NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SKI NAUTIQUE 2001 DECAL RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

3M makes a tape called The Edge that gives a very hard-edge line.

Tim,
How about a link to this tape. You have referred to "the edge" several times and I've never found it. I've always used 3M's "fine line".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 11:36pm
Well I dug out my envelope with the stencils and tape from when I redid my striping in 1992. I don't know why I thought I used 3M tape. "The Edge" is made by Finesse Pinstriping Inc.
Tim D
Scottie m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 10:19pm
Hi Tim,
Just wondering if I could get a full set of decals for my 85 2001
Mine have seen better days and I'm planning on sometime this summer doing the wet sand and buff
Please let me know if your willing?
Thanks
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2012 at 4:53pm
Scottie, what color do you need?
Tim D
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2012 at 6:09pm
Tim I never heard back from you regarding if you have or could make a set of decals for a 77 SN, in Blue. I need both sides and the transom. Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Scottie m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2012 at 10:37pm
Hi Tim,
Thanks for replying!! My 85 is the light gray with red shadow
Here is my e-mail and we can talk more ok
Scottiem247@yahoo.com
I can send you a pic to help match the color best.
Thanks a ton
Scottie
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 1:13am
Hatterbee, I have your style but I don't know how exact it is. I've never traced the '70's style. It's on my to do list.
Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 6:14pm
   BUMP...... for the Newbies     
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2012 at 11:04am
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is it possible to get a full hull set for an 87 2001 Barefoot Nautique? The boat is whte with blue side stripes, and i believe the decalls would have been white with a black drop shadow, but they were completely gone when I got the boat so I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'd actually like to get a set just like the ones that started this thread off, in white with that white drop shadow, and stern decals that says competition barefoot boat instead of competition ski boat, and the matching 2001 decals.

thanks.
sams 85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sams 85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 4:32am
tim can i get a set for an 85' 2001??- white with red shadows?
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:46am
Tim do you still make the decals, I have a 86 SN in need of side decals. Thanks, Wayne
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:55am
Does anybody know what to use to restore a faded out gel coat? Thanks, Wayne
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:23am
Tim, price on stenciling and price on decals for a eighty one tique. Decals would be in black
Scottie m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 3:05am
Welcome Wayne!!
Well it depends how bad it is?
You could get a way with just taking the decals off and buffing it...
Or if its like my 85 it needs to be wet sanded and buffed then waxed!!
I guess it depends on how much work you want to do?
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:14am
Thanks, ya it's bad. I stripped decals of 1 side last night and u can really see what it's supposed to look like then. Very faded. Has anyone used Poly Glow and how did it work? Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

Has anyone used Poly Glow and how did it work? Thanks

It doesn't!! Billy Mays sold it at one time!! Do some searching on wet sanding and buffing. There are plenty of good threads on the subject. Where are the pictures?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 9:11pm
'85-'87 white $150 including shipping
'85-'87 two color $225 including shipping.

I don't have the Ski Tique yet.
Tim D
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 9:26pm
Tim, 225 for the whole kit? Both sides and transom, white with black shadow. WS
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 11:45pm
Yes, whole set.
Tim D
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:19am
lets do it. waynesavini@hotmail.com. i have a paypal acct. thanks wayne

1986 Ski Nautique, 2001... White with black shadow.
Scottie m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:41am
Hi tim we talked a couple months ago about doing a full set for my 85 SN 2001..
I still want to do it!
Sorry I have been so flakey!
I got really busy skiing and bare footing...
And had to put new head gaskets on the 85...
I hope you are still willing to do it for me?
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 12:05am
Hi Tim, What do you need from me to move forward with the decals? Thanks, Wayne
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 1:35am
Tim,
My boat is a 88 BFN.
I'd actually like to get a set just like the ones that started this thread, in white with that white drop shadow, and stern decals that says competition barefoot boat instead of competition ski boat, and the matching 2001 decals. Mark C. requested the same set.

Also can you create the 2 barefeet for the transom? They look like the ball of the foot with the toes. (no heel or arch in the decal)

I can take a picture of mine on the boat if that helps. backn68@sbcglobal.net   Thx......Tom
Thanks.......Tom
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 12:57am
Tim,
I have a 1985 2001 which is grey with a burgundy stripe, I am looking for a complete set of decals. The previous owner replaced the decals with 87 decals, so I am not sure what was on it originally. Any suggestions? Boat is being wet sanded now and I am trying to bring the boat back to look as original as possible.
Thanks
Tom
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 1:18am
85-87 are the same style decals. 88-89 are the "checkered" fade style. What color or colors do you want?
Tim D
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 11:28am
I would like a complete set of white. On my previous post it should have said 1988 decals. I am having the boat wet sanded and waxed now, wanted to do it my self, but I my homeowners association is a PITA and boat will not fit in my garage. Also, what is the cost?
Thanks
skimady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 1:35am
hello Tim

I just bought a 1989 ski nautique that the previous owner had removed all the decals on the boat. I would like to see if you have a complete set for the boat.

Thanks
Randy
ski
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 9:57pm
I don't make the 88-89 decals. White Lake has contacted the original supplier and had some new ones made. Contact David at sales@whitelake.com
Tim D
skimady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 1:18pm
Tim:

Thanks alot contacted white lake and decals are in the mail.

Randy
ski
2001 Newbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001 Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2013 at 3:24pm
Tim,

I bought a 1982 Ski Nautique "2001" yesterday. It is tricolor on the Gelcoat being black on top layer followed by dark grey middle layer and light gray bottom layer. I would like to purchase the white transom lettering only which says:

Correct Craft
                     Competition Ski Boat

Are you still doing this and can I buy the Transom Lettering Only?

Thank You,

Marshall

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic