Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70's Seat Vinyl - Where???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70's Seat Vinyl - Where???
    Posted: June-03-2010 at 7:36pm
I realize this may not be possible, but does anyone know of a source that could help with the old style seat vinyl. 76' Southwind 20. I love my seats with the marble look and stamped patterns, but the top of the back seat has finally worn through from all the traffic. The seats have almost no fade so, if I could just find the same vinyl color I might be able to splice it in some how.
Thanks - Kirk

Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 7:41pm
You could try here.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 7:59pm
I bought some vinyl for a 1970 F250 truck interior several years ago from Original Auto Interiors in Columbus, MI.
Phone is eight one zero-seven two seven-two four eight six.

You may need to send them a sample of what you have, and they will send you back samples of the closest products they have. I seriously doubt you will be able to find the embossed vinyl anymore.

You may want to try Kendor Marine in Franklin, WI. They have a very complete selection of vinyls. I bought all my supplies there over the past several 8 months or so to re-do my boat interior. Did not go with the marble effect look though.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 9:06pm
Kirk,
Any upholsterer should be able to get vinyl that's damn close. It's going to be the heat stamp pattern that he will not be able to do. Too much tooling. However, sewing in the same pattern is common for a restoration.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2010 at 1:25am
Pete, how did they do the heat stamping?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2010 at 8:57am
Chris,
It's done in a hot die. The imprints are raised male sections with electric heating.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 1:18am
Kirk, That is a brand of Naugahyde vinyl called Dolphin ....Go to Miami Corp.com Look under Vinyl upholstery fabrics then marine vinyl , then look at the Naugahyde collections. Its called blue dolphin. its 13.50 per yard. This is a great company we have been dealing with them for years. They have 3 locations. And like Pete said any local upholstery shop should be able to get it for you. And the heat stamped material is still available just in a straight line pattern. Its called seaquest. Hope this helps .

Dave
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 12:21pm
WOW!!!! Dave that sure looks like it. I ordered sample this morning. Thanks for the tip!
Kirk
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 10:09am
Your welcome Kirk. Great looking boat. Thats awesome how you ended up with it. Nice story.

Dave
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic