Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM GT40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1765MB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1765MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM GT40
    Posted: July-01-2011 at 10:04am
I just bought a model year 2001 ski nautique with a PCM GT-40 w/ fuel injection that sat is storage for 1 year. I put a couple of hours on it with no issues. However, last night I took it out and it ran fine until I got to about 2600 rpms and then it bogged down. When I brought it back under 2600 rpms it ran fine again. Any Ideas? By the way the boat has only 70 hours on it and has been professionally maintained.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 11:47am
Sounds like it isn't getting the fuel it needs.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 1:49pm
Is the check engine light on? If it will not go above 2500 rmp, then it sounds like it may be in SLOW mode, which means you probably have a problem with your oil pressure switch or temp switch. I think there is a GT-40 service manual in the reference section. The service manual will help you locate the switches. If the problem is caused by one of these switches, you can disconnect one at a time to isolate the problem. Start with the oil pressure switch.
1765MB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1765MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 3:47pm
The check engine light did not come on but I will follow your suggestion and reference the service manual to isolate the switches
Thanks
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2011 at 2:59pm
did you ever look at the fuel filter?
1765MB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1765MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:06pm
The fuel filter is good, this issue is very consistent at 2600 rpm and seems like the engine goes into a safety mode. I think the advice to check the oil and temp switches is on the right track. Its probably a sender thats gone bad, or something along that line. I won't know for a few days as other events will keep me from foolin around with the boat but I'll post the solution when I get it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic