NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wakesurf behind a 95 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
cgofort View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgofort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2011 at 8:50pm
Here's surfing on my '97 sport:
1st photo has 750lbs at stern, 400lbs in starboard side, 300 lbs in bow + 2 people on the starboard side (250lbs)

This photo is with driver only in boat:
cgofort View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgofort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2011 at 8:53pm
driver only for people, same ballast set up!
fishslayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 12:52pm
For what ever it's worth, I have a '06 NS sport 21' with (2) on board blast tanks. I go about 235#, I can barely go wireless on our 5'7" board. My much lighter kids on the other hand have circled the entire lake spinning and shredding up the wake. We to have tried several people and positions. It is all about physics, displacement versus weight. I must admit tho it is blast and still a fun day on the water with the wife and kids.

We all have the need for speed at some point in our lives.
fool32696 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fool32696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 3:54pm
I tried surfing my 1990 ski nautique yesterday with a skim board and had a blast. Had 4 guys in boat running 10-12mph I believe. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs so after a little research I'm seeing that it looks possible to surf with no rope if I get a larger board like a 5'4" hyperlite broadcast and throw in 1500-2000 lbs of ballast. My question relates to someone who has set up a direct drive for surfing and what they may have found works best for fat sac combos, placement. So far I'm thinking about getting two 750lb sacs for beside the motor and play with passenger placement to see where to add another 300-500lbs. What do you guys think?
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 6:02pm
Have you seen the suck gate or mission surf gate. Those seem to drastically improve the wake quality and allow you to evenly weight the boat.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
fool32696 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fool32696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 8:01pm
Was just doing a search and checking it out. Looks worthwhile to grab $50 in parts and put together a suck gate and throw in some ballast. Anyone have experience putting suck gate on 90-95 ski nautique?
2tall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2tall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2016 at 7:17pm
I made a suck gate for my 96' ski nautique closed bow, It works well and does make the wave smoother. It also allows me to weight the boat evenly. I use a longboard since I am 6'6" and weigh 215 and the wave is easily big enough and I can surf as long as I want until I am tired or fall.. I have tried smaller boards and can't get them to push fast enough. I think I need more weight in the boat. This was my first summer with the boat and I started with 2-350lb fat sacs. I think I need one more bigger sac (maybe 540lbs) to really get what I would need to surf on a smaller board. The wave needs more push. The suckgate helps make it smoother on one side for sure and probably about 4 inches taller than without the suckgate. The pic of me is with just a driver and 2-350lb sacs you can see them evenly across the back ...with suckgate deployed. (Remember I am incredibly tall so that wave is about 2ft +

This is next level man....
2Tall - 1996 Ski Nautique GT-40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic