NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Nautique decals for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 6:28pm
Now we're getting somewhere.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 6:58pm
Tim,
OK, makes total sense, and yes I was confused by the need to "Match" color... Thanks for the clarification...

There is one word of caution when using aftermarket decals, or it used to be with UV inks anyways, that the ink itself should not be the leading edge of the graphic. Meaning it should not be die cut into when making the letters. The vinyl itself should be the outside boarder of the graphic.

The ink's cured energy will, through time, curl the edge of even the toughest 3M adhesives as they age in the UV rays..

I was never a fan of Nazdar products. It's the "Bayliner" of inks... Coates Screen or Sericol brands are better in my opinion...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 8:35pm
OK, I'll try to answer each topic that's been raised. The graphic here shows the two different patterns. the one on the right is the one that we did.

The reason is simple - the cost of building the screens for one customer is prohibitive. The figures that I used came from my screen printer who has been in business since 1968. Also, I guess that I woould have to disagree about Nazdar. Too many heavy hitters in my business use and recommend them. Their tech support is outstanding.

With the screens, the issue of matching the hull goes away. Gray and white are printed on clear - the hull shows thru and you're done. But your pockets are much lighter.

With the digital print, it's necessary to print on white vinyl because it acts as a blocker to keep the hull from impacting the final color. In this case, red printed on white vinyl becomes part of tbe interior of the graphic but the red in the Z at the outside of each letter is hull showing thru.
Once the design is complete, there's no further set-up or screen charge needed.
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 8:50pm
I forgot to add - Mojo comments that the screen charges should be amortised. I mentioned that very thing in an earlier post. Screen charges are a necessary evil for screenprinting, which is why the customer and I opted to digitally print the decals.

Can't say that I had a business plan or even an idea to offer these until well into the process. Then again, I wouldn't spend $1200 to dive off a cliff without judging the interest level first.

In short - if there's enough interest, I'll be glad to spread the cost of the screens. I'd guess that it would be worthwhile if I had orders for at least 5 sets. However, Keith and I still have to work out the details - but that shouldn't take long.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 11:40pm
Buddy,
Good description and explaination of the two different processes. How many screens is your printer talking about? Three total? (1 each for the two sides and 1 for the transom)?

I can see you probably would be OK to store the screen as long as these are one color jobs. Registration issues don't come into effect.

$1200 for the set up also has his margins in there I'd say between 20-30%. To me, this still sounds high. But what do I know.. I've been out of it for a few years..

As for inks, just a personal observation...

I hope you find enough interest to make it work. We all take pride in these old boats. Keeping them looking sharp (for the right price mind you) Ha, is important..

Best of Luck to you..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 1:44pm
Part of me keeps thinking it would be cheaper in the long run if the color was screened on clear vinyl. It wouldn't matter what color the boat is, the letter is, or the shadow and therefore could be used for 88-90 boats.

It looks like all the 88s only used 1 color, white before all hell broke loose with the black and gray.

Clapped out 88 Ski

Fresh 88 Barefoot
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 1:50pm
Yep Kevin, That's all that's involved. White over clear. If done on quality 3m vinyl, and die cut right, the decals will outlast your owning that boat... Just depends on how much you want to spend $$$

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 2:40pm
So me raiding the CC factory for those screens will pay off? I don't want to do more than 6 months though...
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 3:21pm
Moj:

On the original BFN set that I saw, they used white with a gray outline, so 2 screens.
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 9:03pm
Buddy - What can you do for a 1990 SN CB?

why am I thinking black?

buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 9:31pm
I'll have details for you tommorow, but first a question. Are you thinking of painting the hull first? If so, what color? Actually - that's 2 questions.
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 1:23pm
I didn't hear back about the hull color, but the short answer is that we can provide all of the replacement graphics for the boat including the pin stripe.
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:23pm
no I don't plan on painting the hull. but when I get the original decals off (yes they are still there) I will buff it out better if that makes a difference.

shoot me an email with costs and details of doing the main decals.

xws (at) rogers (dot) com
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:58pm
If you want to be precise about the color match, you'll need to buff out a place in the hull and send me a closeup pic. Once we decide on what graphics you want, I'll need a 50% deposit. Then I will send sample color swatches to you based upon your pic. Once we have a match, we'll make the graphics (digital print for the SN logo - vinyl for the remainder).

I have several other good prospects for SN graphics, so I won't charge you for the art.

Keep in mind that what Moj said is dead on correct. Screen printed decals will outlast the boat, but you get into the $1200 for the screen printing charges). My digital prints will last 7 years (and I would still recommend that the boat be under cover - though that's not what 3M says).
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:43pm
what do you think about straight black vinyl decals cut in the same exact shape?

buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:58pm
If you want to stay true to the logo, with the little squares, it would be virtually impossible to "weed" out the vinyl.

If you want solid letters, we can do that easily.

Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 2:26pm
sorry not following, and I'm not decal expert.

I dont need the original colour; what I would like is retail the original shape of the decals. not sure what you mean about the little squares?

I'm thinking solid letters would look really good and "moderize" it a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the white faded sqaures to begin with.
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 3:47pm
Like this?
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 4:05pm
yes, your thoughts? I know its faded and I will buff it out some more and try to wet sand it, but I like the black anyways.

can you produce those in the same shape/size as the originals? how $$$?

thanks
kyle
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 4:13pm
what other decals or striping will you want? It will factor into the price.

btw - these may be available from the manufacturer since the model is current. You should check with them first.
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 4:23pm
at this point I'd say just the SKI NAUTIQUE for either side.

do you mean the other decals like "correc craft" and the awsa decal?

I'd love to think its current, but nobody else seems to think so with no offers on it at 10k
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 4:25pm
I'll add the "Correct Craft" to the list, and if you can do the others let me know the additonal cost for them.
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 4:44pm
2 Correct Crafts - $40
2 - Solid black Ski Nautique's to size - $120.00. This is 6 year vinyl. For 8 year, add 20%
150' of black striping up to 3/4" - $45.00.
$15.00 freight
These will come to you pre-taped and Ready To Apply. We'll need a 50% deposit. Our number is 678-714-1965.

I will need you to
1. remove the cover
2. Put a piece of masking tape EXACTLY 12" long next to the "S" in SKI. Then put another piece EXACTLY 12" long above the "S".
3. Take a picture dead on - no angle whatsoever - showing the whole ski nautique graphic. If the ghost won't show in the picture, put another piece of tape from the left edge of the graphic to the right edge.
Kylecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 7:36pm
I have the pictures Buddy, let me know where to send them, I sent you an email through this site but didn't hear back.
buddym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 8:31pm
My email address is a2zsignsbuford@gmail.com
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 6:44pm
Kylecraft,
This may be a long shot, since it seems you haven't posted in a year, but I would be interrested to see how you vinyl turned out. I have the same year and color boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic