NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Pickers !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Pickers !!!!!
    Posted: March-11-2010 at 11:32pm
Hey guys, Look who paid my 'mechanic' friend a visit today! Been holding on to this secret for over a week and today it came true.
The guys from the cable tv show on the History Channel
"American Pickers" were actually here in High Point,NC today, March 11,2010 !!

WOW! Great guys too! My friends parents,left him their Antique Shop, the dad just passed away at Christmas, his Mom passed about 5 years ago.
I had e-mailed them about a month ago, and asked since they were out and about to look for me a flag staff for the 'ole Skylark and had mentioned my frind's inheritence.
My friend mentioned to me about 2 weeks ago, Hey,Guess who called me. I told him, American Pickers, and his jaw dropped. He said how do you know they called me. I just grinned. But he said they were gonna be in touch. So he tells me Tuesday the 9th, that they're coming Thursday. I figured "they" wouldn't be here. But at 9 am this morning they pop out of an RV that was parked behind our work at CarQuest. His shop is next door to us and he rents a building beside of it just full of antiques.
Well they picked till noon, went to eat, then went to the parents house for 3 hours, then came back to his shop and started doing the 'interview' taping for the show and I walked over there.
Just minding my own business, not thinking I'd get to talk to them, Mike Wolfe does his little thing and then walks over to me and starts talking to me!
He asks me about my friend, Charlie, and the discussion leads to, well we found out about him in an e-mail someone sent them. I just smiled real big and he said- No Way! You sent that e-mail! I told him yes, and the next thing out of his mouth was- You've got a SWEET Boat!.
He remembered that e-mail from a month ago, just because of the SWEET Correct Craft. He says they're right next to the Mississippi, and he grew up loving the old wooden Chris Crafts and Correct Crafts!
He just couldn't believe that I was standing there of all people who turned them on to this particular 'Pick'

He said for me to call this number he gave me, ask for Danille, the girl we see on TV with them, leave her my contact numbers, because he has 2 Chrome Flag Staffs back at the shop in Iowa, and he'll personally send me pics of them to see if he has what I need, and then we'd deal from there. If not, he'll be sure and start looking for me when they're out 'Picking'

Man was I floored! Here's a couple of pics, and you'll notice the Race Car Body back there too! They said that was cool and would be nice for their shop! So that's how my day went!

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:23am
Very cool Marty. My wife and I watch that all the time. We especially like it when they stop at the old farms out in the boonies with all the junk all over the place. Shop in High Point, huh? I hope to be in that area this summer. We just might just have to run up and do some browsing.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:35am
Sounds like a chrome flag staff is in your future!
Way to go
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:42am
That show is really interesting with all the stuff they come across. You surely will have a couple of good sets of eyes looking for you.Good luck !
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:45am
Marty....thats is AWESOME!! I recorded the series on my DVR after catching an episode one day. Came back Monday and there were 6 of em! I stayed up till 2 watching...I'm hooked!!!

I think I'll have to stop by their shop sometime since they're in Iowa. Maybe we can get them to deliver your flag staff to the Midwest reunion this year and do a feature on Correct Craft Fan!?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 1:14am
LOVE that show. Love it. That and Pawn Stars are my favorite reality educational shows right now.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

WOW! Great guys too!

Well I had to shoot them an email since I'll be in the area in May. Told them about the web picking vultures on CCF and the great community here. Within 5 min Mike Wolfe sends me a message back. Very cool guys indeed! We'll have to get them to an event this year and show em a good time...CCF style!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 1:33am
Your famous Marty! thats something. I liked the episode with the amusement park car ride. I come from a long line of "carnies",just several years ago my Dad finally sold his roller coaster.Most old amusement rides are very hard to get rid of.I agree with Joel,those are my favorite shows too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 10:00am
ha, good for you, Marty...I watch every episode,btw, they should of brought the chick along....shes not to bad, maybe they would trade something for her lol, I watch the pawn guys to and sit and wonder about those guys, A guy will bring in a 1757 gun from that era, you know he'll let it loose for 500 bucks and they bring in an expert who says its worth 15k and then they will buy it for 10k, I dont get that part....you chisel it from the guy first then bring the expert in later....
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 10:05am
so are you going to be on TV? i can record it too!
btw, is that an old Nova wagon in the background?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 11:12am
Marty,
This is so cool!! When are they going the air the episode? Did they buy anything?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 11:32am
The last pic,you'll see some Bicylces,with a motor on it, that they said was 'Killer' in the interview. No home runs they said but a 2nd visit was in store. They picked alot. I'll try and get a total from him and let ya'll know.
No I never got on 'their' camerea, but The History Channel was panning around at times and may have gotten me in there.
I'll try and let ya'll know about the episode airing.
Boy what a day!
66 Skylark
93 SN
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 11:40am
Yeah, What they said. Im Hooked Pickers, Pawn Stars, Ax Men...
bj
hasbeenskier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:41pm
My friend, Charlie, just came in the shop(CarQuest) to get a serpentine belt and I asked what the total was- He kinda grinned, I said over $1500 and he said yes. He told me another surprise-----
   They're coming back Tuesday!!!

As he went out the door he raised 2 fingers!
66 Skylark
93 SN
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 8:23pm
That is so cool Marty!   My wife and I love that show... do you think you may show up in the episode?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 4:12pm
marty is the guy on your left your long lost twin?     sorry i had to
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 12:09am
Good luck w/ the flag staffs Marty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 2:54am
Love these guys too. Ax Men..Ice Road Truckers..the Pawn guys...gotta love cable tv.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 10:24am
Nova Wagon Marty?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 11:12am
I'm checking on that today. Do you want to buy it?
66 Skylark
93 SN
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 11:54am
Pickers and Pawn Stars. If I'm channel surfing and hit either of those shows, it's all over, I'm locked in. Last week on Pawn Stars, Chumley was cleaning the warehouse. They found a bronze 14" Erte' statue that was pawned for $200. The old man said he took it in two years prior. It was valued at $4000-$7000. The weird thing was, the statue looked familiar. I then realized that my mom has the same statue. There were 500 of them made.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 1:50pm
I watched Pawn Stars once, the old man was cool, as were the younger ones, but the bald headed guy came off as a douche to me.

The Pickers show was cool but I don't know anything about antiques.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 2:08pm
Well at 9 am Tuesday the 16th, they're back for some more 'pickin'!
Charlie has 3 buildings and his parents house that is full of antiques.His parents brought a lot of stuff back from England and also Charlie's dad was a D-Day Soldier- he's got all kinds of guns and swords!

Eric, send me an e-mail so I can send you some pics on that car.
It's a Borgward Isabella Station Wagon. Got knobs on the door panel for the wing windows.
66 Skylark
93 SN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 2:54pm
Borgward Isabella...thats a name you don't hear every day. I had to look it up.

Back to Pawn Stars...ever notice how its Chumley's job to test fire any vintage fire arm that hasn't been fired in a hundred years?

Hollywood: The bald headed guy is actully pretty funny. He gets a kick out of just about everything.

Things must be going pretty well for the Pickers if they've upgraded their plain white van for that vehicle!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 3:15pm
and probably 15k an episode each
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Back to Pawn Stars...ever notice how its Chumley's job to test fire any vintage fire arm that hasn't been fired in a hundred years?

They put him up in a glider last week, he'd make a good crash test dummy. Don't think he's good for too much else! About as useless as S&S aqua loggers!!! That one kills me, the guy even screams at his kid while he's underwater. I actually feel bad for that guy because he tries so hard but he's got to be a few cards short.

I don't think the pickers are getting rich but that pawn shop sure does some business.

Have fun tomorrow Marty!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I don't think the pickers are getting rich but that pawn shop sure does some business.

I think the pickers just love what they do....pretty cool to see them travel around and do what they love.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 9:08pm
Eric, you want pics of that car? You gonna e-mail me?
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:41am
lavine9153@roadrunner.com or darrin2078@verizon.net
thanks, it looked like a Nova and i wlaways wanted to build a Nova wagone
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:47am
Just like the Orange county chopper boys...they did 200 million in t-shirt and hat sales...great in the beggining, but a sell out in the end. same with Jesse James,
I watched the pickers last night and could see they were paying a touch to much for things. I guess there is a point when it goes from a reality show to just a plain TV show. why do i always see the darkside of things?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic