Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 CC Ski Ring/Eye/Pylon/Pole

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stag15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stag15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 CC Ski Ring/Eye/Pylon/Pole
    Posted: September-24-2011 at 2:43pm
Looking to clean out my garage. I have the original pole and ski ring from a 1983 Ski Nautique that I removed when replacing the floor. The boat had a tower, so no need for the pole.

Please email me at leo.lasecki@gmail.com if interested or want pictures. I can either sell the eye by itself, or with the ski pylon.

Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 9:43pm
Leo, Email sent. Thanks, Todd
stag15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stag15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 10:29pm
Got your email and sent some pictures. Hopefully this picture will upload. Please email me if you want more pictures.
MTKA SOUTHWIND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTKA SOUTHWIND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 10:23am
Does anyone know if this pylon would work in a "76 Southwind?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 12:23pm
Leo,
Be careful if you try and seperate the eye from the pylon. They are tough to get apart. the eye is made of brass and will bend pretty easily.

What lake do you boat on in the College Station area?
83Ski
stag15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stag15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 3:37pm
Lake Bryan, not the best lake, but it is usually pretty calm on weekdays.
komandante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komandante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 4:51am
Is it possible to remove the eye and finger from the pylon with out causing permanent
Is there some way to remove the pins/bolts going through the pylon in order to temporarily
Remove the eye to install an extended pylon?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 8:56am
Originally posted by komandante komandante wrote:

Is it possible to remove the eye and finger from the pylon with out causing permanent
Is there some way to remove the pins/bolts going through the pylon in order to temporarily
Remove the eye to install an extended pylon?

Yes, the roll pins are driven out and then use upward pressure and twisting on the ring/finger. Be carefull and take your time.

An alternate is this in the CCfan store

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 11:36am
I have one of these for sale also if you have more than one buyer.

$350.
komandante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komandante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 2:15pm
I like the extended pylon mount but I am concerned about the strength of it. Some of us riders are 225 lbs and can pull pretty hard on an extended pylon when wakeboarding. If I was going to attempt to remove the eye ring would I have to use a small punch and a hammer to try and push the pins through? Also is there a lubricant you can spray in there to loosen them up. I definitely do not want to damage the eye and finger and if it is to risky I don't want to mess with it.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 2:26pm
The super deluxe boom mount should hold fine, thats its purpose...I´d be more worried about the actual pylon mount condition eg: rotten floor/stringers...
On the lubricant...seem most effective is mixing up atf fluid with solvent in 50/50 and let it sit for sometime.....also kroll oil seems to be quite effective...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 7:15pm
I suggest heat on the pylon and at the same time rigging up something that will pull the ring out of the pylon. Twisting scares me.
83Ski
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:07am
pylon still for sale?
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2011 at 12:12pm
I bought the pylon, ring and finger from Leo,welded on a square floor plate, polished it up and installed it my '78 Tique. It looks great!! I'm trying to get Leo to clean out his garage and put more great stuff up on the Site. Leo was great to deal with!!
cajunnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 2:01am
I also have 1 for sale with a barefoot boom attachment. I took it out for the same reason, got my floor redone and have a tower. Call or txt me at 225-931-2569 for more details.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:06am
does it look like the photo further above in this string of messages?
Trying to find one for my brother who has a 73 Southwind 20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:23am
yeah it looks identical
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:39am
CC's pylon style changed a bit in '75 or '76... Im not certain that a '83 pylon would bolt in place on a '73.

Cajun, Im still waffling on that pylon... which shipping wasnt such a bear. Remind me- does it have a square flange welded to it at the floor or not?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 5:34pm
yea i beleive that it does.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 5:40pm
In that case, everyone should be aware that the pylon will not bolt into a Ski Nautique cleanly... the floor flange will be much higher on a BFN pylon since the bilge is much deeper (v-hull). Im not sure if CC kept the floor height the same between the SW and BFN either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic