Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9657
Printed Date: June-04-2024 at 10:10pm

Topic: St. Somewhere Else
Posted By: DeepCreekNauti
Subject: St. Somewhere Else
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 12:13am
Just got back from the Bahamas last week. Last Tuesday, I was enjoying a morning beverage overlooking the marina at sunrise. Yes, beer for breakfast is totally acceptable in the tropics. Anyway, there must have been dozens of boat that come with their own zip code. After giving up trying to figure out how much money these guys must make, I saw my dream super yacht. This thing had class with a capital C written all over it. Why? Because on the upper deck was a stowed 80’s era Ski Nautique. No kidding! All I could think was that I wish I had a camera to post this pic on CCF. I bet it would have made the home page.

Some CCF is living large. Don’t forget to purchase your Powerball tickets this week.

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:03pm
that would've been calander worthy,

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:31pm
Speaking of pictures....on our way back to Reid's place on the river yesterday...we blasted pass 3 guys in a mastercrap-FISHING-one guy was actually sitting on the bow in one of them tall skinny seats they fish from while operating the trolling motor. We didn't have the camera out and we were travling rather fast (imagine that!) and couldn't go back.

A day on the river with Friends...awesome
Guys fishing in a mastercrap..priceless

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:38pm
John, shouldnt you be nursing a hangover? you havnt seen 10:30 am in how long?
MM get his boat going?

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:47pm
Somehow, I can picture the whole scene! LOL Did he have a trolling motor on it?

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 1:50pm
the model was a basstercrap, thats something you would only see in Fla.

-------------

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 4:09pm
Isn't that spelled Bassturdcrap? Or was it bascerdcrap?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 6:36pm
basster-scrap
or all of the above

-------------

Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 8:35pm
Nah...I'm always up early on the weekend. Only drank a few beers with Reid's crew. Had to drive 2 hours home. No place to stay overnite...to many racefans in the area right now.

MM and his bro Keith burned the midnite oil and got his trans back in. Worked awesome. You da man. With my Legend prop on he was the fastest boat there. But only by 1/10 of a mph. We had Reid's Classic (best sounding), my '80. Marshall's Mustang, MM's very fast Ski Lime, all of them modified to some extent. But the surprise ride was Adam's Skier. Box stock 302 and it stayed right with all these guys all day. Don't know if Adam has ever run her this hard but I think now he is pretty proud of his ride. Especially for what he has in it. First time out with the group for Adam and his wife Tammy and I hope they had a good time. We sure did having them.

BTW...we went by the mastercrap so fast that I am not sure if they had a troller or not...don't think so.

ready to go...note the great boating shirt.

Adam and Tammy...fast Skier

nice lookin' ladies

C/C's at the Silver Glen.

don't litter the Glen in front of this guy.

got lots more but I'll let the other guys post some too.

john

PS; Yes that is the bottom you can see...crystal clear warm water with a soft sand bottom.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 8:58pm
Great pics. Looks like a heck of a good time.

-------------

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 11:21pm
Another fast Skier . Is it white or champaign color ? What year ?

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-17-2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Another fast Skier . Is it white or champaign color ? What year ?

Pat, we discussed Adam's Skier at length in http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8876 - this thread. Its a '73 and its been painted- not sure if its an original color or not.

We know that Marshall can outrun Reid's 56mph boat, so if MM was indeed the fastest boat on the river, would that put him at 57-58? If so, thats very impressive. I know I said I wouldnt be doing any upgrades this year, but this makes me want to reconsider.

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:18am
I am always impressed at your recall Tim. I did not remember that thread at all and I posted on it.

MM ran 52.3 or 53.2 (can't remember exactly) by GPS. Topped Reid by 1/10 by GPS. I am not sure Marshall clocked his boat.

Adam's boat is a 'pinkish" color. Looks pretty good for a paint job.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:20am
Yes , Tim I do remember that topic now . Thank You . Adams boat looks very nice . .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:25am
I knew I had seen the boat before- I had to go searching for the thread too!

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM ran 52.3 or 53.2 (can't remember exactly) by GPS. Topped Reid by 1/10 by GPS. I am not sure Marshall clocked his boat.

Whew, I can relax then. Im pretty sure Marshall is running upwards of 56-57, so Im a bit relieved that MM isnt there- at least not yet. I guess I can cancel my Summit order.

-------------

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:28am
John,
Great pics.... more ice and snow for us today... Im beginning to re-think this northern winter stuff?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:37am
"I know I said I wouldnt be doing any upgrades this year, but this makes me want to reconsider."

"I guess I can cancel my Summit order."

Tim,

Since these two statements were made less than 1/2 hour apart,could one assume that you have already premeditated what your next exact modifications will be,and that you are merely waiting for someone to take it to the next level ? Kind of like having an emergency preparedness plan of sorts??

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 12:48am
Mike, I always seem to have plenty of good plans- its the bank account and finding the time to get them done where I fall short.

Ive got big hopes for '09, but staying stock until then may be tough for me to do! I can rationalize just about anything if I think about it long enough.

-------------

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 1:06am
Looks like a great time was had by all! Those great looking boats in the water are getting me excited about about a maiden voyage for the skier.

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:25am
Saw the Skier on another thread Greg, looked good.

Tim: Lots of talk about "secret improvments' on Saturday. Better keep your Summit book close at hand.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:53am

Adam's boat is a 'pinkish" color. Looks pretty good for a paint job.

john

It's CORAL!!!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:07am
Ahhhh....sorry. Coral it is then.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:09am
Jbear...check out this sweet ride!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:13am
Oops..sorry it's so large.
Is there an easy way to get my pictures to be 200KB, how big are the ones you posted above?

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:41am
Very nice lookin' ride! Nice lookin' lady as well!

I am not sure of the size of my pictures but I post them thru photobucket and that seems to resize them to fit. There is a couple of threads on here on how to do it. Randy in Ohio has a good one. You'll have to look it up. I forgot how to link you to the thread.

john

Found it...it is the second topic in the Off-topic forum. Good luck.

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:47am

Heading out in the a.m.

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 3:54am

Too cool for words!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 4:02am

Coming home with the sun going down

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 10:57am

Tim: Lots of talk about "secret improvments' on Saturday. Better keep your Summit book close at hand.

Im not surprised. Sandbaggers!

-------------

Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 11:27pm
Tim: I know you'll be up to the challenge.

Adam: Great pictures! Thanks. Nice to see someones elses 'cause ya never get any shots of your own boat when you are taking pictures yourself.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: February-18-2008 at 11:39pm
Great pictures, looks like a great spot and it looks like you all had a great time. I think pictures of vintage CCs underway but at an idle are my favorites. Really brings out the sharp lines.

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-19-2008 at 2:08pm
Nice job with the pics John.

-------------

Date Posted: February-19-2008 at 11:41pm
Thanks to Larry.

But I am getting better. Maybe I can help you get the pics on from your last visit...LOL.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:23am
I figure I'll just bring them with this weekend and upload them all to your machine before we leave. Carolyn notified me of rain in the forecast I told her to stop looking.

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:27am
You're wet when you're in the water anyhow...at least it'll be warm rain. The weathermen never are sure of what is gonna happen anyhow.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:27pm

Whew, I can relax then. Im pretty sure Marshall is running upwards of 56-57, so Im a bit relieved that MM isnt there- at least not yet. I guess I can cancel my Summit order.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm back in the fold again and thought I'd clear this one up, but I think Tim knows what's what. Earlier in the afternoon, while flying across that flat Lake George, the Classic 390 recorded it's fastest ever WOT at 53.2 (on GPS). MaddMarxx won't like it but this was recorded along-side him, and as soon as you nail the Classic it hauls the mail, and would instantly pull 2-3 boatlengths ahead. Well, I can't hold it full throttle forever and it didn't appear that MM was catching up so I thought I had him topped on top speed. Then late in the day, just before we hauled them out of the water, I cleared the GPS and handed it to Mark and off he went down the river. Handed it back at 53.3! It was almost as bad as Marshall outrunning my Mustang. 1/10!! And he was by himself where I'll bet it'd run faster even with a body in the back seat. So the boat really is fast, and with minimum mods on top of that. Maybe it's the new Lavine transmission?

On to Marshall's. While he never ran by GPS on that day, and although I didn't see what he did while running right next to Mark, I do know that he flew by the Classic so fast that I had to look at the GPS to make sure I was running without issue. When we clocked him at 57.something the engine was only 5-10hrs old, so maybe it's getting faster after a little break-in time. Boatdr was conveniently missing this day. Some lame excuse about a wedding he had to go to.

Tim, don't cancel that Summit order.   

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Tim, don't cancel that Summit order.   

Too late. Ive found another way to spend the money- Ill shoot you an email.

Thanks for clearing that up, though thats what I figured. With Marshall and the good Doctor running in the upper 50's, who will be the first here to break the 60 mark? Bill B doesnt count.

-------------

Date Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:50pm
What happened to Rick and his Al Tyll? Didn't see it in any of the pictures.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:29am
Unfortunately the Al Tyll wasn't in the water that day as he had his U-17 out on the lake. He joined us a little later. The U-17 is a Donzi 16 look-alike but a bit faster. We were hoping for the CC, but it was 60 miles south in the shop.

Tim, thanks for stating that Bill B's NOS doesn't count as I've got 60 in the cross-hairs before we throw in the towel. However, at the rate I'm going, you'll probably beat me to it!

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:38am
All the boats ran well at the river. My '80 stayed right with these guys and it has been clocked at 50.something by Eddie on his new Christmas GPS. But the real shocker of the day was how the pink (ok-coral) skier owned by Adam ran. No mods at all....not sure Adam has even been under the motor box....and it ran right with the big boys.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:51am
Yep, I had jbear at 50.7 and he had 3 bodies in the front of the boat. A good running Skier will run 50-plus stock and Adam's probably got one of those. But I thought it was tan, buckskin, champagne, or flesh (politically incorrect however).

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:09am
I still say it looks pink to me.

Thanks for the update on my top speed...didn't know it.

Hope you and the posse had a great time at the race. Thanks for setting up Saturday...what a great day. Same time next year?

Sounds like we are gonna have to do something about a Reunion in our (Southeast) area.

How was the trip home?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:50am

I still say it looks pink to me.

If you're going to call it pink, at least call it "titty pink"

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:21pm
I think Bill B efforts count just as soon as he shows up to an in water event with other ccfans present. But that might be because I plan to do a little cheating myself.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:43pm
Jbear, I think I'll mail you the GPS so you can do a test run by yourself. My guess in 51.52748 mph

The trip back Tuesday was a breeze. Tom hauled the Classic down there and left me to haul it back with the Exploder, which clocked over to 339K during the trip by the way. But pulled like a champ.

Joe, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of your "cheating". I just bought me a special new net which catches both pistons AND rods.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:50pm

Joe, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of your "cheating". I just bought me a special new net which catches both pistons AND rods.

Ouch, since the 408 has forged pistons, crank, and H beam rods and is fully balanced I don't expect to need the net, I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.

What's a stud girdle? Does Quinner need to pick up one of those?

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

http://www.fordstrokers.com/ford-351w-all-2-bolt-blocks-with-arp-main-studs-p92.html - main girdle

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

http://www.fordstrokers.com/ford-351w-all-2-bolt-blocks-with-arp-main-studs-p92.html - main girdle

^^^ "Probe Industries" - I'm sure he'd love one, or two.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 5:25pm

Ouch, since the 408 has forged pistons, crank, and H beam rods and is fully balanced I don't expect to need the net, I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.

Oh Joe, you know I was just kidding. I didn't know if you were planning to spray something. That stuff scares me, like quinner in a stud girdle.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 6:41pm

Oh Joe, you know I was just kidding. I didn't know if you were planning to spray something. That stuff scares me, like quinner in a stud girdle.

Scares me a little too but thats the fun part.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:01pm

Scares me a little too but thats the fun part.

Quinner in a stud girdle is your idea of fun? Youre all sick.

-------------

Date Posted: February-21-2008 at 8:39pm
CQ in a stud girdle and nylons...what a visual.

Thanks Reid but I can use Eddie's GPS...unless yours shows faster! As long as I can go 50 I am pretty happy...don't need no faster.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Print Page | Close Window