Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interruptions while running - 2001 Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interruptions while running - 2001 Super Sport
    Posted: September-17-2011 at 12:21pm
I was out with a friend this week in his 2001 Super Sport with EFI. After a while running the engine began to feel as though it were temporarily turning off for a split second, then pick right back up at rpm. It wasn't really a hesitation it was more like it suddenly had no fire only to suddenly have it again. The frequency that it occurred increased over the course of the few minutes it took to get back to the dock. It seemed like an electrical problem, not a fuel problem. Anyone got any ideas to focus on? Thanks
harriss28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriss28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 1:24pm
Sounds very similiar to the problem I am having. My tach is reading incorrectly so my initial thought was the rev limiter was kicking in. Here is a link to the thread I started.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23424&title=engine-missing
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 1:34pm
Thanks Shawn. I read the thread. I'll add a reply there.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

Anyone got any ideas to focus on? Thanks

Yes, focus on the conditions of tune up electrical items first. Distributor cap, rotor, plugs, maybe wires too.

These engines are harder to troubleshoot as they are more complex than their carbed versions, they are 10-20 years old now so problems are getting more frequent.

You should reproduce the failure sequence and check for voltages, at the coil and TFI module.

You could find the solution in a corroded connection or spend a month chasing your tail.

dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:12pm
Turns out is was the distributor stator. Pretty simple fix.
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 12:49am
did the tach jump around at all?
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 2:29pm
It has the digital tach and it would read from whatever rpm it was running at, then zero during the episode, then immediately back to the rpm. It didn't jump around as in multiple, random rpm's. An episode lasted about 1/2 a second.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic