NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new interior in 82 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new interior in 82 SN
    Posted: February-13-2010 at 4:21pm
Just finished up the interior on the 82. My boat came originally without a back seat, so I decided to make one similar to the 95 style. It turned out pretty good. I only wish I would have had "Ski Nautique 2001" stitched into the rear center seat back. I may go back and do that. Thanks to board members for the new decals (warning decals not on yet), and the new knob, and advice on link to Mcmaster for the lanyard. I took apart the Airguides and cleaned them and painted the needles. Now I just have to wait on the ankle to heal and the weather to warm up. Just had about 5" of snow here in SC....lots of fun!

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 6:06pm
NICE!!!!!!!
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 6:40pm
Nice Ride Dawg!

Waldo
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 7:30pm
Great idea with the back seat for stepping back into the boat! The interior is something like a 1987-88 style stripes. The dash decal looks brand new.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 8:14pm
The boat is a best of several generations combination! Thats what happens when you spend too much time in the reference section of CCF! I got the new 2001 decal from dwcar and marty mabe got me the new knob, pauly banana got me some decals, and the new guide pole covers from the site store! It has been a good use of CCF knowledge. Great site, great folks.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 8:37pm
Ernest - Did you sew the upholstery yourself?     If so, you have the knack!      It looks 1st class!      I hope your ankle feels better soon & the snow melts even sooner.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 8:48pm
No way, not me. I just designed it and paid for it! The guy is really good.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 9:12pm
Ernest,

Your boat looks great. I got your check. The decals will go in mail on Tuesday. Monday is Presidents day.
83Ski
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:01am
Nice job! That looks great !!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

SkiNautique1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2010 at 6:16pm
That looks great!
How much material did it take? I am planning on redoing mine but unsure how much material it will take. I bought 6 yards of white and a yard of blue. But I have the feeling its not going to be enough.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2010 at 6:38pm
I will ask the guy that did it. Took more money than yards! I am really considering getting something stitched on the rear seat back in the center. I was thinking "correct Craft" or "Ski Nautique 2001". Anyone have any opinion?
SkiNautique1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2010 at 6:53pm
Thanks! yes I think the labor will be high, but it will be worth it. I still need to find the right guy to do it. I was referred to one shop but when I went there, there was a guy complaing how his stereo was stolen from the boat while they did his interior.
I think "Correct Craft" on the seats would look awesome. It'll make it look like it was oem interior.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 12:40am
Yea man! That looks really good! Who did the work? Your in SC right?
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 11:05am
Technique interiors in greenwood sc. Randy Butler.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 3:43pm
I would also go with Correct Craft. That script was used up until 1999 in the seats. Next came the N with the swoosh!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 4:28pm
In my case I had the old script area cut in oval shape, like a patch and then stitched over the new skins..but in the drivers seat it was embroided directly to the new skins. All say "correct craft"
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic