NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re-produced Correct Craft Decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 15>
Author
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 1:02am
Bailey, BJ, The 82 SN did not have a dash emblem on it I dont think. Correct me if I am wrong.
83Ski
Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 11:35am
no you are tight...it came with the gold sticker instead... the thing is, i love the look of the 1980 SN. I am renovating the boat and want to mesh the two looks together. So instead of the gold sticker i want to go with the chrome logo. I am also painting my boat with the graphics of the 1980 SN. I have a white hull and i am going with the black tripes and SN logo. She will look just like BJ's Boat but black instead of Red. I know this might break from "tradition" in that im not restoring her to the exact Correct Craft Template but she will be gorgeous and one of a kind!...Im sure she wont mind...

BJ, thanks i will call you asap about the chrome logos.

dwcar, How can i contact you about the black airguide decals???

Thanks all, Bailey
~Bailey
Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 11:41am
BJ,

Almost forgot - KUDOS on your resto! Your boat looks fabulous!!! I dont have as much work to do on mine as you but i hope it looks as nice. Did you have to paint your hull? My gelcoat is so dull because we sanded it down after we saved her from a "jailhouse" dock. She was tied up for 3-4 years and was flooded! We were able to save and rebuild most of her in 2000, But her hull has never had a shine to it. I am trying to make a decision on wether to paint the hull and graphics or gelcoat then paint graphics, or some one even told me about applying many coats of automotive clear coat? What did you do or what are your suggestions?

Thanks!

~Bailey
~Bailey
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 1:19pm
Bailey,

You can email me at dwcar@yahoo.com

You might try some heavy duty rubbing compound and an electric buffer on that hull. It brought mine back to life. TRBenj has a post here on CCF on the steps and 3m products to use.
83Ski
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 7:46pm
Gelcoat Gelcoat Gelcoat
Where in Bama are you from?
hasbeenskier
Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2009 at 12:58pm
Im from Montgomery AL and still here. I am an artist and just got a full time job teaching. when i do have spare time i am tinkering with my boat or working on art commissions. I will shamelessly plug my website...www.barrettbailey.com

Ok you said Gelcoat 3 times...do you have any suggestions of sites that explain how to do that? no one around here seems to do it and i am at a loss.

THanks, Bailey
~Bailey
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 5:37pm
I heard a rumor that "The God Father" might have a bright shiny NEW chrome trailer sticker that was used possibly all the way back to the 1970's and maybe earlier on Correct Craft made trailers! I would think that many CCF members would need these! Let Pauly-Banana know if you have access to any of those stickers so that re-production can get started so that all CCF members restoring their trailers can have access to that cool sticker! Also, does anyone know anything about getting the black and white Ski Nautique trailer sticker used from 1985-1988?

Thanks!
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 2:38am

Is this the sticker you are talking about? This is on my '89 trailer.
chrispilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrispilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2009 at 7:22pm
Could I please buy two of the USA decals? My e-mail is chrispilot@yahoo.com and I can either send a check or PayPal. Thank you and I look forward to replacing the decals for my '80 Nautique. Chris
chris
Jtandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 6:44am
Do You still have these emblems need some for my southwind. thx Jon
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2009 at 11:23pm
Jon, I have the stickers in stock, but need a little help in contacting you and anyone else trying to purchase stickers for your Correct Craft boat!

Please leave your email and I will get right back to you! I normally check this post everyday!

Thanks-Pauly Banana
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 4:07pm
Paul,

I just sent you an email.

Thanks
Craig
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 1:23am
Do you have the checkerboard style that goes on a 93 trailer?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 11:48am
Marty, I have a vector file for those trailer decals. If you take it to a sign shop, they should be able to change them to any color you want and print them out for you. I bought one of the last remaining sets and Alan graciously scanned them in and recreated them for me! Shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Paul;

Not the best picture, but it should give you an idea of what the "1925-1975" decal looks like. It measures 6 7/8" in height (to the tip at the bottom), and 5 1/2" wide. It appears to have a depiction of a Southwind on it. Definately not a Ski Nautique. See picture below.    

Several years ago, I stopped by a Correct Craft dealer just outside of Milwauakee, and they had several of the "Since 1925" decals, so I picked one up that I have in my office. This "Since 1925" decal is a little smaller than the decal on my boat, although the design is basically the same. This decal has a depiction of a late 70's Ski Nautique on it. It measures 6 1/8" x 4 3/4".

Dave

Dave, could you get a brighter or clearer image for me? I really cannot even figure out the color that this is! Is Correct Craft in blue or what? I have some images off an Orlando Tribune from your era, but the Tribune only used three colors (gold, black and white) for their publication.

Paul

Help me so that I can help you!
Gonne929 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonne929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 1:07am
Paul,
When I bought the boat I had a friend make the 2001 decals for me. Unfortunatly he could only do them in white. It is time to replace them with the correct decals
I would be looking for a pair of the hull 2001 decals, USA, and the Correct Craft Since 1925 decals. Are they available?
My direct email is gonne929@aol.com.
Jeff
fishin_sucks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishin_sucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 10:57pm
Just wondering had a 2001 and it had a decal that said this boat runs on gas not thanks. loved that one! Do you replicate 1992 side decals bringing mine back this winter!
fishin_sucks
91 Ski Nautique
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by fishin_sucks fishin_sucks wrote:

Just wondering had a 2001 and it had a decal that said this boat runs on gas not thanks. loved that one! Do you replicate 1992 side decals bringing mine back this winter!

Ditto!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 2:57am
Hey guys I have a buddy that has been in the graphic business for 15 years. He has done replicas for my 1974skier for 400 bucks not bad for a original look with custom colors. Send me an email at cslaten33@msn.com and I'll put u intouch with him.
Thanks Clark Slaten
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:27am
Clark, what all has he done for your Skier? I'm looking to find the script name for my skier.
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:26am
Basically the same type that is on your boat. He has to change it a little bit do to copywrite laws. We did not check into it but Im sure that Nautique has there lettering copywrited. Shoot me an email at Cslaten33@msn.com and I will send you a few pictures of when we have done so far. Although we can not completed the scroll that wraps the back of the boat where it normally says competion ski boat.
Thanks Clark Slaten
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

Basically the same type that is on your boat.

The boat in Chris's profile is a '78 Ski Tique- not his 1st gen Skier (which wouldnt have had any decals). Your 2nd gen Skier would have originally had a different style than either boat, which is why he is asking to see it. To my knowledge, the Skiers never had the "Competition Ski Boat" on the back... Im curious how close yours are to the factory, which should have been like this for '74-75:

Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 4:00pm
I will upload pics. As soon as I can. But I have to tell you. Im onll 24 years old and have no clue of the first owner. I do know the s2nd owner. Although the first owner got the boat he took every sticker off of the boat and used to to fish out of. He used the engine cover to play cards on when he was trolling... I know very strange. I have tried to copy someother boats on this site. If you take a look at the midwest reunion picture 158 we have taken that design and make the "oragne"- "red" Yes Im a OU fan. I do not know if there was ever Comp. Ski boat accros the back.

Thanks Clark Slaten
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 12:42pm
I have an original 1925-1975 decal like pictured in this thread. I will scan it in so Pauly can re make it !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 10:29am
Thanks nautique frk!

Dave sent me a couple of worn out stickers to help get this going. I am also using a picture from the Orland Tribune. Production on the decal was started last week so scan yours as soon as possible for comparison purposes. I will post the new sticker once it is completed.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 7:57pm
Pauly, I will scan it in tonight and give you correct measurements on it.
Mike
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 1:16am
I am scanning in two license tags one trailer decal and the 1925-1975 decal shield that measures 5 1/2" wide and 7"long to the point at the bottom of the decal. One of the tags really should read "Nautiques by Correct Craft since 1961 not 1925 because the term Nautique wasintroduced before 1961 by Leo when he had the name Ski Nautique under his company Glass Craft boats and he sold the molds to Correct Craft in 1961. I have to scale down the file a bit and you will see them here. Mike
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 1:21am

Here is the 1925-1975 Decal 5/12" wide x 7"long (center to the point on the bottom
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 1:23am
Woops !!! Better resize again !! Sorry Guys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 10:26am
Mike, thanks for the image, it does show alot of detail. I could see from this that some changes will need to be made to the years numbering that we are currently working on. I will watch for your next image. I appreciate the help, it really makes a difference. It looks like you removed this one from your boat. Is that true?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 15>
  Share Topic