Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1979 barefoot supreme? Questions...   *Updated*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 barefoot supreme? Questions... *Updated*

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
robrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 1:35am
The boat looks great!

Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 1:37am
Phickman, I may do that.. i have some video of the first test ride I took i think.. no seats or engine cover, kneeling down at 53 mph with the 460 right in behind me     
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 11:16am
Well done, and looks great!
Looks like an oj 4-force?
Great prop on that boat for holeshot and a flat slalom and barefoot wake. Notsomuch for top speed but you made that up with the engine.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Great prop on that boat for holeshot and a flat slalom and barefoot wake. Notsomuch for top speed but you made that up with the engine.

Thanks!    And yes that is an OJ, I ended up changing over to an ACME 1459.. the OJ was one we had layin around and it was a 17, it was only letting me turn 4300 rpm so I went with the acme, which increased performance throughout the range..
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2010 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Mrusso94 Mrusso94 wrote:

Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Thanks!    And yes that is an OJ, I ended up changing over to an ACME 1459.. the OJ was one we had layin around and it was a 17, it was only letting me turn 4300 rpm so I went with the acme, which increased performance throughout the range..

I see, that would do it. If you ever have issues with the roost, try one in 13x14.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Bearfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2017 at 3:13am
I know this is an old post , any more information on this make and model?
Bearfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2017 at 1:47pm
I have a 1985 if I can figure out how to post pictures I would. Any info much appreciated.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2017 at 4:33pm
Dont try to post photos from phone or tablet, you have to have your photos loaded on a computer.

To post photos, in the reply box below, click on the arrow that is pointing to the NE, that opens another reply box. At the top of that is an icon of a tree with an up arrow. Click on that. It will let you browse for a photo on your computer. Select the photo and then follow instructions. There are a couple more steps. Repeat as needed as you can only do one at a time. Post away, would like to see you pics.
ceriousgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceriousgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 2:07pm
This 79 barefoot supreme is alive and well on Greenwood Lake in NJ...albeit with a new, far less knowledgeable owner (me).

Do you have any specific questions? Also please post those pics!
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I would hardly compare a Supreme to a Yugo. In its time, it was a pretty good boat. It certainly wasn't a low price point or disposable boat.
[snip]
You may also have a bit more trouble finding answers to questions on Supremes. The company changed hands two or three times since the early 80s. They still build Supremes, but the company today has practically no relationship to the company of the 80s, other than its name.
BKH

And the fact that all Supreme boat sale revenue rolls up to their parent company...that happens to be Correct Craft since 2015 (when CC acquired a majority stake in both Supreme and Centurion.)

BTW, cool looking boat. Should be a great one when you get it sorted. (hmm...shoulda looked at the dates more closely, and/or read the whole thread before replying.)

Still, good looking old boat. I love those, regardless of brand. Like others have stated, it reminds me up my lake days as a kid in the late 70s/early 80s.
Bearfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 4:50pm
Pm me you're number and I'll send you some pics can't upload them
Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2017 at 6:50pm
Jeez, 7 year old thread comes back to life! The interesting thing is that this thread makes a slightly more sense in a Correct Craft forum now then it did 7 years ago. Anyhow, let me know if you have any questions. Myself or it's new owner can certainly help!    I'll see if I can get that photobucket account fixed to restore the photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic