Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 over heat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
blink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 over heat
    Posted: July-16-2010 at 3:51am
first of all thank you all for your kind words and well wishes from sanity and I. Ok to the problem with the 94 it overheated and went in to stagger back home mode last week but I shut her down and got towed back to the docks ( first time i ever had to do that how I was mortified) so I dug into it the next day changed the raw water pump impeller checked the in line filter screen changed the thermostat by the way the impellor was fine no fin damage or missing fins.changed it anyway.back flushed the supply line only thing i did notice was the screen filter gasket was chewed up but didn't leak so i put her back in the water on the trailer ( i am not that trusting )same thing got the red idiot light shut it down pulled it out and there she sits now i am waiting on a new recirc pump from ski dim and t housing ( it looked like an indiana jones cave all kind of corrosion and crap on the inside so i will change that hopefully that will fix it . Any clues why the temp gauge didn't go above 120 thanks every one
BTW looks like I lost my 82-2001 to sanity
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 10:26am
they do have problems with the temp sending units, tells the computer to throw it in limp mode.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 12:37pm
Does it overheat all the time, at idle, cruising? Mine was overheating at idle, had a hard to see crack in the line right at the clamp below the tranny cooler.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
blink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 1:51am
well changed,thermostat housing, the t housing, bottom elbow thermostat,recirc pump water strainer gasket, and ran out of daylght should finish up tommorrow after work and give her a try and to answer some of your questions it got at hot at idle and all settings . Tommorrow I will plug the feed lines and put some water to it or air and check for leaks let you all know what i come up with    Thanks guys wish me luck
LKG_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LKG_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 2:31am
Dump your water strainer and make sure it fills back up. I have no idea why, but on one occasion after doing some work (including a new water pump impeller) my boat wasn't able to create enough suction to pull water in. I only noticed because I had dumped the strainer and it was still bone dry when I tried to warm the boat up on the trailer. Maybe the trailer wasn't backed far enough in (although I'm about 95% sure it was), maybe something wasn't spinning right, or maybe it just needed a couple of revs on the engine to create enough suction. In any case, pulling the water pump impeller, putting it back together, and trying again worked for me.

Lake Gaston/Raleigh

North Carolina
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 8:52am
Originally posted by blink blink wrote:

only thing i did notice was the screen filter gasket was chewed up but didn't leak so i put her back in

Any clues why the temp gauge didn't go above 120 thanks every one

John,
I'd look for a new gasket for the strainer bowl. It didn't leak under pressure but the bowl is on the suction side of the RWP and may suck air.

Are you sure it went to limp mode due to a overheat and not something else like oil pressure? You say the dash gauge never went over 120.

I'm with Eric to check the temp sending unit.

Don't continue throwing money at it until you find the real problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
blink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 2:02am
Pete you and Eric were right on target. Put her in the water today started it up and still had the light. This time the motor did come up to 140 , so the thermostat fixed that problem motor stayed cool but still had the light so i disconnected the wire from the temp sensor and grounded it with full deflection on the guage . then disconnected the oil pressure sender gauge showed the same then i disconnected the sender off of the side of the oil pressure sensor and lost the idiot light so the sender unit is bad going to replace it tommorrow. Thanks everyone   I don't feel bad about replacing the plumbing ,and recirc pump didn't cost that much for piece of mind the old parts were pretty corroded and were going to need changed anyway thanks again.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 10:05am
in between the babble comes some good info lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic