NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 1:44am
Unless it comes with dual 409's I am putting my money on Reid as well.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 5:11am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

<<< I am gonna put my money on The Reid Man>>>

Can we place a bet on this event online somewhere...??
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:23am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

If these boxes are needed to get decent performance out of a 6.0, will Correct Craft offer them as an option?

the boxes are all ready on the motor from the factory, I'm guessing that it is a tweeked version of the stock black box ECU/computer that controls all of the engine's functions, rpm, timing, idle air control, all sensors and so fourth and I doubt What Dave has will be availible for any engine but the CCF boat.

I'm pretty sure this mod is how the excal 330 was bumped to 345 and the Zr6 was bumped from 375 to 390 last year on production boats.So...is it possible with the same factors involved Dave could be swapping the ECM out and showing 420+ hp. More than likely.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:29am
Mike, easily and a little more I would imagine.

But what if Dave brings a boat and is not refering to the ECU but a completely Black Prototype BOAT with some crazy motor in it?

Unless Reid has Modified the Blue mustang he ran at GL two years ago, I'm going with the winning boat and it won't be blue.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:36am
Thank you Mike,

So you motorheads out there think about it, for maybe a second and say mmmmmm!!!!!

Work Smarter not Harder.

I'm not worried about this SUPER PROP..

Reidp, if you are the big man here when you fall it's gonna hurt.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:46am
Reading all the comments here it's gonna be a hell of a drag race on Lake George...!
Man... I sure hope you guys get the whole thing on tape! Cause I wanna see that (and my guess is all the others on here that won't be able to attend too)!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 11:58am
Same as Kristof, better someone record this for the rest of us!!!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 1:39pm
Don't worry guy's we will have plenty of footage at a great price on (HBO PAY PREVIEW).

And all the money I win from Reidp will go to the next year's event!!

WOW, I feel like Don King.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 2:04pm

Mike, easily and a little more I would imagine.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same,but was trying to be conservative     .I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 430hp.Does that thing have some kind of closed fuel loop(ie. o2 sensor)?If it does you should be able to keep it at a perfect stochiometric(sp?) ratio all day without getting any gas on your hands.Gonna be hard to beat.You're best defense will be to pull some strings with airport security and make sure Dave can't get that box on the plane in Orlando!! I'm sure Reid won't bring a knife to a gun fight,his name sure would look good on the pink slip for the 409 ..... It's spelled P-I-N-K-H-A-M , in case your secretary wasn't sure ,Dave

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 2:08pm
I believe it does have a O2 sensor so should be interesting.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I'm pretty sure this mod is how the excal 330 was bumped to 345 and the Zr6 was bumped from 375 to 390 last year on production boats.So...is it possible with the same factors involved Dave could be swapping the ECM out and showing 420+ hp. More than likely.

Mike

Mike,

I called PCM when the Excal 343 was first introduced, hoping perhaps mine could be modified to the new 343hp rating. No such luck, don't remember the exact reason but in the case of the Excalibur the mods were beyond programming, or so I was told.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Mike

Mike,

I called PCM when the Excal 343 was first introduced, hoping perhaps mine could be modified to the new 343hp rating. No such luck, don't remember the exact reason but in the case of the Excalibur the mods were beyond programming, or so I was told.

i'm sure they changed the injectors and metering/throttle plate as well as ECU changes. You could call and ask what the actuall part numbers where for each motor and compare but I'm betting there isn't a whole lot of changes but it is possible it was done with the cam only.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Mike

Mike,

i'm sure they changed the injectors and metering/throttle plate as well as ECU changes. You could call and ask what the actuall part numbers where for each motor and compare but I'm betting there isn't a whole lot of changes but it is possible it was done with the cam only.

I think youre right- I remember reading that the chance consisted of a reprogrammed ECU and a larger throttle body. I doubt that the upgrade would be cost effective for only 13 extra hp.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Joe,Getting Eric to tool up for a 2 blade 19" and a 21" was the trick. Reid ain't the one with the stroke at Johnson Propeller.I have had a dealer number there for several years.
Once again it is who you know, that makes things happen.If you wonder why I push OJ and knock Acme this is the reason.Acme seems to to think that they are doing me a favor by selling me props of answering questions.
Eric and Sue have always jumped thru hoops for my customers,fast turn around on repairs and special orders they do with ease, the impossible takes a little longer....................Boat dr

And they continue to impress, I dont know anyone (except my camping neighbor the good Dr, but I didnt drop his name here) and I got a call from Sue today saying my custom one off prop was leaving today and that I should try it and let them know how it does, asked them if they wanted me to pay them for and Sue said not to worry about it at this point just let them know how it does...

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I doubt that the upgrade would be cost effective for only 13 extra hp.

Tim explain to me this "cost effective" concept seems I have heard it before never quite understood what people were talking about though...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Tim explain to me this "cost effective" concept seems I have heard it before never quite understood what people were talking about though...

And to me! Good 1 Joe!!!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 6:17pm

Cost effective should be replace with "price to get in the game"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 6:24pm
Joe that was not a slam on you , and in no way was to undermine your stroke with Eric.
If you took it that way my humble apology to you.I for one thought you could see thru those smoke and mirror diversions.
My stroke with Sue is that she has memorized my Visa number, and I never get off as light as YOU.......A call to their # always cost's.............Boat dr
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 6:32pm
No worries Billy its all fun and games around this thread and thats how I took it, just thought I would take the time to plug OJ over the Exceptional Service.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 6:41pm
Joe, I too feel the same way about Reic and Sue. They have always gone the "EXTRA" for me and my customers. But it seems that Acme gets all the BLING.Not to bash them but never have felt other than a number to them. Whereas OJ cares and will go the distance for customer satifaction..........Boat dr
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 6:50pm

IMHO, Tim isn't the right kinda guy to talk about cost effective He is more like the kinda guy that will pay the extra dollar to squeeze that extra one HP out of his engine...
(And let us profit from his knowledge, but don't tell anyone... ssshhht.)

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2008 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

IMHO, Tim isn't the right kinda guy to talk about cost effective He is more like the kinda guy that will pay the extra dollar to squeeze that extra one HP out of his engine...
(And let us profit from his knowledge, but don't tell anyone... ssshhht.)

Tim spends too much time on websites looking for advice, instead of actually knowing what to get at the parts store to make it go fast, we'll make it go faster change the rev limit...... well that just doesn't work on a boat or car once your past the power band, but oh well each their own free country here do what you want.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:11am
See if anyone wants to race this guy.

Heck, he doesn't even have any pistons. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxK2ub-qCs
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 11:21am

Tim spends too much time on websites looking for advice

Id rather spend too much time looking for advice to improve the boat I own, than to spend too much time spouting off on websites about the boat I used to own.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 11:35am

Tim spends too much time on websites looking for advice

Id rather spend too much time looking for advice to improve the boat I own, than to spend too much time spouting off on websites about the boat I used to own.

I don't spout out about it, Doc and You bring it up not me I don't talk about it, hell I didn't want to deal with the foam and stringers that needed replaced that was one of the main reasons I sold it.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:30pm
I am expecting DVD quality video of this race. Multiple angles and such.

Where on LG are you guys planning on running thee races? You may want to get up at the crack of dawn to find smooth water on that lake.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:37pm
and also why hasn't anyone brought up a python motor? would that beat the 409? is anyone bringing one to lg?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:46pm
Timmy, You seem to read between the lines real well too.Hope you have thick skin or have your fire suit close.
I am still waiting on the requested picture of Chris in his suit and tie. The mental pic of that was TOOOOO FUNNY.
I also see his spelling has not gotten any better, is there a Rosetta Stone for spelling?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<INCOMING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 12:55pm
yea you clowns are a riot, spelling who needs spelling it's not important here you get the just of it anyway, if Spell check was here it would be great but I don't use and Mac anymore so you'll have to live with it, hell be thankfull It's not my hand writing.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2008 at 1:07pm

yea you clowns are a riot, spelling who needs spelling it's not important here you get the just of it anyway, if Spell check was here it would be great but I don't use and Mac anymore so you'll have to live with it, hell be thankfull It's not my hand writing.

The above scares me,Chris,your working for our National Security and several patents as to the Medical Field are all products of your expertise,But you can't spell "THANKFUL"
Thank God my security is dependent on Smith and Wesson, and I have a good friend that is a Veterinarian,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic