NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking fin problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracking fin problem
    Posted: August-21-2009 at 12:01pm
I have received two "old Style tracking fins from Correct Craft one it go on a 1991 Ski Nautique and one to go on a 1986 2001. Both are the same part number but the problem is that they will not fit properly on the boats. The base of the fin is too long and too thick also the holes do not match up to the ones on the original fins. I would guess that Correct Craft has possibly contracted a new vendor to make the fins now I am not for sure. Has any one else run into this recently ? I have tried to let Peggy Hardin in parts at the factory about the problem to pass the info along to the person that does purchasing for them.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 12:27pm
Did you loose a fin, bend a fin? I had a bent fin on my boat when I got it and a prop guy was able to straighten it for me. It was cheap and he did a good job.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 2:55pm
These are customer boats and they both ran aground. They want new fins. I found out today that Correct Craft is only going to keep parts for boats 10 years back from 2010.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 5:21pm
That is the closest fin that has been available new for quite some time now. Mill, fill, drill, and it's close enough for government purposes. Seriously, I thinned up the base a little with a belt sander, filled the front and back set of holes, lined up the center holes installed the center screws, then redrilled the outer holes and installed those screws, certainly more of a pia than finding a used replacement.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 6:04pm
10 years back from 2010? Wow. Now if CorrectParts is only going to do 89 and back, that leaves a 10 year gap. This needs to get filled.

Seems like a shortfall on Correct Craft or Nautiques part, whatever they call themselves these days....
Mike N

1968 Mustang

WLKONH2O View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLKONH2O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 1:31am
nautique Frk Send me a pic of the I have a few different ones instock and I will compare and see if I have a match. Also look to see if there is a casting number and send that to me too.

Thanks
Matt@racecitymarine.com
WLKONH2O <><
96 Ski Nautique
Race City Marine
Inboard Parts & Repair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic