Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5243
Printed Date: June-10-2024 at 5:32am

Topic: ’94 5.8 PCM Pro Boss
Posted By: Hamlin
Subject: ’94 5.8 PCM Pro Boss
Date Posted: November-20-2006 at 3:45pm
As the new owner of an older SN, I have been trying to figure out exactly what I have. One thing that eludes me is exactly what engine I have. From what I have been able to find in brochures etc., there were 3 different 5.8L engines available in '94. A carburated base version, a carburated version with electronic ignition, and an injected version with electronic ignition. Is this correct so far?
What was the horsepower rating for each version? I see boats like mine stating anything from 240 to 310HP. My Engine stickers say 5.8L Pro Boss. It is carburated with electronic ignition. What is the HP rating of the 5.8L Pro Boss? The brochure seems to say 'more than 300'. Are they talking about the injected version at 310, or does the Pro Boss have nearly the same HP as the injected version?
I know that the HP isn't that important and there are things like the hole shot, throttle response, etc. that are more important. I'm just one of those people who likes to know all the details about my equipment.
Thanks for any help.

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-20-2006 at 4:22pm
The Proboss had between 285 and 300 HP, depending on whose literature you read (Correct Craft or PCM).

In '94 the injected motor was the TBI Proski motor, which with the GT40 heads is said to be a very strong performer when running right. The GT40 (multiport EFI) debuted in '95- and it was rated at 310 hp.

-------------

Posted By: Darrel
Date Posted: November-20-2006 at 8:36pm
Hamlin, you and i have the same motor, mine is from a 93 so a year older. HP numbers are exactly what you said...somewhere between 285 and "more than 300". In addition to the sticker kit, and Pro-tec ign. your heads should be stamped "GT40" and have 3 raised slash marks on the front. I personally like the throttle response and torq. of the carbed Pro Boss, I think most prefer the MPFI GT40 motor for ease of starting...
What prop are you turning?

Posted By: The Dude
Date Posted: November-21-2006 at 8:04pm
mine is carbed w/gt40 heads. Title says "300+ hp." So whatever it is, it's somewhere around 300hp. All I know is that when I get on it, it jumps.

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Print Page | Close Window