Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Jeff57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987
    Posted: November-15-2020 at 10:21am
Al are you still doing the vinyl ‘70’s SN graphics?
ironcity66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironcity66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 12:45pm
Garzon Studios has those decals Good quality
ironcity66
nitro scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitro scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 1:14am
The side of my 73 Ski Nautique has a hand painted graphic with a trademark on it. I thought they hand painted the graphic in those days, so I didn't want to sand it off. I want to paint the boat but I was thinking it would lose value. Does anyone know if the graphics were hand painted in 73?
1973 Ski Nautique Tow boat
Waketurb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Waketurb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2018 at 6:12pm
Are these still available? Still the same price?
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2018 at 4:58pm
FYI   Al Thomas is still out there. Had to have both Hips replaced. He is now back up and running. Feel free to call him.   904-813-5597
woodyelc
robdubbleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2018 at 4:55pm
Reviving this thread 6 years later, I'm hoping to get a stencil for my 1976 SN. Most likely going to have the boat re-gelled and then the graphics painted on.

Fingers crossed you're still out there, Al.

**EDIT** Admins, think we could get this moved to the General Discussion forum for greater visibility?
1976 Ski Nautique (PCM 351) - Currently under major renovation: floor, carpet, interior, gel coat, engine overhaul - ALMOST DONE!
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 8:49am
Al, are you out there? I am going to work on my graphics over the winter and wanted to know if your stencil is still available?
jimrogers74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimrogers74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 5:02pm
how do I start inquiring on some of these graphics?
is there any method to get just the accurate digital data for these?
I have a close friend who makes vinyl wraps for pickups and we would like to do some experimenting w/ the colors and pinstripes.
Thanks for help!
jimrogers74
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

Al, thanks for making the stencil set available!

No problem, i am working on the Rainbow set of vinyl decals. I havn't seen many of those, but they are a cool looking original set. Tx
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 9:20am
Al, thanks for making the stencil set available!
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by mmfarmer1 mmfarmer1 wrote:

I am interested in a complete set of graphics for my 1976 Ski Nautique. I know I saw a repost in reference to a reduction in price for the sets? Please let me know how I am able to aquire a set and what the current prices are. Thanks

Mike
mfarmerx2@yahoo.com

Mike, i am pretty sure i already talked to you but wanted to refresh our conversation.
I have for sale 2 choices:

A stencil set for the 70's series boats so you can "PAINT" original grafix on hull. This stencil set cuts your labor hours considerably if you decide to paint.

I also have these sets in vinyl decals, any color, original measurements, not picture generated, exact as from Correct Craft.

I have both sets with or without 1/8 pinstripe, all letters, all stripes complete.
Thanks, Al    1-904-813-5597 cell
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 9:22am
Mike your 76 has painted graphics using Rustoleum paint. I am going to redo mine with paint, it will be a Chore to do but will last a long time once done. There are lots of threads about it here, good luck.
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 5:29pm
I am interested in a complete set of graphics for my 1976 Ski Nautique. I know I saw a repost in reference to a reduction in price for the sets? Please let me know how I am able to aquire a set and what the current prices are. Thanks

Mike
mfarmerx2@yahoo.com
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 12:12am
Does anyone have pictures of these decals on a 78 nautique? Do they cover the painted strips without any old paint showing?

Thanks
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 6:01pm
Chetti, We have the complete set available for $370.00 plus S&H.
Chetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2011 at 11:15pm
I'm doing a total restoration on a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001. The decal for this year consists of small squares, I found the side Ski Nautique decal from Nautiqueparts.com but he didn't have the "2001" in stock. I am interested in that decal as well at the "Correct Craft Competition Ski Boat" decal for the back of the boat. If need be, I will purchase the entire set. Can you help?
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Regarding the decals, It certainly sounds like having the digital artwork is more then half the battle, perhaps these graphic packages should be made available/listed in either scenario whenever possible, "Vinyl Decals" or "Gerber (Paint) Mask", leaves the choice where it should then be, in the owners hands.

Yea, that seems like the best idea. I have a complete set cut for my 79 SNK with 1/8th pinstripe at the vinyl shop right now. I stopped them before they weeded them out for vinyl graphics for my boat. I wanted to see if it was possible to simply weed out the reverse which would make them a stencil. But i'm sure you have already read Tim's post.
I am moving forward with offering them in vinyl form and already have sold some. I have been selling these for over 10 years and they work out great.
I was asked by Keith to offer these on this site, but i didn't realize that it would offend the purists ( only a few ). The guys i can help are calling me, the purists can do their boat any way they want. My 79 SNK is a good sound boat that my kids can drop in and use. And it will look great with vinyl graphics. I like every CC i see out on the water.   Thanks
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Welcome back Al, wrapped one of those up myself back in July, only took 5.9 years, WTF, happy to have that (and her) behind me!

Thanks, it is something you will never understand unless you are in the club, we have the t-shirt now don't we. Thanks i appreciate it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

As far as the bickering goes, have you ever been to a family reunion? Think of it the same way. This site has spawned countless personal get togethers between members, I know Ive made many great personal friends here. Thus, its not uncommon for formalities to be tossed by the wayside... which is not always a bad thing.

Yea Timmy's like my Brotha from Another Motha and Hollywood is like my Cousin Eddie

Welcome back Al, wrapped one of those up myself back in July, only took 5.9 years, WTF, happy to have that (and her) behind me!

Regarding the decals, It certainly sounds like having the digital artwork is more then half the battle, perhaps these graphic packages should be made available/listed in either scenario whenever possible, "Vinyl Decals" or "Gerber (Paint) Mask", leaves the choice where it should then be, in the owners hands.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Mike888 Mike888 wrote:

The obvious vehemence by some members toward anything but the purist approach is disheartening. I joined this site in the hopes of finding people of similar taste and culture. In some I see that, in others just public petty bickering.

As far as the purist approach goes, I figure if you dont find someone here who voices a "keep it original" opinion, youre not going to find one anywhere. No one cares more for these boats that we do- and many feel that theyre the best in their original form. You'll notice that the longer someone has been around these boats, the more likely they are to appreciate originality vs. individuality... we've seen it over and over. Its not an opinion that should be easily dismissed- but of course its your boat so youre welcome do to whatever you want!

As far as the bickering goes, have you ever been to a family reunion? Think of it the same way. This site has spawned countless personal get togethers between members, I know Ive made many great personal friends here. Thus, its not uncommon for formalities to be tossed by the wayside... which is not always a bad thing.
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 11:26am
Good morning all. I have been reading the response posts to my humble inquiry as to the availability of graphics for our style of vessels. Over the few weeks I have been doing this I have observed some rather disturbing trends. The obvious vehemence by some members toward anything but the purist approach is disheartening. I joined this site in the hopes of finding people of similar taste and culture. In some I see that, in others just public petty bickering.
My intention was never to spawn this style of dialog, but to find a resource for restoring my boat. This project of mine has been going on both in my mind and in reality for quite some time. Back when Southeast Correct Craft was still in Pine Castle, I was talking with Woody about these graphics for my boat. His knowledge of these vessels is extensive. The factory does not support these graphics. Some one in an earlier post mentioned the asian painters. He is exactly correct. These folks painted these graphics almost by free hand.
Having said all of this, I wish to thank the people who have responded with positive feedback on this subject. I have new insite of what can be done with the new resources herein discussed. Thanks. Pull Hard Y'all
Michael
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by doubleup doubleup wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Yes, The PO had them made in vinyl by a guy who did mostly truck trailers. Regrettably he went under before the PO could get the file from him. I must say for not being original (not paint) that it does look very good.

No comment

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought that up!

80tique, have you checked the reference section? Alan supplied the file that he used to repaint the graphics on his '81, which is available to download. You may need to mask the stripes yourself with tape.
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by 80tiquefan 80tiquefan wrote:

Al, Have you made any decals & stripes yet for the 1980 Ski Nautique? I'm in the market for a set.   

Not at this time, ( original ) but if i get a big enough need.... i will try. I had a 80 SNK way back when, blue, what a good looking boat. Alot of memories. Thanks for your interest.   
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 3:46am
[QUOTE=8122pbrainard]

Yes, The PO had them made in vinyl by a guy who did mostly truck trailers. Regrettably he went under before the PO could get the file from him. I must say for not being original (not paint) that it does look very good.

No comment
80tiquefan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80tiquefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:40am
Al, Have you made any decals & stripes yet for the 1980 Ski Nautique? I'm in the market for a set.   
Jason Murray

1980SkiNautique
1993 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Mike888 Mike888 wrote:

I would love to paint the graphics per the purity of the restoration if some one can offer an appropriate template.

I would imagine that if someone can cut the graphics out of vinyl, it wouldnt be any harder for them to cut out the inverse for a template to paint. Might be worth asking the question.
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:22am
Hi guys, mike888 here. I have been searching for some way to restore the graphics on my restoration project. I found al thomas through ccf.com. In my zeal to express my joy at finding some sort of answer, I have appeared to some members to be advertising for someone, or something. Please note that this is NOT the case. I found one possible solution to a problem that I have been researching on ccf.com rather publicly. I would love to paint the graphics per the purity of the restoration if some one can offer an appropriate template. Otherwise I will use whatever is currently available.
To anyone I may have offended, my sincere apology. pull hard y'all.
Michael
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2011 at 2:09am
Also wanted to let you know i have the decals under windshiels on late 80's boats on the deck. Also there has been questions of damage do to gas from the fuel vent. Decals are the best quality and are not damaged if wiped off soon. I fixed this problem by re-configuring the fuel vent hose to stop fuel from continually coming out, easily done, can explain. No drop shadow at this time, but am working on it. I assure you the decals look perfect even without the shadow. I have done plenty over the years, no complaints. IMHO Al
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2011 at 1:46am
Hi guys, this is Al Thomas, i am the one Keith mentioned about the 70's and 80's style hull decals. I fell off the planet after a bad divorce, and i am back. Don't know if someone else has reproduced these decals, but wanted to let Keith know i am available. I have the exact replacement hull decals in full sets. I am renegotiating prices, tough economy, will answer questions. Can send photos of done boats, i have been doing restorations for over 15 years. Mine are not photo generated, they were traced to exact size on tracing paper then digitized at my expense over 15 years. I was a Nautique Dealer. When you take your letters off there is a ghosting effect, that is why you need exact sizing or you will see the difference plain as day. Unless you comepletely re-gelcoat your boat. Keith, would love to hear from you. Thanks.
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2011 at 10:40am
Hi Keith. Michael Giddings here, I would really like to talk with you about your graphics for the 1975 Ski Nautique. I am refurbishing mine and have no other source for the graphics that I can find. I am really excited to have found yours. My original graphics were painted on and were burgundy in color. Please e-mail me a way to contact you at mgiddings1@cfl.rr.com Or possibly contact me through CorrectCraftfan.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerly, Michael Giddings.
Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic