Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19071
Printed Date: May-30-2024 at 5:45pm

Topic: rubrail insert
Posted By: grdng8
Subject: rubrail insert
Date Posted: August-16-2010 at 4:33pm
I"m looking for gray rub rail for a 91 sport nautique....

Replies:
Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: August-16-2010 at 6:54pm
Unlikely you will find it. From my experience, they only have black and white available these days... You may be able to salvage yours. I had read of people who had removed their rubrail insert and soaked it in a bath of hot water then inserted it back in with the opposite side out. I was going to try this when I replaced mine but it was too badly torn up. I ended up replacing my blue insert with black and I think it looks better than the original blue. It's the only thing on my boat besides the depth finder that is not original. (Shhh....Don't tell Pete!)

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Posted By: malcolm2
Date Posted: August-19-2010 at 3:21pm
My rub rail is quite worn too. If I were to ever replace it, I think a 1/2 rope would be cool. I believe the 70's Correct Crafts used the white rope.

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:52pm
1/2" fits kinda loose I believe it is 5/8" I may have the black plastic from my 98 SN if your interested. Mine wrapped all the way around the transom and yours should end down the sides. It was in good condition but I went to the white three strand rope in mine.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

You may be able to salvage yours. I had read of people who had removed their rubrail insert and soaked it in a bath of hot water then inserted it back in with the opposite side out.[/IMG]

I did this last week, just let the boat sit out in the sun for a few hours and it went back together pretty easy. Looks a bunch better

-------------

Posted By: gcll
Date Posted: August-20-2010 at 2:23pm
I replaced my yellow insert on my 91sn with 1/2 rope, gives it that classic look, and was a reasonably cheap project that paid off big in the look of the boat- or at least i think it did

Posted By: TX Foilhead
Date Posted: August-20-2010 at 10:55pm
Has anyone tried using a colored rope? My blue 93 is in good shape, but I lime the look of the rope better and have thought about doing a colored rope as and old update, kinda like the CC shift knob.

Posted By: ripster92
Date Posted: August-20-2010 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by gcll gcll wrote:

I replaced my yellow insert on my 91sn with 1/2 rope, gives it that classic look, and was a reasonably cheap project that paid off big in the look of the boat- or at least i think it did

Hey Chris, do you still happen to have the yellow by chance???

-------------
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow

Print Page | Close Window