NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Its contagious!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:12pm

Let me be the first one to say Welcome from the warm south.

Every nice looking boat. Let me see if I can track down any data
   on the 69 Mustang. hhhhmmmm

Dave
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:16pm
Santa says I can not have another CC for Christmas, but I could have one of these............

I went to Wal-Mart and saw they had Obama Christmas ornaments... now ain't that a bitch?
Suddenly it's okay to hang a black man from a tree again.

Only in the SOUTH

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 1:33am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Since its a '69, Im guessing that the engine is a 302 instead of a 289. Either way, my guess is that it wont stay at 165hp for very long!

It will be interesting to see what Dave comes up with.Due to whats on my hull,Reid convinced me mine is a '69,a very early one. It had a 289 per the engine tag and Dave.If it has a 302 and is close to mine,that means that HM was helping Ford unload those old 289's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 1:41am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

The snow in the picture look's great too, it was 85 today..
Working on my winter tan...hehe
Dave

Beat me to it Dave......

Tim you know how we love pictures here....so where is the "sister" picture we need to see who got all the looks in the family?

boat dr; LOL!!!

Tim (again); all these projects...where does that leave the bucket seat project?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

I went to Wal-Mart and saw they had Obama Christmas ornaments... now ain't that a bitch?

Only in the SOUTH

I don't care who you are............ but that is funny right there!         
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 10:05am

Tim,

Give me the hull number on the tag, so I can try to get the build data.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Only in the SOUTH

I don't care who you are............ but that is funny right there!         

I've been laughing so hard I couldn't type and had to wait 5 minutes before I could post!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Since its a '69, Im guessing that the engine is a 302 instead of a 289. Either way, my guess is that it wont stay at 165hp for very long!

It will be interesting to see what Dave comes up with.Due to whats on my hull,Reid convinced me mine is a '69,a very early one. It had a 289 per the engine tag and Dave.If it has a 302 and is close to mine,that means that HM was helping Ford unload those old 289's

Gary, '68 and '69 were definitely a gray area for the 289 vs. 302. Dad sent me this earlier this week:

Originally posted by ClassicMustangs.com ClassicMustangs.com wrote:

The 221, 260, 289 were originally designed for the Fairlane and produced only in the Cleveland engine plant from 1962-1965. The 1964 289 casting number for all 289s was C4OE-6015-C (later an F suffix). In 1965, this number was changed to C5AE-6015-E for the 289 2V, 4V and Hi-Po (note the change to full size Ford designation and 6 bolt bell housings). In mid-year 1966 the Windsor plant also began producing 289s. The casting numbers for these were (C6AE-6015-C with a "289" and "WF" in the lifter valley. In 1967 both Cleveland and Windsor produced 289s using earlier year casting numbers but with updated date codes. These two blocks were interchangeable, but there were probably some minor differences. Near the end of the 1967 production run, Cleveland ran out of 289 blocks and substituted their new 302 block, C8-OE-6015-A and marked with 302 in the lifter valleys. This block wasn't intended to see action until 1968. Note these 302 casting numbers returned to the intermediate size Ford or Fairlane lineage. Hence, a late model 289 coming from the Cleveland plant might have a 302 block with 289 innards. The Windsor plant had an abundance of 289 blocks for 1967. In 1968 Cleveland only made 302s, while Windsor continued with the 289s. It appears Windsor also tooled up for 302s but the plug was pulled before they got to make any. They did however, design and produce a 302 block that was used on 289s after the stock of 289 blocks was depleted. The number was C8AE-6015-B with 302 marking in the lifter valley. At the very end of the model year some additional 289 blocks must have been discovered as the older C6AE-6015-C blocks appeared again. In 1969 Cleveland continued with 302 production. Windsor dropped 289 production and took up the 351. In 1970 Cleveland came out with its newly designed 351.

In short:
C8AE-6015-B is a 302 block from the Windsor plant that was used in 1968 on a 289.

C8OE-6015-A is a 302 block from Cleveland from a 1967 289 or a 1968 or later 302 (check date code).

There is no code stamped on the block itself that can be used to identify the cubic inch displacement of the block. Casting numbers can be helpful, but some blocks used several different casting numbers, and in some cases, one casting is not interchangeable with the other. Engines are identified by a tag attached to the engine. This tag is used on all late 1964-1970 models and located under the coil attaching bolt. On the tag is the displacement, assembly plant, model year, change level, engine code (useful in identifying high performance engines) and date of production. This tag is easily lost or replaced with a fake tag, so don't rely solely on the tag for identification.

I dont know about you, but Im confused! Either way, its only a 13ci difference I guess.

I do agree with Reid that youve got a '69... the metal scoop on the bow, the bow light, fiberglass buckets, etc are all clues. Interestingly, we believe this boat to be a '69 and it still has the wood based buckets. Strange. Dave, there is a hull ID plate on the stringer- Ill note the number this weekend and have you look it up! My official guess is that its a very early '69 and it didnt ship with a trailer... Im curious to hear what the official name of the color is.

John, theres a good chance this boat will get fiberglass buckets eventually. Nick's Skier needs a set as well. No update since the last time we talked about it, but I do have a mold ready to start popping some out. Just need the time. We'd have to come up with a solution for the aluminum frames though- I have one set but will need at least one more for myself, so we may need to have some fab'd up. If you think Im posting pictures of my sister though, youre crazy!

No ulterior motives here!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2009 at 3:19am
Hope I am down for a bucket still if you get it worked out to be able to make a few.

As to the pictures..not crazy..just hopeful! If I remember right you have posted a picture of your Mom skiing and she was very good looking.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 4:11pm
It took an ignition tune up and some fresh gas, but the engine runs! Jay definitely made good use of our January thaw (40 deg on Sat)...

Dave, if you get a chance to pull the records, the hull ID is M2381. Thanks!
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 4:20pm
Ours is M2321 and was built in Nov 67. Maybe that is a 68?
60 boat difference.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Ours is M2321 and was built in Nov 67. Maybe that is a 68?
60 boat difference.

Mike, maybe- but if so, I would guess its a late '68. It does have the older style wood framed seats that I thought they only used through '68... but the front vent and bow light suggest its a '69 as advertised. Dave should be able to tell us for sure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic