from the windshield to just behind the seats left not only a bunch of snaps and snap holes but also left the deck exposed to considerable sun which is my guess at to the origin of most of the gel cracking issues.

Midwatch blue, meridian blue, powder blue – who knew? It was probably whatever blue the supplier sold them. The blue on the cover of the 71 brochure is what I have always called Meridian blue (as that was the only color blue they listed as available that year) . That is the color of my 71 ish mustang and it is not the same as the earlier Carolina blue, baby blue, light blue family that this boat is certainly in… the later blue moves more to the violet spectrum.   I am now going to call the earlier light blue midwatch blue and the later meridian blue but I like to be stubbornly wrong on such things
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 1:19pm
Alright I dont like to be that wrong, I looked at the color wheel and Midwatch blue is definitely the darker blue like on my 67 mustang... so back to powder blue for early light blues and meridian blue for later light blues..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 1:25pm
Peter the "wedge" just refers to the shape of the combustion chamber i.e. wedge shaped instead of hemispherically shaped hemi engines. If you are thinking max wedge motors that would have been of the cross ram high compression persuasion. Hint hint a cross ram would look great in that boat.. haha.

Im with Reid on the cross ram idea.

http://www.allpar.com/WEDGE.HTML
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 2:25pm

I couldn't wait till today to drag it home, I had to get the deal done he was selling hard saying that some guy in Columbus and another one in Chicago were all over that thing and had him thinking he had gold there. I told him not to get too excited over those clowns when he had real folding money right there in front of him .

Don't worry about that "clown" in Chicago he never buys anything, just a keyboard kicker.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 4:23pm
so a cross ram with what twin 450 holleys? im in
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 4:38pm
Peter, that is a really cool boat, that one peaked my interest as well when I saw that ad however it was a different "Clown" in Chicago kickin the keyboard, lol.

So let me get this straight, Joe jumped in his buggy and ran down to Ohio to pick this thing up for you? Pretty damn cool, what a Guy!!!
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 4:44pm
Awesome Boat !! I think it will shine up nice !
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 5:39pm
He did so generous I think he is the epitome of the members here , now to get him my skylark and get the wildcat to mass.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 5:46pm
I already mentioned it to Joe, but Ill mention it again to you Peter- if I can be of any help, just let me know... I can store a boat (most likely outside only ) or provide a waypoint if need be. Not sure what your timeframe is on the swap, but if it doesnt happen until spring, that would be a good excuse for a day trip (bring a ski!).
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 5:51pm
Peter, there's a chance I'll be heading to Rochester NY sometime in the next 3 weeks on business. If so, I could pull the Skylark out, drop it at Joe's, head to Rochester, and on the way back drag the Wildcat to NH. No guarantees, I'm waiting to hear from the guy out there, but I'll let you know if it's going to happen.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 10:34pm
There's only one problem with cross ram stuff.... Yup you guessed it, mopar stuff is expensive :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
  Share Topic