NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to trick ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: learning to trick ski
    Posted: March-14-2011 at 4:56pm
Well, I like to combo trick ski as well as shoe ski. It makes great practice for barefooting as well. I have another video performing a few actual tricks and it might show some of the ice breaking up. The footing was nerve-wracking! I went hunting for open ramps last weekend, only found one. They either had ice at the bottom or a pile plowed up at the top.

Chain O' Lakes - March 13.

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:02pm
hahahahahha and coors light to boot.

They say that coors train is cold, but D@MN!!!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:16pm
You can always tell a PLBC guy....but you can't tell 'em much.

On the other had, I am guessing you are the first CCFan north of the Mason Dixon line to be skiing this season...if not the first person, period.

So here's to that.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:23pm
Eric Koehler, our old MC friend and now Lauderdale Lakes Correct Craft salesman was also out on Sunday. They were down river, had it not been for the ice we could have met up.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

... had it not been for the ice we could have met up.

Yeah....I hate when that happens.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:36pm
The caddy doing the towing never gets old. Awesome. What's going on with the rims there? New?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:43pm
Are those coolers strictly used for wake enhancement? Cool video!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 6:14pm
One is hot water the other is cold beer, ice water provided by the lake.

Snow tires, they make decent mudders too.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 6:43pm
i'll bet that caddy rides like a champ
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 7:44pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 8:01pm
so officially your boat´s been sumerized? or is kept in heated garage?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 8:40pm
Summerize = put drain plugs back in.

I do warm it up on the garden hose before going to the ramp. This thing only sits 3-4 months.

I love the sound of the chine spray falling on the glass calm water. Ssshhhhhhhhh
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 8:51pm
Good trick skiing Hollywood. You may be the only person that has done an ice start.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 9:07pm
how much time until your hands and feet get completely frozen numb?
LOL
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 9:22pm
What speed were you going? It seemed fast for trick ski's.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Good trick skiing Hollywood. You may be the only person that has done an ice start.

Yeah....the ice start....I think that is one that I'll pass on.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 11:48pm
Just goes to show you how far some of us will go for "butter".
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 11:59pm
I want to see the Ice Finish, that's a much better trick. The fall is my favorite time because the water is like that but still warm, all you people who think its too cold, you just keep thinking that way so the rest of us can keep on enjoying water like that.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 12:59am
Eat your heart out Jbear,ya cant do that where your at!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Eat your heart out Jbear,ya cant do that where your at!

Wow...so many things I could comment on about this thread but I will have to leave it at "you're on the wrong Chain HW...call me for directions..."

When do you head south Gary? See ya in 2 weeks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 1:31am
We are leaving before the crack of dawn on the 23rd John.Started it up tonight to make sure it ran,so I'm set to go! See you then
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 1:35am
can't wait to see ya and all the rest of the guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 4:57pm
I hope to see some skiing from SJRR this year. Here's more trick video I found. That W2W fall tweaked my ankle for the third time that year, sprained it jumping in the spring and did nothing but 2 ski on showboards for a an entire month following, only to crank it doing trick ski line steps in June.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 7:21pm
The show skiing is showing, you flashed a little of the ever elegant "Back Swan" maneuver. LOL
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 10:51pm
So, when will we see this same video at 20MPH faster and no skis? Your pre-turn squat is so "longline FTB"!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 7:03pm
Been a long time coming but I finally finished my shoe skis. It's easy to lose count of the coats of marine spar varnish when it takes ~15 months to finish! These were made from a single $27 board of 1/2" african mahogany from Owl Hardwood in Des Plaines. Mitered to length and angle, then sanded with a DA. I countersunk the t-nuts with a forstner bit.

Any input from the wood guys would be appreciated, as this is just the first of many I'm sure I'll make. Had I wet the boards and then sanded it probably would have taken 1/2 the coats of spar varnish. The grain kept raising up through in some spots until like the 10th coat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:41pm
Kevin,
I'd have to guess you didn't fill the open grain with a paste filler. Yes, the wet the wood first and then do a light sand takes care of grain raising but trying to fill the open grain with varnish is almost impossible. However, they look great!!

Great ice start too!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SkiNautique 200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique 200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 2:16pm
This guy is one of the best. a few years ago they had a shoe ski competition at the Gardens. I am not sure if he even competed. Anthony used to ski with the Aqua Nuts. I believe Greg Weyers made his shoes, dynegreg on the hydrodyners website. I have seen a pair it would seem to me that they are very similar to cutting board material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f1h77Bvog

Enjoy!~ and be inspired!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2014 at 4:20pm
^ "Shoe King" is an Aquanut alumni. Shoe skiing is still very much alive in Twin Lakes, WI. I didn't do much on my own this year but the sets I did take went pretty well.

Anyway, PLBC is stepping up the 2 ski trick ski game next season. Barracuda's inspired me to finally rig up a pair of decent bindings. I just finished rebuilding these these old O'Brien jump plates with NOS heels, reused the trick's old toes and flipped the wrap upside down. I snuck some extra screws (epoxy filled pre-drilled holes) through the heel horseshoe to hopefully prevent pull out since the only retention is the ski's skin. The forward lean of the heels really make it seem like the bindings are far forward but the toe horseshoe is practically in the same spot as before and with the heel horseshoe matching up to the old middle position.

The toe sliders on these black and orange skis were an absolute garbage design. O'Brien always struggled to make a decent binding IMO. Again, extra screws. Best I could do here was keep consistent with Herb's brands...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic