NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who's lake has the most CC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:41pm
Summer goes by way too fast!
1983 Ski Nautique
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:03am
Originally posted by rman56 rman56 wrote:

Summer goes by way too fast!

You got that right.. About the first of October, the water becomes unfriendly and too cold to swim in.

There are many newer wakeboard boats on my lake. There is some enjoyment watching the jet boat family. Watching the long rooster tails and sound is fun.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:11am
Instead of my lake I'll talk about 'my' country.
57% of all inboards are CC. 25% of CC's are on my lake. We once managed to get half of all CC's in the country together!
OK, now in numbers: 7 inboards total, 4 CC's, once my buddy brought his to my lake so we had 2 together. Impressive huh!

83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:14am
there is one other nautique on my river and its my old one i sold to my buddy.....and there is like 3 other boats on the whole river period. its a beautiful place.
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:14am
I am on Keuka Lake in the finger lakes area of NY. I have never notices how many CCs were on this lake till I bought one. There used to be a dealer right on the lake but they went out several years ago. Just riding around this weekend, I probably saw 5-6 Martiniques the same vintage as mine. There are a lot of the mid to late 80s vintage 2001s. I know of 1 Silver Nautique that looks in imaculate condition. There are a lot of inboard boats on our lake, wood and glass. I would guess that Correct Craft is the largest percentage. There are a lot of other interesting inboards though. I know of a 65 Owens with 327 marine conversion, early Hackercraft replica with flathead ford marine conversion, several early glass Centurys (Resorters, Cheetas, MKII and others) and I just saw a Corvette boat this weekend.

David
86 Martinique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:51am
On our complex here, 68 miles,300 plus boats.
150 fishing.......outboard
100 bourbon barges.....outboard
50 bow rider/tube puller....I/O
2 CorrectCrafts......ONLY INBOARD

Karen and I own Both
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 2:28pm
jbear, where does he live on Wylie ?
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 6:55pm
i think only 4 on my lake including mine...lots of pontoon boats...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 7:18pm
The pontoon boat thing baffles me a little bit
There are tons of them on my lake.

My aunt and uncle have one and love it; I understand. It's kind of fun to put around on and see the sites. Even when they had a regular boat, they drove it slow anyway, so this suites them better. They're in their 70's so it's also nice to just step from the pier right into it.

The thing that I don't understand is there are lots of young families with them too. There's one that has a huge outboard, like tournament bass boat proportions. With that motor it gets just enough speed for them to use it for tubing and knee boarding. I can't help but think they'd be much happier if they took that motor and mounted it to a bowrider-runabout instead.

Edit:
... or bought a Correct Craft instead!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 7:49pm
There is a pontoon boat on Powers Lake with a tow bar over the outboard with wakeboard racks on it...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:00pm
I haven't counted the CCs in my town, but there are a lot. 5 out of 13 houses on my little court have CCs. Maybe I'll have to count them. If there are not at least 250, I'll be surprised. BKH
Livin' the Dream

MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:02pm
i have a pontoon boat up north...we wakeboard in the morning and then pontoon all day. pontoon boat is the BEST cruise, swim, beer boat there is.
there are a few out there with big motors that people ski behind...we call those people S$%t heads...no offense...
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:06pm
of course you must have the #1 pontoon boat accessories...
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:39pm
When I was saving for my SN, my family members used to pretend that they were each, individually, going to go out and buy pontoon boats. Just to get me heated because they knew how bad I wanted a ski boat.

If I knew pontoon boats came equipped like that, maybe I would have been alright with it :)

Now I want to take my camera to the lake this weekend and try to document all of the CCs.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 10:18pm
I am jealous of guys up north. I think yall got more inboards and Correct Crafts up there.

Great pic by the way on the Pontoon. My dad is thinking of buying one for the family. There great for hanging out and enjoying the afternoon. He said, you got the ski boat, when we want to go out skiing or whoever can go with you, other than that we can we swim, and float on the pontoon. Tie the pontoon and the ol nautique up and float away..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Furno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 2:19am
Secord Lake in mid-Michigan. Not sure why, but the boats are either ski boats (all flavors) or Pontoons. I've got one of both.... 4th of July is crazy and the '83 stays on the hoist. Last 4th of July on one of the pontoon rides we counted 100+.
Andy

'83 2001
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 11:36am
I wish there were more CC's around here, I know a few guys that have them but never go out. Pontoons are a good party barge!
1983 Ski Nautique
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 12:25pm
Were did ya pick up those pontoon acessories? I need a couple for my toon.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 4:38pm
Three on my lake.....one 68 baracuda.....one early 90's.....and one super air......then mine 63. the others are ski supreme and stars and stripes MC....
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 4:44pm
there's close to a 100 on Wawasee, about 6-8 79's alone, tons of newer stuff too.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Right now Balch Lake has:
1.My 1993 SN
2.An early era 69ish Mustang
3.A later, like 72 Mustang
4.2001 hull SN, mid 80's
5.Oh! I spotted a Ski Tique last weekend, I was excited as I had not sen it before.
6.I know someone has a Sport Nautique but I haven't seen it out yet this year.

I don't think any of them except me are CCFans though

Considering how small the lake is, and the crazy high number of party barges and bass boats, that's pretty respectable. There's a fair amount of old style Malibu Responses, I'd say it's a close race between those and CCs for inboard ski boats.

Hey Brian,
A few years ago I had mine cruising around Balch.
That's a pretty cool little lake.
About three summers in a row, we rented a house right across the road from the marina.
If I remember right, the NH/Me border went through the yard.
We'd have that cove all to ourselves for the whole week!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:24pm
Wow, what a small world!
Yes, the Maine NH border does run right through there. Actually, the majority of the lake is Maine, but I always call it New Hampshire, because that's where our side is.

Yeah, it is a cool little lake. It's good for skiing too; doesn't get too choppy. Only down side is there aren't many official markers for where the shallow spots are. You just have to know or rely on the unofficial ones people have made. One guy made a funny little makeshift tombstone in honor of his propeller.

Sunday nights are the best part of the weekend. I'm hoping for some weekdays off later on. It gets really quiet during the week.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:27pm
2 BFN's
4 2001's
3 90-96
1 176
2 1997
1 sport nautique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:30pm
Lake conway in orlando has around 200 and lake butler must have 150!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:34pm
Trip, your boat was a conway boat, I think that was my buddy daves old boat!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:43pm
MI-nick, Ford Lake has
2 early 90's SN
1 99 SN
1 Super Air
your boat
then my two that do not stay on the water but visit the lake on regular basis. There used to be way more CC's on the lake when the ski team was in exsistance.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 3:31am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Trip, your boat was a conway boat, I think that was my buddy daves old boat!

Correct! I bought it from a guy named Dave. Funny, small world. Had to have the trans rebuilt but other than that it's been holding up great.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

MI-nick, Ford Lake has
2 early 90's SN
1 99 SN
1 Super Air
your boat
then my two that do not stay on the water but visit the lake on regular basis. There used to be way more CC's on the lake when the ski team was in exsistance.

your right...i forgot about that '99 and the guy that trick ski's behind it...he seems like he's been doing that for a while...
sls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:21pm
I was going to count last night on Lake James in Indiana, but kept forgetting or losing count. There are a lot!!!

Swam from about 5:30-6:30 at the sandbar, a thursday night. 7 boats there, 3 pontooons, a bow rider, and 3 CC's.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 3:28pm
I've never had the good fortune of skiing in a place where skiing was popular.

When I lived in NY, 1,100 acre lake
my supra
one late 80s MC
one new (96ish) v-drive malibu

Where I am now, about 500 acre lake (I trailer to)
my tique
about 4 malibu responses
1 SAN (I think)
1 centurian (I think)
1 MC
used to be a flightcraft sportster (one of my favorites)
Ive seen a sanger, supra and one Nautique trailered in

Where I go in NC (250 acre lake)
my tique
my brothers skylark (trailers in)
1 96 nautique (trailers in)
1 91 Excel
over the past 6 years I've seen two other CCs trailered in
3-4 I/O tube pullers
a gazillion tooners
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic