NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tie Down strap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tie Down strap
    Posted: December-29-2008 at 7:25pm

Just thought I would pass along this information. I thought it was time to stop the nonsense of boat moving while traveling.

I finally think I found a correct size strap so you can use 1 strap instead of 2 or 3 to get the job done. ATV style ones do no meet weight requirements, after talking to these guys for a bit. You can get custom lengths and fleece strap protectors for gelcoat if you desire. I have 12' 4" from point to point on my trailer. I assume lengths may vary depending on the boat as well.

Since they are the manufacturer their catalog states when you call the 800 someone knowledgeable,helpful and speak plain clear english. which is nice. I hate trying to speak indian, arabic or spanglish when something go haywire.

www.macscustomtiedowns.com

This is the one i got recommened

121116 Ratchet Strap w/ Flat Snap Hooks (2" x 16 Foot)
Black (K) $32.95

1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2008 at 9:01pm
That is a good site and good prices.

My concern is disfiguring the rubrail, and the hook being small enough to not contact the hull. I believe Pete has some sort of angle blocks to keep the pressure on the deck and side of the boat and off the rubrail itself.
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 1:25am
The guys at Mac's are great! Colin is the owner and a good friend of mine. He is also "boat friendly" owning an older Century. Here are some pictures of the set up we did on my 1959 Playmaster with the fleece covers to protect the boat and trailer. This picture was the week before I had the custom trailer powder coated. My Tollycraft is in the background at his shop. We make the 7 hour drive to Idaho every year for a ACBS show in Sandpoint.

59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 12:35pm
Nice boat, nice trailer, nice truck -- better yet, nice day!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 1:32pm

Great boat.I like the trailer fenders.
Watch your fingers.

FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 9:36pm
Thank you. The trailer looks much better after some paint and powder coat.

59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 11:25am
Redefinition of trailer queens!

Awesome rig too!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2009 at 12:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic