Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O.S. Systems Drysuits??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:29pm
Just an update. Went and looked at the suit, it turned out to be a small and I need at least a medium maybe a large (I'm 5'6" 160lbs). It needs at least one seal replaced (ankle)

Here is the link. For $75.00 I think it is still a good deal

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/spo/2222576650.html
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:36pm
I dont think you want a Large- Medium at most. The bag suits are plenty roomy... you dont want to be swimming in it any more than you need to be. $75 looks like a good deal, even if it needs some seals replaced.

Just dont ask HW to do any of the required repairs. I mean seriously- look at this clown (the other faces have been blurred to protect the innocent).

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:36pm
Thanks for all the supportive emails guys, it means a lot.

Midwest Rippers!

If I were in a picture with HW (despite the poor lighting and wet hair) I'd want to hide my face too, don't blame you at all Tim.

Originally posted by Wacko Wacko wrote:

Just an update. Went and looked at the suit, it turned out to be a small and I need at least a medium maybe a large (I'm 5'6" 160lbs).

A Medium will be perfect, lucky guess Tim.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

(despite the poor lighting and wet hair)

You make more excuses than my aforementioned "buddy" with all the OS drysuits- as it was so kindly pointed out, he's a LIAR!

I guess it doesnt matter that he owns like 5 of them. I think his brother has one too.

Ive got nothing left to say here. Im sure HW will get his last word in, but Im taking the high road.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 5:23pm

You never did have anything to say.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 6:01pm
Maybe you girlz need to find a 2XL suit you can share.

Thinking Drysuit Seals aren't the only thing HW & Timmy have blown
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

(despite the poor lighting and wet hair)

You make more excuses than my aforementioned "buddy" with all the OS drysuits- as it was so kindly pointed out, he's a LIAR!

I guess it doesnt matter that he owns like 5 of them. I think his brother has one too.

Ive got nothing left to say here. Im sure HW will get his last word in, but Im taking the high road.

See ya.........
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 1:14pm
LOL.

Since apparently its not as painfully obvious to everyone as I assumed it would be, I should probably point out that there was no actual animosity in this thread yesterday... HW is about as close as I have to a younger (mentally challenged) brother. Well, maybe more like a cousin. Im standing next to him in this picture for those who couldnt guess.

Of course, that doesnt change the fact that he cant fix a drysuit seal to save his life!    Im waiting until he gets his methods down before sending my leaker over to him.

I fully expect at least one more response out of him trying to carry this thing on one more time, but I suspect he wont be back on here for a few days, as he's testing out those drysuits in some cool TX water this weekend. I wish I was down there skiing with the PLBC too!
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 2:37pm
If you really have to have the last word you need an iPhone so you're never in a situation were you can't get that last post in.

I've been playing with some iron on adhesive that seems to work pretty well. I got it at a place called Dive Rite In Scuba, they have videos on the website to explain everything. I've had the best luck when I had a mandrel to hold the suit real tight. It didn't work so well trying to adapt boots onto a suit that came without them, the glue took a couple of tries to get that to work.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2011 at 1:52am
Couple things:

1. Always get commercial ankle/wrist seals.

2. Don't buy one too small, you can blow the seams out.

3. Seals are relatively easy to replace providing you have the correct tools.

4. OS rebrands their suits for a number of other manufacturers.

http://www.ossystems.com/size.htm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2011 at 8:41pm
Tim is the jealous older brother who can't get over the fack that little brother/cousin (whatever you need to call it) grew up and has completely surprased him in all areas of life. It's classic. TRBenj was the pride of NWCT. Out of respect I let him tag along for the ride, which he should be absolutely thankful, but he just can't let go as evidenced in this blog.

Ron Scarpa Watersports sells OS Suits with their own patch on the chest. I have 2 suits branded with the OS patch, another with no markings at all, and a screenprinted Intensity.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2011 at 11:53am
Haha, I knew you wouldnt disappoint. A full week and a half later though... just like I said, a little slow.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 12:59pm
I just found another OS Breeze (no ankle guards/cuffs) on craiglist for $50, it needs 1 wrist replaced. Now is the time to buy a drysuit.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 1:02pm

it needs 1 wrist replaced

If only you knew someone capable of repairing seals, you'd be in good shape!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 1:04pm
I'll find someone someday, until then it's dishwashing gloves and duct tape.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic