NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Tique platform
    Posted: April-08-2009 at 3:55pm
Im hoping that someone here who has an original factory platform installed on their Ski Tique can help me out. I am adding a platform to my '78 Ski Tique for the new owner before he takes delivery. I have found a company that can build me an original style teak platform for a very reasonable price- all I need to do is supply a drawing so they can recreate it.

I contacted JDiggs because he has what *appears* to be an original style platform on his '76 Ski Tique, and based on the detailed stringer drawings he's done, I knew he was more than capable of doing a nice job. He supplied me with this terrific file:

Out of curiousity, I compared it to the dimensions that Alan shared from his '81 Ski Nautique and to my surprise, the Tique platform was slightly larger in both directions! This surprised me as the Tique is a much shorter and narrower boat. Since Jeremy's boat is a '76 and the platform didnt come from the factory (it wasnt an option until '78) I thought it best to confirm the dimensions with someone who has an original unit. It sure looks the same to me- but I want to be sure!

JDiggs boat:

Original Ski Tique platforms (I think):

If anyone can confirm for me the length, rise angle and swing angle for the outer platform brackets as well, that would be a huge help. I will be ordering a set of Alloy Marine brackets to round out the package. Larry gave me some angles from memory that he would have used on his Tique (100 degree rise, 12 degree swing) but again, Id like to be sure before ordering!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2009 at 7:45pm
I just heard from Mark O'Grady and he offered to grab a few measurements off his '79 since it appears he has an original platform on it. I sent him this picture explaining which dims I could use to verify if JDigg's platform is original or not. If anyone else with a Tique could grab me the same dims, the more the merrier!

Still looking for angle measurements on the outer platform brackets as well. Thanks all!

79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2009 at 11:57pm
I've been working on my platform off my 79 sn.
1.48"
2.19 1/2
3.all same 4 3/4 x 1"
4. 53"
hope this helps. Monty
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 12:14am

There is a platform on my 77 mustang.I'm assuming it's aftermarket because the mustangs came with a ladder.I'll get the measurements if you need them.
Watch your fingers.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 12:47pm
Monty, do you have a Ski TIQUE or Ski NAUTIQUE? Im looking for measurements off of a Tique... but your measurements do confirm JDiggs's drawing- though we're still not sure if his platform would match the ones originally installed on the Tiques. I think you may have a Nautique, but your dims are different from Alan's '81 SN, which is strange... this is starting to get confusing!

Gary, you must mean your other '77? I couldnt find it in the diaries. I agree that it must be aftermarket or at least added later- I dont think platforms were an option until '78. Different hull too.

78SkiTique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 1:15pm
I think the platform on my '78 Ski Tique is original. I will take measurements and photos for you but I can't get to it until Friday. If the price is good I may be interested in ordering a new one too, if that is possible.

Skip
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 2:36pm
Skip, that would be great. Ive got a few pics of your platform and it sure looks like JDiggs as well.

Mark was able to take some measurements on his '79 and it was reasonably close to Jeremy's drawing. He has 5 slats instead of 6 though- I was able to find both types on Tiques by searching through the diaries... another inconsistency! By the looks of it though, Id say Id be close enough with the drawing I have- these all appear to be very similar if not the same. Ill wait for Skip's measurements to confirm and then order up next week.

Not all of these are original, obviously- but they appear to be the same style as JDiggs and look good on the 71-81 Skier/Mustang/Ski Tique hull. Getting close!

Skip, from what I can tell your platform seems to sit very level in the water- is that true? If it is, is there any chance you could get the bracket angles for me? Both rise and swing would be great!!!

I think that making these platforms available would benefit everyone. Once I get mine and fit it up, Ill be sure to share all the info!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 2:48pm
Tim, who did you find to build the paltform?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 7:01pm
Tim,
After looking at the first pictures you posted, the first thing I though was they all looked quite wide (your yellow dimension). I found a piture of my Tique just barely showing the platform (I must have deleted the good one!!) and it too is only a 5 slat and not the 6. I know from the PO that he did buy a OEM. Yup, inconsistencies!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tim,
After looking at the first pictures you posted, the first thing I though was they all looked quite wide (your yellow dimension). I found a piture of my Tique just barely showing the platform (I must have deleted the good one!!) and it too is only a 5 slat and not the 6. I know from the PO that he did buy a OEM. Yup, inconsistencies!!!

Funny thing Pete- Mark measured his 5 slat platform and it extended off the transom a half inch longer than JDigg's 6-slat (19.5" vs. 19")!!! It must be an optical illusion.

Im chalking it up to inconsistencies- both look good and Ive got all the dimensions I need for the 6 slat... so if Skip can confirm that my drawing is pretty accurate, Ill be placing the order next week.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 9:12pm
I'll have pictures and measurements for you by Friday afternoon.

Skip
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 11:00am

Tim,it is the mustang that I'm doing over.I just looked for a picture but I don't have one that shows the platform from the top.Pete had told me a while ago that the ladder on my other mustang was the original setup but this platform is going back on.We do a lot of swimming from the boat and the platform is handy.    Gary
Watch your fingers.

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 5:59pm
Tim, can you also give info on brackets used as well on this project.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 6:21pm
Tim: Here are some pictures and measurements of my platform. I can't figure out how to get the angle measurements on the brackets. Let me know if you need anything else.

Width of the paltform at the narrowest point before the curve of the corner (red) 47"

Depth of the platform at the center of the transom (yellow) 19 7/8"

Width of all the small blocks (purple) 4 1/4" on the ends, 5" in the middle. They are all the same outside 4 1/4", middle 5" there are six of them.

Width of the platform at transom staight across (blue) 52 1/2"

Hope this helps you.

Skip

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 6:42pm
Skip,
On the angles, do you have any of these or can you borrow one?

Combination square with protractor head                 :

Tool makers protractor:

Indicator ruler:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2009 at 9:08pm
Pete, Tim: I knew you would need the angles and have been thinking of ways to measure them. I will see if I can borrow something to get them to you. You guys have helped me so much it is the least I can do.

Skip
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2009 at 2:44am
Tim: Does your guy wanna make a few more and make a couple bucks? I plus a few others would be interested I bet.

Did you solve your muffler dilema?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2009 at 8:14pm
John, dont forget that the Ski Nautique and Ski Tique used different platforms- but if I were given a drawing similar to what I have for the Nautique Im sure they can build it.

I shot you an email back about the mufflers!

Skip, thanks for grabbing those dimensions. I was hoping that they would line up nicely with what Ive already got, but Im afraid they actually confuse me more! I may have to come down and take a look at your platform in person to get some more detailed measurements. With CC's inconsistencies, now Im a little nervous getting platform and bracket dimensions from 2 different sources- they might not line up when I go to install. Better to base everything off of one matching set up that I know works.

Any chance you have more pictures of the boat sitting in the water that shows the platform sitting level?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2009 at 10:20pm
Tim: Here is a shot from the back.   When the gas tank is full it sits a little lower. Also the seats and motor cover were out in this shot so it was sitting a little higher. Normally the platform is just barely above the water. I'm going to check my files and see if I have any other shots from the back in the water. You are welcome to come down and look at it any time. I am going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until friday.

Skip

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2009 at 11:18pm
Skip, thanks for the pic! The platform sure looks level to me- so I may have to take you up on that visit!
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2015 at 7:33pm
Considering this is a 6 year old post I'm thinking the interest may be pretty low.
If money can't buy happiness, explain beer and boats.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic