Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O.S. Systems Drysuits??

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O.S. Systems Drysuits??
    Posted: February-24-2011 at 2:55pm
Hello,

Just looking for peoples experiences/opinions with the o.s. systems drysuits? Have an opportunity to purchase one at a decent price and am looking for some feedback.

Thanks
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 3:11pm
Not an expert on the subject but for better help on choosing the correct suit you need to provide the intended use of it..ski, wake, or Barefoot, as some of the suits might be all around but some might not be.. Just my .02

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 3:28pm
I like them, have 5 myself and my brother has 1 (all Breezes). Ankle guards are a plus for barefooting (Breeze-Bare).
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 3:31pm
Good point Kapla. I am planning on using it for a little bit of everything so I have decided I want a bag suit, so i was looking more for info on quality and such.
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 3:32pm
Hollywood, how much does it cost to have the seals replaced if necessary?
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 6:57pm
I have an OS drysuit also. It is probably 15 years old but still working great.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 6:58pm
All the prices are listed on their website.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 8:41pm
Hollywood, why do you have 5 drysuits? None of m my business, im just curious, I suppose.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 8:46pm
I am the TRBenj of drysuits. I bought a few needing repair so I'll keep a few around for loaners and sell the ones I don't need.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I am the TRBenj of drysuits.

Hey- at least the boats I fix dont leak!
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 10:59am
I've got one, it works fine, probably wouldn't hold up to footin' but OK for everything else. Seals are easy to relpace, I added boots to 2 suits this winter and replaced wrist seals on one and added dry gloves to another. There are videos on You Tube, just takes an afternoon.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

More of them work than less, unlike your boat situation.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 12:37pm

More of them work than less, unlike your boat situation.

IMHO a drysuit that doesnt keep you dry does not "work".

If my boats leaked like your suits do, Id need to invest in multiple bilge pumps!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 12:49pm
God Bless America, we are all free to believe what we want. I have a special drysuit just for you, nevermind those ankle weights they are for buoyancy control. Let me get that zipper for you, I believe it's closed jump right in!

Do you have an OS Drysuit or anything with value to share here? Stick to the topics you think you know something about.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:19pm

Do you have an OS Drysuit or anything with value to share here? Stick to the topics you think you know something about.

A buddy of mine has a few OS suits... he foots in them and the quality seems pretty decent, but he cant get them to stop leaking? Im assuming that was due to a faulty repair job on the seals though.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:29pm

A buddy of mine has a few OS suits... he foots in them and the quality seems pretty decent, but he cant get them to stop leaking? Im assuming that was due to a faulty repair job on the seals though.

Hollywood, Timmy has spoken again. Oh to have all his knowledge, and no one to share it with.....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:31pm
I'll be sure to get some video proof of the quality of OS suits and one of my repair jobs during some footing TOMORROW with Feelgood M.D. Have fun snowmobiling.

For the record, I have only had 1 repair job go bad. This lead to the unfortunate complete removal of the neck seal. It didn't stop my buddy he still took a longline barefoot run w/o it, brass balls.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:38pm

For the record, I have only had 1 repair job go bad.

Out of how many?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:46pm
4. One ankle to go and then a repeat of that neck.

If Tim, boat dr, or anyone else ever wants to demo an OS suit, you are welcome to come ski with me anytime. I have XL, LT, and L in stock, looking for a M.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:51pm
Luvin' yer new Avatar, HW!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 1:53pm
So one outright failure out of 4... but how many of these "repaired" suits leak?

Be honest!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:07pm
When the seal peels off it leaks, yeah, otherwise they are dry. Quinkles 20 yr. old BI (Seatec?) bag leaks through the material and the soft suits do too at barefoot speeds. I would recommend one of these 2 for you as well.

Tim Camp isn't looking so good right now...
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:10pm
Just slap on a big glob of Swimming Pool Blue.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:19pm
So its the materials fault, not the workmanship. Got it!

Like the Dr says, you probably just need more glue!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:29pm
Low blow posting that right before lunch time!

Tim, I don't know what, if any, drysuit experience you have but your leakage problems sounds medical, not drysuit/skiing related at all.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:07pm
FWIW, I'm in one almost every weekend from Thanksgiving to Spring Break, they all leak. The issue is how much before you do something about it. Unless you have a breathable suit it is very hard to tell a small leak from condensation, your gonna be damp when you get out, you shouldn't be wet though.

Now please return to the flame war, only a few more weeks until everyone will be out in there boats and won't have time for this stuff.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:08pm
Hollywood, "my buddy told me , and he don't lie"..............
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:10pm

Low blow posting that right before lunch time!

Tim, I don't know what, if any, drysuit experience you have but your leakage problems sounds medical, not drysuit/skiing related at all.

All of my leakage solving problems come from members of this great website, so nice try making me look bad!

Eric Lavine endorses this:

Pete is a big fan of this stuff:

Maybe one of those guys could help you with your drysuit issues!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Now please return to the flame war, only a few more weeks until everyone will be out in there boats and won't have time for this stuff.

ROFLMAO............Boat dr
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

ROFLMAO............Boat dr

Agreed, I'd much rather be skiing than arguing with trolls on CCF.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic