NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!
    Posted: March-19-2009 at 11:54pm
The unofficial Southwest CorrectCraftFan Reunion will take place June 11th-15th 2009! Location will be Lake Lewisville in Lewisville, Texas. Some specific details have alreay been posted on a previous thread, but more will follow shortly.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2009 at 12:50am
Lake Lewisville is located minutes north from Dallas/Fort Worth and is just off of I-35. It will be easily reached as there are many major highway arteries that will lead you there. There is an abundance of camping/RV locations as well as many restaurants, bars, and hotels. Local venues include Texas Ranger baseball, Six Flags, horse racing, and shopping for the land-lovers.
Lake Lewisville Party Cove will entertain us. There are two big restaurants, Sneaky Petes and "Charlies". The lake is fairly big. Maps of campgrounds and ramps are available.
Sneaky Pete's could easily host a days/nights worth and would seem like and ideal location(plenty of dock space, a pool, bar, sand court volleyball, restaurant, and a separate reception room w/ private access.                              
Public Marinas Name Location Phone Number
Eagle Point Lewisville 972-436-6561
Lakeview Lake Dallas 940-321-2675
Cottonwood Creek Little Elm 972-292-1100
Pier 121 Lewisville 972-625-2233
Camping reservations can again be made at www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2009 at 12:52am
That is 5 days!! Yee haaaa!!!!
83Ski
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2009 at 1:01am
"Bigger in Texas" right? I think that will give more people more opourtunity to attend as well as take in some of the local life. Buxton's said that they might do some sort of "Demo Day" as well. Maybe we can talk them into demoing that limited edition Beyerly boat! I would'nt doubt if that sucker wasn't under armed gaurd though. It's wicked!
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2009 at 3:51pm
Sweet I am in. I need to get a flyer to give out to other nautique owners that I see on the water!! Is anything going to be made up? It could be a PDF the we each could download and print to hand out?
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2009 at 4:18pm
Brad that would be great, I'm computer graphics challenged. Plaese send me a copy and I'll post it at a couple of marinas and stores in the area.
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2009 at 5:18pm
I will work on something. Might take me a day or two.
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2009 at 5:37pm
Ryan,
Let me know how can I help.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 2:05am
SN206,
I am delighted with your enthusiasm and effort to get this event going. I want to provide as much assistance as I can. I have reached out to an area CC dealer and they are interested in being a part of the event.

I'll email you so we figure out how to make this work and how I can help make this event a huge success.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 10:27pm
Kieth,

Thanks for the support. Buxtons did mention that they had spoken to you and that they were excited about the event coming. Any suggestions or ideas that you might have would be appreciated. I'm told that some people are coming from as far as Florida!

- Ryan
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 1:24am
I'm not 100% sure , but I'm checking on air fare right now. I've been talking with Keith and the Buxtons, hope I can make the trip. And yes I spoke with the wife also..hehe

Now come on everyone turn up the volume up!!!

I would like to see BIG numbers in attendance. You will have a great time , just ask anyone that's been to a gathering or just look at all the great photo's from the past.. And yes, now it's coming to Texas!!
The fan's make it happen now.

I'm going on a 3 week vacation with the wife to Loas on Monday and hope to see this get bigger when we get back.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 3:14am
I am only minutes away. I know that Buxton marine is great place. I had the honor to deal with Jim Buxton. I just bought some parts for my trailer but I tell you he treat me like I buy a boat from him every year. The are just a phenomenal team. Please let me know how can I help.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 11:03pm
Dave,

Hope you can make it. Think this could turn into a great time! Keep us posted.
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:10am
Hey guys - I am actually the one who started this idea a while back. It took a while to gain steam, but looks like it going to happen. Anyway, I work for a Sign Company and have graphics abilities. If it's not too late, I could work up a flyer and probably even a banner to hang at the meeting place. Any objections?
Kirk
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 12:48pm
Dave,Kman,

Keep us posted on places to stay etc. I might be able to make it down. I go through Dallas on business quite often. Glad to see Buxton on line. They were great to deal with when I bought my boat...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:33pm
Kirk,
    I can help posting distributing the flyers. Let me know how can I help.

Ryan,
    Did the Sneaky Petes people got back with you. I go to Sneaky Petes frequently. I can try get a hold of their manager.

I am excited we got some traction with these. Any veterans with experience if you can tell us what is needed let us.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:40pm
I will to see about accomodations. Maybe do a list of hotels close to the lake. Also, I know if you want something TX style there are two mega hotels close by, ~5 miles, that are the main attraction. Those are the Gaylord Texan and the kids favorite the Wolf Lodge. But I think for this activity you won't be spending on the hotel therefore it might not be such a good idea.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 8:41pm
Anthony,
I spoke to Sneaky Pete's and they are sending me some info today. I'll pass on what I find out.

Kirk,
Sounds like some fliers would really help spread the word. I'm in Houston for the next two weeks, but when I get back I could spread some out around Eagle Mt. and Lake Worth area.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 8:57pm
Anthony,

I emailed you the info I got from Sneaky Pete's.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2009 at 9:09pm
kman
what about a logo for a shirt that we can sell.
83Ski
k9spd403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k9spd403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2009 at 8:11pm
boy i wish there was a southeast reunion texas is a long drive
Ashley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 3:09am
Dang! Tons of support from TX, holla!

Is this the closest reunion to UT? Anybody know drive time?    

Ashley
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 3:42am
From Salt Lake, it's actually closer to go to the Greenlake, WI reunion. About 1200 miles to Greenlake, about 1400 to Lewisville, TX.

When I towed my boat from California to Greenlake last year, we spent the first night in Park City.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

clfewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clfewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 1:48pm
hey yall Im new to the CC scene does my boat have to be totaly restored before I can attened or can it come like it is looks great lake ready but has floor issues dont want to tear it apart till winter want to run new engine and trans this summer????
itsmenotu
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by clfewell clfewell wrote:

hey yall Im new to the CC scene does my boat have to be totaly restored before I can attened or can it come like it is looks great lake ready but has floor issues dont want to tear it apart till winter want to run new engine and trans this summer????

You bring what you got, the vast majority of the boats are not totally restored. No matter what you got it holds interest for this crew..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 3:56pm
Clinton,

I highly encourage you to bring it as is. Often there will be people there who have had the same project(s) as you, and may be able to save you tons of time and money with pointers or suggestions. You might even run into someone who does it for a living.

-Ryan
clfewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clfewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 4:04pm
cool Ill be there and let me know what I can Do we are staying in Benbrook with family while we finish our new house in Seven Points so Im around the metroplex all the time you can email me at clfewell2002@yahoo.com or cell 307-899-2266 give me a yell and Ill do what I can BTW how much water will my 21 martinique draw I want to get it out but Benbrook only has 3 foot at the ramp and ill launch my others but not this one yet Im worried about damaging the prop or rudder??
Thank you in advance
itsmenotu
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 10:04pm
Clinton,

If you are that concerned I would trailer to Eagle Mt. Lake or Lake Worth(Both on the north side)to run the boat. Eagle Mt. has a couple of lakeside bars to pull up to in the event you need some "coldies". However you can go to the following site and find all the lake levels in the area.http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2009 at 11:29pm
Stay away from Lake Worth! Stump central. Besides, the city said the lake is off limits to all vessels other than Kayaks or Canoes. Seriously!...
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 12:09am
Agreed....Eagle Mt. Lake will be your best bet. I've put in there when the Lake was way down and did alright. Nothing good has really come out of Lake Worth, including the toxicity level in some of the fish!

g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic