NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirmed
    Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:26pm
on top of the thermostat housing which has 3 hoses going to the manifold, you DO NOT have to wait for the thermostat to open to winterize, the hose that goes from the raw water pump up to the housing will by-pass the thermostat and fill the block. and also up in that same housing there is a by-pass to dump water to the exhaust. once the thermostat opens more water will exit to the exhaust
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:32pm
Old news Eric!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:52pm
Yeah, I've been playing this drum for years now.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:10pm
Isn't that 3rd hole for the water from the raw water pump to be able to bypass the block and go straight to the exhaust manifolds when the thermostat is closed?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:34pm
When the block is full of circulating cold water, the water coming in from the RWP gets pushed up out that 3rd hole, over the thermostat, and out the exhaust.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:38pm
When the block is empty, the engine will fill with water first as it is directed down towards the circulation pump. Once hot, the thermostat will open and water exiting the block will be allowed to go through the thermostat and out the exhaust instead of back around to the circulation pump.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 3:42pm
Precisely. That is why you have to drain the water out of the block. Nice drawing Hollywood. How did you do that?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:10pm
But your boat will overheat and flood with water if you don't have your impeller hoses connected!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:12pm
MS Paint. Where exactly the streams of water mix isn't probably very accurate, and hard to draw but I hope everyone gets the point.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:23pm
if its old news, why are we explaining it again?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:44pm
i'm explaining it for you

how about them browns
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:54pm
Could you guys point out in one of the pictures where the T-stat is ?
I cant believe im asking the question in public but im not sure where to look.
lonestar
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:58pm
The thermostat is the brown disc/ring drawn in, and is removed in the 2 pictures above it. It goes right in between the 2 halves that are separated.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 10:25am
I guess a couple of your pupils didnt make it in that day, and I see you used your sharp Crayons too lol
Hollywood you know information flows redundently here and still gets missed

I know they beat up the Steelers last Thursday
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 10:27am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

if its old news, why are we explaining it again?

Who's the OP?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:52am
OP, other person? HW, he went through all the trouble again to explain the cooling system on a PCM, since it was old news....but again so is winterizing
i wasnt 100% so i confirmed it for myself, I wasnt sure of the cooling routing on the PCM, but i am familier with the Mercs
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:59am
Original poster. The drawings and photos show why water can get trapped in the block and for those unbelievers who think that draining isn't neccesary. Also, shows how pouring anti freeze down that raw water pump hose to the thermos housing will pickel the whole engine. Much better system than on an Indmar.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 12:42pm
I took the opportunity to razz Eric since I blew him off at Rico's last week. Hopefully those pictures help save a few PCMs.

long live foam
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

long live foam

The future of CCF will be hull restorations of all composite/fiberglass boats due to water absorbed/trapped foam.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic