FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987
    Posted: February-02-2009 at 8:06pm
4/2/2019 Update: NO LONGER AVAILALBE. I'm leaving this post for history only. We do not have a resource for these side graphics.

-Keith

************************************************************************************************

Through a well respected icon in the industry, I was introduced to Al Thomas who, after working in the industry for decades, has meticulously recreated side graphic and stern decals for the follow Correct Craft models and years (Note: up until 1984 these side graphics were painted on originally):

1975 - 1979 Ski Tique

1974 - 1979 Ski Nautique -- without 1/8th pinstripe

1974 - 1979 Ski Nautique -- with 1/8th pinstripe

1982 - 1984 Ski Nautique (white decal to be applied over re-painted stripes)

1985 - 1987 Ski Nautique (no drop shadow)

1986 - 1987 Barefoot Nautique (no drop shadow)

Through CCF, we are now offering these graphics for purchase. The price is $550/graphic set plus shipping (with a percentage going towards support of CCF). They are available in virtually any color (including the original colors). Turnaround time is 3-4 business days from order to ship.

I will be adding these side graphics as products in the CCF store shortly. In the mean time, if you are interested please email me at Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com.

Below is a sample graphics package, how it would look when it arrived to you.

[IMG]uploads/BZC_IM000084.jpg">

[IMG]uploads/142_IM000085.jpg">

[IMG]uploads/1Z1_IM000083.jpg">

[IMG]uploads/642_IM000092.jpg">

[IMG]uploads/DZA_IM000093.jpg">

[IMG]uploads/IM000094.jpg">

I am very excited to be offering these side graphics through CCF. Making it easier to restore these boats back to their original glory is always the objective.

Thank you as always for your support of CorrectCraftFan.com.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 8:19pm
Wow, that is SO cool.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Roym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 9:11pm
I could use a set of them but $550.00 is a little steep.
JPirotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPirotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 12:24am
Too cool Keith. any pics of these on a boat. I would take the 82' does the stripes come with it? How do you keep the gas from ruining the decals when it comes our of the overflow in the back?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 12:25am
Keith,
     Your off on the years for painted graphics as they were painted (except for the pinstripes, and 2001 decal) up until at least 1984. So what exactly do you have available for the 82-84, all the stripes with the Ski Nautique cut out and in the stock tri color pattern? If so I got some serious wet sanding to do .. .
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 12:37am
Joe,
You are so right, my mistake. I am checking with Al on the 82-84. I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 4:07pm
Joe,
I have edited my original post to correct my mistake. According to Al, for the 1982-1984 Ski Nautique people typically repaint the stripes solid along the entire side of the boat and then apply a white decal over them. He assured me the paint does not show through the white decal.

I also updated the 85-87 Ski and Barefoot Nautiques listings to note that those graphic packages, unfortunately, do not include the drop shadow.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 4:30pm
What a great resource. Any plans on creating the 80-81 scheme in vinyl? jbear mentioned that is the direction he plans to go.

Waiting (and saving) on the 88-90 graphics...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 5:31pm
Wow! What a great addition to the site and excellent resource for those who want to restore their boats back to original condition.

Thanks Keith!
-Brad

PS- Are there any plans to continue development of the graphics to include the 'drop shadows' for the 85-87s?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What a great resource. Any plans on creating the 80-81 scheme in vinyl? jbear mentioned that is the direction he plans to go.

had the same question besides Allen all ready has the files created right?
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 10:23pm
Keith, Keep up all the great work. This is a huge contribution to all of us Correct Craft Fans !! I hope you or someone else keeps reproducing hard to find items to help keep many of our boats as original as possible.
Thank You,
Nautique Frk   Mike Thrower
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 12:23am
I am super hot for a set...$550 sounds like a bargin. Are '80-'81 graphics coming. It is the coolest looking graphic anyhow.

Thanks for remembering HW..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 9:28am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

had the same question besides Allen all ready has the files created right?

The graphics I put together for the 80-81 don't include the stripes. I had them ready but decided to paint instead. Hopefully Al can put that together for others, seems there's quite a few restoring those years right now. $550 for a full set is cheap considering the time that goes into setting it up for cutting.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 12:31pm
wonder if the 75-79 SN lettering is the same height and style as the 80-81 looks pretty close to me?, then all you would have to do is the stripes.

Paint the main stripe (wedge shape) to match the color and then apply white vinyl lettering and stripes over that. Creating the stripes wouldn't be that hard couple measurements maybe.

Put seriously Pete hasn't said a word? surely he hasn't over looked the thread?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 1:02pm

wonder if the 75-79 SN lettering is the same height and style as the 80-81 looks pretty close to me?

Seriously? Come on Chris, theyre not even close. 80-81 graphics are all capital letters!

The lettering on Pete's Tique has been redone in vinyl.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 1:41pm
oops guess it was just the style of letter and didn't really look at caps or not and height, but still if font is the same it shouldn't be hard
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I also updated the 85-87 Ski and Barefoot Nautiques listings to note that those graphic packages, unfortunately, do not include the drop shadow.

-Keith

This is a bummer. Is there a reason this can't be done?

Also the thread is "Side graphics"...however in the example it clearly shows transom graphics as well. So for instance on an 85' would a package include the side "Ski Nautique", "2001", and the "Correct Craft Competition Ski Boat"?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 2:28pm
...I see Barracuda beat me to that question about the drop shadows.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The lettering on Pete's Tique has been redone in vinyl.

Yes, The PO had them made in vinyl by a guy who did mostly truck trailers. Regrettably he went under before the PO could get the file from him. I must say for not being original (not paint) that it does look very good. Probably because of the added black border mimicking the shadow effect.

Since Al has gone to the extent of developing these graphic files, he certainly can cut a Gerber mask with the same for those who want to go with the original paint.

BTW, when the time comes for me to have to restore the graphics on my Tique, I will do it in paint!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2009 at 5:02pm
Keith, is it going to be possible to just order transom lettering for the back of the 85 to 87? What would be the cost? I also know of a 1982 Nautique owner who has no lettering on his transom!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2009 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Also the thread is "Side graphics"...however in the example it clearly shows transom graphics as well. So for instance on an 85' would a package include the side "Ski Nautique", "2001", and the "Correct Craft Competition Ski Boat"?

The $550 is for a complete set of graphics (including the stern graphics and the '2001' for those years). For the 85-87 there is no drop shadow. I'm working with Al to see about adding the shadow.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2009 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

Keith, is it going to be possible to just order transom lettering for the back of the 85 to 87? What would be the cost? I also know of a 1982 Nautique owner who has no lettering on his transom!

I am checking with Al and will get back to everyone on this.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Joe C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 1:40am
I have his decals on my 76 Great product good looking easy to install and good price for all you get.
76 ski nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

The $550 is for a complete set of graphics (including the stern graphics and the '2001' for those years). For the 85-87 there is no drop shadow. I'm working with Al to see about adding the shadow.
-Keith

Are you also working with him on the '80-'81 graphics?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 3:09am
OK, so I might be slightly biased because I have an '88 Ski Nautique that needs new decals and I know for a fact decals are no longer available, at least from the factory for that year (or 89 or 90). Yes, there are a few dealerships around the country that have them, but the price they want for a set is enough to make me nauseous.

I suspect the up front investment in getting them designed is probably steep, but I would have to believe that whomever is willing to take the plunge up front to get them done right could make a killing selling them to others in need (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). So, please, add these years to the lineup!! There is demand out there!!!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 12:06pm
I foresee buying a set for our '89 in the future, although I don't need them yet.

Keith, can you ask Al what the development cost will be for these (88-90) years? Then we can figure out what lot size we need to cover that tooling cost.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 7:28pm
I've been waiting on a full set of 88s to become available (all white ink), and Johnny's 88 BFN needs transom decals.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I foresee buying a set for our '89 in the future, although I don't need them yet.

Keith, can you ask Al what the development cost will be for these (88-90) years? Then we can figure out what lot size we need to cover that tooling cost.

theres no tooling envolved.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 2:27pm
This is where we left off on the 88-90 graphics.

Al, incase you weren't aware this is how the originals were made.

Originally posted by buddym buddym wrote:

Now the original decals were screen printed. For those that dont know, a screen has to be built to size for each color. Then NAZDAR UV inks are spread across clear decals to make the final product. The screens can not be used for anything else and are typically stored for one year or so in case there is a reorder. Our screen printer has several thousand masters stored in a separate warehouse In this case, the price for the screens alone is north of $1,000.

Please show this to you sign guy. He sounds like someone that I would like to know. Ask him to check with his screen printer and see what he would charge, including markup, as a screen fee.

Swiper had his graphics remade and they look like they came out pretty nice and at a "cheap" price. He didn't provide details on how they were done, you'd have to contact Ryan at www.vinylgraphics.net

Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 6:58pm
Can he do the decals below the windshield? Need them in Olympic Blue for an 87 2001.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic