FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 23>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI
    Posted: March-28-2009 at 4:01am
The 4th Annual CorrectCraftFan.com Midwest Reunion
July 17-19, 2009 in Green Lake, WI.

Last year's event had a tremendous turnout with 40 boats and over 150 people. 2009 should be event bigger. Make your plans now to join us in Green Lake this summer.

Learn more and Register Now!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 1:07am
I am looking to go the the Green Lake Reunion this year for the first time. I am looking for a room for my family. Anyone have any good ideas where to stay or have a room that they don't need? Please let me know! Thanks.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 10:37am
Very nice job on the logo guy's looks great!!!

Who are the people in the boat? SWEET
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by skierbrant skierbrant wrote:

I am looking to go the the Green Lake Reunion this year for the first time. I am looking for a room for my family. Anyone have any good ideas where to stay or have a room that they don't need? Please let me know! Thanks.

Brant
Check out the other reunion post there are many suggestions for logging. I am also a newbie I am looking forward to my first CC reunion sounds like fun.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 2:40pm
Brant, There will be room for you and your family, maybe not real close but just make plans to come and enjoy.
We have booked a year in advance for a spot at the Hattie Sherwood Campground. This will be Mission Control for the event.
There are those too that have to have a room, Wife , Kids Or the Dog , and if this be the case they are available.
Look forward to meeting all the newbies that show up this year, so WELCOME in advance.............Boat dr/ Boat nurse
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2009 at 1:55am
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if my wife and oldest daughter will be coming but my younger daughter and myself will be coming. Camping will work but rooms are always nicer!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2009 at 4:49pm
Hi Brant,
Good, to hear you're going to come have some fun with us. The hotels in the area can be found by going to the GL CofC.

www.greenlakecc.com

Many of the hotels will be booked, but there are plenty of B&B's and cottages also in the area... Fear not, there will be a place to rest your head !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 4:07am
Can't wait to go! I'll be there & I'll be sure to bring some 'trinkets' along for the giveaways!
Manufacturer of the Super Deluxe Boom Mount!

www.tachyonmotorsports.com
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 8:36pm
18 boats registered already and 9 of them will be first timers. Green lake is going to be awesome this year. We've come a long way Keith and Dave, great job.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 9:35pm
Kudo's to the new "LOGO", that makes a statement. Gotta agree Alan " ya'll have come a long way baby"..........Billy/Karen
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 1:55am
Todd and Renee Weitekamp gave me some video they've recorded from the 2007 and 2008 Green lake reunions and I finally got a few minutes to edit and upload. Hope this gets you in the mood.

Adam wensink 2007

2007 Boat parade

the famous barefoot run through the grass

Chairman of the board

6 man pyramid behind the best of show

July is just around the corner gang, be there or be square.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 2:51pm
Brant

I rode behind your boat for years with the Zman. That 89 was the original wake machine!! It will be fun to see her again at GL.

See you then.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:55pm
Magic,
Great footage, lots of great memories.. The bar has been set a bit higher each year. Glad it has always come out to a memorable time for all.

I remember the efforts/hassles from the first year. What a great time. Please give yourself a huge pat on the back bud, because without your involvement, we wouldn't be where we are today... That goes for your lovely bride...

I hope Todd and Renee come back again as well as all the vetran reunioners. You're right, GL09' is really stacking up to be a great experience.

If anyone is on the fence, screw it and come out. This get together is guaranteed to be the best, most relaxing/fun weekend you could have with your family and beloved Correct craft/Nautique. There will be things to do for the skier, non skier, and kids alike..

We're not done yet too. More to come, so keep checking back for updates on additions to the weekend...

Come on lurkers... Come on Midwesterners... Time to register !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2009 at 1:16am
Alan & Todd

Glad to see those videos finally made it on here for all to see.

Count me in as a definite. Just waiting to see about the wife....on the fence as of now.

Rob
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2009 at 5:53pm
Make the most of your travels and add a third CCF gathering to the weekend. The Evanses, Dorsens and Arrighis are happy to announce a joint venture sure to please ALL participants.

Because...<drumroll>...the 2nd annual Thursday Night Early Arrival Cookout is ON!

Details are yet to be sorted, but our Limited Partnership guarantees we'll have great food, beer and most importantly, a bunch of CCF'ers enjoying the offerings.

Soooo...as you are making your travel plans, try to arrive no later than Thursday afternoon.

NOW SIGN UP!

-Steve
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2009 at 6:03pm
I guess I better get it in gear and buy those plane tickets. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2009 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Because...<drumroll>...the 2nd annual Thursday Night Early Arrival Cookout is ON!
Soooo...as you are making your travel plans, try to arrive no later than Thursday afternoon.

NOW SIGN UP!

-Steve

Be there or Be Square Daddy-O... Even with all heck breaking loose with the weather around us last years Thursday night gathering was for me the high point of an exceptional weekend.. so if you have the means I highly recommend getting in early...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 12:07am
Cathie and I will be there Thursday night for some great friends and eats.
Last years Thursday night dinner was our 1st meeting with the CCF crowd. Felt welcome and with knowing so many of you now, really looking forward to the gathering..
Thanks Steve....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 12:21am
Steve, that sounds great. Dave, Tom & I will be there.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 12:47am
Joe, you know what can happen if you get there first!!!

And I'll be waiting for the first BANG as well.

Just look again at the first photo for LG08. hehe
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 1:07am
I'll start a separate thread a little later on with details and the ability to RSVP. I just wanted to get the word out so folks can plan around the evening.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 5:09pm
Yo Steve do i get to come...or am i banned?
Ha....lol

What's up steve...can't wait!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Yo Steve do i get to come...or am i banned?

Paul,
If so, just think of all the disappointed wives we'll have without your charming personality around to entertain them!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 1:30pm
Have been contemplating a trip to the US taking in the CCfan GL reunion(it was on my bucket list). It will depend on a few things falling into place with work commitments.

The wife has always wanted to go to NY for Xmas. But I have managed to persuade her that it would be much better to do NY & Niagara in your summer.

Planning to hire a car or camper and drive from NY depending on the daily cost of the camper.

How long would it take to get from NY to GL taking a scenic tourist route? Would 3 days be long enough? Just after a route that would see a bit of countryside without taking to long.

After GL when we have a bit more time plan to go via Niagara and any other sights that may be worth seeing before getting back to NY to do the tourist bit.

I assume this time of year is your peak holiday season?
Are the prices of accommodation etc really excessive at this time?

Just starting to plan itinerary and need a bit of advice. This will be our third trip to US but the last one was over 15 years ago when we drove from California to Orlando. It was a great trip with lots of great memories.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2009 at 1:50pm
Wow Mark, you are planning a great trip and one you will remember for many years to come.
You could spend 3 days or 3 weeks traveling between NY and GL. There is plenty to see and enjoy in the Northeast and Midwest.
I think it would be best to define the days you want to spend and then pick the important places for the available days.
As for the Camper,
Cruise America is a great place to start. You will be looking at about $100 per day for the unit and then $20-$25 per night at the campgrounds. You can use KOA for reference for campgrounds. But there are many other local campgrounds that are as good or better. When you decide what city to spend the night, then search for campgrounds in the area.
As for Hotels instead of campgrounds, you can get specials in may chains with stays. Ex.. stay 2 days and get 3rd day free. You would want to check out places like Days Inn and Red Roof Inn or Holiday Inn just a examples. you are looking at $50+ per night for 2.

I have been fortunate enough to get to go to Australia twice for work. 1st time was for 3 months in Chatswood, just north of Sydney. Cathie and I loved it. We rented a car and went different places each weekend.

My AIM mail is listed in my Profile. Please contact me with any questions and I, and many others, will help anyway that I can with your possible trip.
Hope to see you in GL...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2009 at 1:19am
Thanks for your reply Roger will get in contact with you via email.
I was born at the North Sydney and my father worked in the Chatswood area for 25 years. Have since moved on I much prefer country lifestyle. But the northern suburbs of Sydney around the beaches is a beautiful place just to many people for me.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 3:15pm
Mark, and to all the other newly registered owners we've not really heard from,, it's great to see so many new people sign up for GL09'. Take a moment and get your boats in the diaries so we have a picture of your craft. Not only is it cool to see everyones boats (because we do love pics)but because they are actually made part of the boat show ballot that we use when voting for our favorites.

Mark, we'll be pulling for you to make it over from "down under". And for anyone else that needs any help with some unanswered questions about the area, lodging, gas, food, etc, please don't be shy in asking.

It's going to be a great time for you and your families...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 6:18pm
Additionally, Moj', the diary image is used to make the commemorative ID badges. In the past, if we didn't have an image, we used the "N" Nautique logo.

This year, we'll substitute another picture, like:

Ski-Cuda
The boat with a wooden tower
the Batman boat
Wild-Man (pre-62Wood)

or ...

Quinner.

Motivated now?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 6:50pm
Hell, Quinner isn't even signed up. Must be afraid of Ken??? Doh' hahaha.

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 7:31pm
He's not sure if he can make GL this year due to the date change. It's conflicting with the Pride Parade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 23>
  Share Topic