NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IA Bald Eagle Live Cam

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IA Bald Eagle Live Cam
    Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:23pm
This is pretty cool, seen them before but would always get timed out. If you're bored at work I suggest checking it out! Bald Eagle parents are sitting on 3 eggs in a 3000lb nest 80ft up in a tree. First hatch will be today sometime...

Bald Eagle Cam in Decorah, IA
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:37pm
Had one fly about 15 feet above my windshield this morning on the freeway, carrying a big old fish. Not sure how he got it, cause there is hardly any open water here yet. I love bald eagles.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:42pm
I can't believe the nests weigh that much, that has to be some incredible stress on a tree.

These birds are very cool, they will perch in the trees around my uncle's cottage on Frentress Lake. Fun to watch!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:50pm
Huge birds indeed. Mom and dad have a couple huge cottonwoods in their back yard on the river, the birds love to perch in this things and do some fishin
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2011 at 1:05am
Very cool Mike! I was driving through the rural areas of central Ohio on Wednesday, and saw a bald eagle sitting on top of a dead deer by the side of the road having her dinner. I turned around to try and get a picture but she took off and was too far way to show up in the blackberry camera.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 8:24pm
Mike,

Thanks again for posting this. Have watched a couple times over the weekend. The babies hatched since Friday. The camera itself is extremely cool, in that they zoom and pan at will remotely. Great resolution too.

Everyone should check this out.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:21am
Mike, I have been watching over the weekend also, it was that or watching the slow slowly melt. They do have a pretty cool setup, felt a little bad for the rabbit. Natures cruel in so many ways, but also inspiring.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:57am
Those eagles are eating good. I think I spotted a large bird, rabbit, and fish all piled up at one end of the nest. I think there may have been a squirrel in the mix as well.
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 11:23pm
I am going to climb that tree and post my website domain above the nest. Its had a few views on Youtube. Then I am going to get rich and buy that Pristine 87 listed on Craigslist in Minnesota.

Waldo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic