Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Nautiques - Stickers/ Decals/Emblems -

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 Nautiques - Stickers/ Decals/Emblems -
    Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:37am
Good Morning,

I'm still in the process of researching the 1990 Nautique we purchased from Josh (hawktique). I've got original replacement parts coming for host of different things that needed upgrades or just a general facelift.

The stickers/decals on the sides of the boat have me somewhat confused. Could someone post some pics of their original stickers/decals on a 90? closeups, etc would be great. This boat seems to be missing a few stickers/decals except for the primary SKI NAUTIQUE on each side.

Thanks in advance!
1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 10:36am
Take a look here:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1990_brochure/

and look through the Diaries section, you can search by model and year to bring up pictures of peoples boats.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 12:31pm
haha someone post Josh's thread a year ago or so when he was trying to pick his stickers out!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 12:48pm
Travis
Shoot me an e-mail !
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Travis
Shoot me an e-mail !

Yea do that, most everyone on the site can vouch for Marty's stickers!!!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Travis
Shoot me an e-mail !

Yeah!!Marty is the decal guy he can also set you up with the personalized dash plaque...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 6:29pm
Aside from the small stickers- Please switch the "Ski Nautique" decals over to the correct period for that boat if you can! They would be the black semi-translucent shadow decals that they only used on that boat in 1990. The TSC-1 era decals just do not look right on that boat.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Aside from the small stickers- Please switch the "Ski Nautique" decals over to the correct period for that boat if you can! They would be the black semi-translucent shadow decals that they only used on that boat in 1990. The TSC-1 era decals just do not look right on that boat.

joel give the man a break!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Travis
Shoot me an e-mail !

Yeah!!Marty is the decal guy he can also set you up with the personalized dash plaque...

Dash Plaques are enroute to me
1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:42pm

I'll have to mull that one over. I kind of like it so far, but I can tell you in my other hobbies I'm a 'era-correct' guy ... oh yea, the tint is coming off this weekend... No offense to the tint guys, but I just don't like it.

1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by tlzkaasen tlzkaasen wrote:

I'll have to mull that one over. I kind of like it so far, but I can tell you in my other hobbies I'm a 'era-correct' guy ... oh yea, the tint is coming off this weekend... No offense to the tint guys, but I just don't like it.

What a relief re: the tint removal. I was going to say something but didn't want to offend you. Removing the tint and adding era-correct decals will make that boat look absolutely killer.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 10:25pm

Originally posted by tlzkaasen tlzkaasen wrote:

What a relief re: the tint removal. I was going to say something but didn't want to offend you. Removing the tint and adding era-correct decals will make that boat look absolutely killer.

I'll post pics as soon as the tint is off. My wife has been on me to get that off since I brought it home.
1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 10:54pm
For all the 'Newbies' that do come across this Posting about Ski Nautique Decals--If it's the HULL side decals you're looking for--So far White Lake Marine and n3boatworks are your people.
The 70's and 80's TimD might be able to help you out.

The smaller decals--called manufacture decals, Yes I can help you out on some of those. I mainly re-poped the ones for my era of 93 SN-- but as I have found out-CC changed these decals up sometimes in mid-year.
So that's how I can help out. You can e-mail me directly at   mtmabe@northstate.net. Your profile needs to be filled out if I or others need to contact you. Don't worry-- they ain't no 'pervs' on here.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 11:15pm

Don't worry-- they ain't no 'pervs' on here.

LOL   
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 11:33pm
I think the side decals look great compared to the original grey. I had nothing but compliments. Fortunately, it's not my decision anymore. IMO the '90 decals were the worst CC had, and the grey/black of the '97 decals really pop. CC didn't always do things right, or the best they could have...
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

I think the side decals look great compared to the original grey. I had nothing but compliments. Fortunately, it's not my decision anymore. IMO the '90 decals were the worst CC had, and the grey/black of the '97 decals really pop. CC didn't always do things right, or the best they could have...

IMO the best looking graphics ever for that particular hull were the ones they used only in 1990! The 97 decals look great- on the narrower TSC-style tapered main stripe. They look too small and out of place on the NWZ hull.

Can I get an a-men? BOAT P O R N. No other way to describe it.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 12:50am
Boat P*rn is a wonderful thing!
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 4:07am

IMO the best looking graphics ever for that particular hull were the ones they used only in 1990! The 97 decals look great- on the narrower TSC-style tapered main stripe. They look too small and out of place on the NWZ hull.

Joel, it probably goes without saying that I agree 100%... except they used the same graphics in '89 as well. Different hull though.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2011 at 6:03pm

Josh, The keep it original guys have their point but dont let them get you down, I always thought your boat stood out in a good way. I would not worry about the graphics till it is due for another wet sand in about 15 years.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2011 at 8:12pm
White Lake Marine Hull Decals

n3boatworks Hull Decals
66 Skylark
93 SN
tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 8:48am
Thanks Marty.

The window tinting came off better than I thought with little residual junk left behind.
1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 1:52pm
I 2nd the 90 decals :)

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 2:15pm
I think the gray or black decals on the yellow/black '90 SN is one of my favorite looks.

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 2:31pm
I accept defeat. You guys win...
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 2:34pm
haha Hawk, I like your install too. I just like these better. Everyone has their opinions ;)

No one loses here! Accept Chris Mars, he's the one that likes that gross N on the side of the 2000's...bahahaha juuust kiddin Chris.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 2:42pm

Now the question becomes, gray or black? I vote black, and am guessing hawktique would too given only those choices. I think I understand why he went the the decals he could actually obtain, the gray doesn't do much for me.

tlzkaasen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlzkaasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 4:15pm

There is no defeat at all! Just a matter of preference and $$. The primary decals are staying for the time being. I'm just looking for all the misc decals to add for this year.

1990 Nautique
Tomahawk, WI
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Now the question becomes, gray or black? I vote black, and am guessing hawktique would too given only those choices. I think I understand why he went the the decals he could actually obtain, the gray doesn't do much for me.

If I were to do the originals, the grey seem to appeal more to me. Don't know why. When I was looking the only two I found readily available were the later ones on the red Ski on the bottom (which I actually think are the worst CC made, retracting a previous statement), '94 solid black (ugh) , and '97. I actually really liked the grey with black shadow on the 97's.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 4:21pm

Ha, they're not THAT bad! They are, after all, my favorite stickers/font/size, but just on a tapered stripe boat, that's all. They are certainly an acceptable substitute for the period decals. Now, had you put the "AIR" decals on, that would be something else altogether.

HW- you're right about black vs. gray- it has to be black, no question. I didn't even know they had gray.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 10:42pm
I actually like the 07 style that HW posted in his 2nd pic on these older hulls.

I have these same decals to go on my 91.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic