NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Pickers !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Pickers !!!!!
    Posted: June-18-2010 at 10:14am
hork, i wouldve thought Hollywood would of spotted the inflatable "olive Oil" before you did
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 10:13am
Marty, it was a quick flash on the show when they were pulling the Studebaker Bullet nose out of the barn...it was blue, (the boat)
but that surely also is a nice boat also..
looks like the old mans garage from Orange county choppers, t-shirt sales are good
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 2:59am
Is that Olive Oil in between the stock car and the boat? I missed that when I watched the show.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 2:42am
For you Eric Lavine

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 2:20am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

It was a "Dixie" something couldnt read the rest of the name.

Was it one of these?

Dixie Boats was in Newton, NC. on Hwy 321.

Or was it his Sponsor Dixie Chopper Lawn Mowers
Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
LKG_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LKG_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 8:50pm
I love this show. I can see so many of my own buying tactics in these guys, lol.

A few times last summer I intentionally waited until Saturday a.m. for the 90 mile drive to the lake just so I could hit yard sales and make some money on eBay/Craigslist. I probably covered all of my boat's gas money for the whole summer off a few of the better finds.

Lake Gaston/Raleigh

North Carolina
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2010 at 12:24pm
Man they didn't show half the stuff they 'Picked' !!

Ya'll saw his (Charlie's) shirt he was wearing?

Red Dirt Rising

If ya'll are familiar with the early days of NASCAR racing and moonshining,.
A film company came to Archdale,NC 2 years ago, and filmed
Red Dirt Rising

,about the early years, moonshine'in, etc, Lewallen,Harb,etc,. and Charlie was a Race Car Driver in the film.
Charlie used to race Late Models at Caraway Speedway in Asheboro,NC about 20 years ago.
But that's about everything know I guess.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2010 at 9:00am
i really thought about it, and really think a little Hollywood is getting to them (no pun Kevin)....I really dont think those guys ever met eachother (Newman/pickers) alot of editing and producing going on. My friend was recently in Warwick Rhode Island where TAPS (Ghosthunters) main office is, and from what he tells me the building sits empty with brown paper over the windows, when they tape shows they throw up some vinyl decals on the windows and go at it
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 11:46pm
So, do you think Ryan Newman is a little ticked knowing what they paid for it as compared to what they were initially asking for the sign???

Obviously, money is not a major concern for him, as well as giving up a drivers suit, but I bet the next time they come knocking with some stuff, Ryan will haggle a little more with them.

Cool episode, especially knowing Marty was there when they were picking!!!

Glen

PS, I would have made room next to my Nautique banner for a sign that size!!
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 2:17pm
I caught the show last night on the rerun. Amazingly my Fiance was interested in the show, even though she was looking through the guide for the first few minutes if the show. The sound was on, and apparently "pickers" grabbed her attention enough that she put it on full screen and watched the whole show with me. I'm glad I didn't make a fuss about it.

I was wondering about the racer's boat, and the old boat in the "garage" next to the studebaker.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 1:10pm
Yea, I caught a glimpse of the boat in Ryans garage. I was hoping they would have spent more time touring his garage, he had some cool stuff!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 12:19pm
It was a "Dixie" something couldnt read the rest of the name.

How bout the woody in ryan's garage.....if you can even call it a garage?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 9:42am
i taped it, so I'll go back and look
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 9:37am
I kept seeing that car that i thought was a Nova wagon, but no Marty...did anyone catch that old boat in the barn when they were pulling that bulletnose out? I caught a quick glimpse of what i thought that couldve been a SW
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 2:41am
Awesome episode! Cant wait to see the rest of the season!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 12:57am
To Ryan Newman!
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 12:54am
Was that your buddy Charlie? Pretty cool. They're selling the Philips 66 sign right now.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 10:58am
I do, Eric. I like those shows. I've never heard of the "American Pickers"?? There's a local antique roadshow they do here in Pgh, but it's on Monday's when I'm at Civil Air Patrol with the son. I never get to see it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 8:52am
does anyone watch the "Antique's Roadshow"?
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2010 at 12:48am
And my wife told me I was the only weirdo around that watched Pickers and Pawn Stars! I haven't met Pickers, that must have been pretty cool! My cousin works for Viacom and met with the Pawn star guys and sent me an autograph photo. One for the 13 yo and one for me!

Did anyone ever see the show about the guy up in Conn that bought and sold vintage cars? That was one of my favorites.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 8:59pm
That's cool Marty. I have only seen one episode of American Pickers, but it was interesting. You never know what turns up, what it's worth, and maybe you have one yourself. That's why I have watched pawn stars as well.

I will have to watch the show on the 7th.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 8:00pm
Hey Guys---Just got word that the Season Premiere of American Pickers starts Monday June 7th at 9pm.

It will be the East Coast tour, and North Carolina is included in this show--"The Art of the Deal"

It might be Charlie's time to shine.
So look for me in the background. Or somewhere else in the show. Knowing my luck these past few months, they've edited it out

So , I'll be watching anyways. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Happy 'Picking'
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 7:33am
I knew that girl on the show was hiding something
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 1:35am

Dude,

You can make fire melt, because you are so cool....

Maybe they can keep an eye out for older boats.

Or maybe me and you can go picking on our show...

No not yet on the email, but I will get one hooked up tomorrow.

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 1:17am
No. Just play the Game of Life. Whatever hand is dealt to me I either play it or fold 'em.

Dave, you worked on a Home E-mail yet?
66 Skylark
93 SN
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 12:32am

Marty,

You always have good luck !!!!     

You ever play cards....

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 11:24pm
Got their autographs today! It was another fun-filled day watching them "Pick" again.

66 Skylark
93 SN
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:39pm
eric a nova wagon done as a two door    thats what i always wanted to build.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 3:22pm
Marty....you're a CREEPER!!!! haha Just kidding! Very cool!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 3:17pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic