Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intake for GM 350 engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gummi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intake for GM 350 engine
    Posted: August-30-2011 at 2:38pm
Hi,
we have bought an old Ski Nautique (2001) where we intend on doing some improvements.
First of all we want to replace the carburetor with a 600 cfm holley. As the engine intake also has a leak which was fixed with some type of glue we want to replace the intake as well.
I have read a lot about Edelbrock Performer intakes but I have never found which intake exactly is the right one. I have used the search function in the forum but cannot find an answer.
As we are in Namibia I want to order the right intake as it will nt be possible to return the intake.
The engine number is 0D513899 which means it is an 87 to 95 model. (I hope)
Can anyone tell me which intake exactly will fit.
Are there any other options alternatives that you can recommend?

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 7:51am
I think most here prefer the Performer RPM version over the regular Performer.

Which number is that? Is it stamped right behind the timing cover? I would look for the casting number and reference that. On a big block it's on top where the bellhousing bolts up. Run that number and you should be able to match the year range easily at a good parts place like Summit(.com).

Also, wander through a few Hot Rod forums. Tons of info; it'll be about cars but is still viable.

Namibia? You must have some cool ski runs!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 9:44am
you gotta watch because there are 2 different intakes, the differences are the 2 center bolts that goes into the heads on each side of the center of the intake, later style with center bolt valve covers go in at a different angle
"the things you own will start to own you"
gummi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:23am
Hi,

thank you for your replies.
How can I find out which style we have? Is there a sure way to find ou which one is the right one?

Thanks again.
Regards
Michael
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:50am
Find that casting #. I'm not sure what Eric is referring to.
1988 BFN-sold

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 3:08pm
greg: eric referring to diference between sbc, vortec and non vortec heads. Engines up to 86 are non vortec , 87 and up Vortec (generally on cars) On marine application I´m unsure when they started to use the vortec heads.

Easy way to figure out is in the valve cover bolts to the heads...If you have bolts around= non vortec, if you have 2 center bolts= vortec...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 3:12pm
also there´s some difference on the blocks...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 3:23pm
gummi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 8:38pm
Hi,
thank you for all the replies.
I finally found the casting number. It is in front of the bell housing more on the right side of the engine.
The casting number (14093638)has confirmed that the engine is between 1987 and 1994.
Thank you very much.
I am tending towards buying the performer intake as the rpm range is 0-5500 and I belive that is where the engine will operate.
Is there a reason why peaople prefer the RPM version of the Performer?

Regards
Michael
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:38pm
Thanks Kap for catching my back. My Chevy knowlege is limited to Mark IV 454's. The funny part is I know a lot more about them than I ever thought I'd want to.

14093638 from my casting #'s book:
350   1986-87   Truck 1-piece rear seal
350   1987      Camaro 1-piece rear seal

The section preface has more info; I'll look through it if you like. You may also want to try googling(sp?) that #.

I bought the Performer intake for the same reason you mentioned. I said what I did because the 351 performance guys here tend to get the rpm model. I think most of them plan to break 5500 and spend little time at 0 rpm's.   

Just met a guy from S Africa. He says you folks in Namibia like to party.   
1988 BFN-sold

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:23pm
12 bolt intake is non vortec.

8 bolt intake is vortec.
gummi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2011 at 7:33am
Thank you all for all the answers and remarks. I now feel confident about the ordering of the intake. We have a 12 bolt intake... So the 2104 should be right.

I also do not know why I wanted good torque at 0 rpm. Sounded like a good idea at first but now I do not know...

About the partying in Namibia... yes it is probably true but the South Africans are just as bad!!!

Thanks again for all the replies. Will let you know once we have fitted intake etc. Especially with feedback about the the fun we have around 0 rpm. (Probably at a Sundowner...)

Regards
Michael
jessepeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessepeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2011 at 8:27am
I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.

Coach outlet good
Coach Handbagsgood
coach factory outlet good
gummi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:13am
Hi,

I just wanted to let all of you know that we ordered the Edelbrock 2104 intake and the Holley 4160 Marine carburetor.

These parts fitted well and the boat is running wel. Thank you for all the help.

Regards
Michael
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:49pm
good! what year is your SN?
pictures?
wonder how the heck a bowtie made its way there...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 9:01pm
the more reliables go out of country lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 9:24pm
I thought more like we can get rid of this over there,what they going to do come all the way back and complain
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic