Posted By: rick s.
Subject: Used PCM Ford 351 - 1995 or newer
Date Posted: December-09-2004 at 3:30pm
No longer needed

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: December-11-2004 at 2:18am
rebuilb rebuild rebild.

it can have a lot more power than gt40 or standard proBoss engine. this site cab tell you how. mine goes 55+ and I know other's do as well and you still can ski.

Date Posted: December-12-2004 at 2:13pm
Thanks for your reply. The previous owner let existing motor freeze. 4 of the 5 freeze plugs were blown. The dealer had it running for only a few minutes before it blew. I think I'm better off in the long run to replace the existing motor rather than rebuild it.

Posted By: ccwalker
Date Posted: December-23-2004 at 4:12am
Are you interested in selling the boat as is.

Posted By: Dallas
Date Posted: March-05-2005 at 11:05pm
Rick,
How did your repower go?
I am in the same boat. I am probably going to drop a high performance crate motor in it. Arround 350 hp and 400lbs torque. I am interested in what engine you put in and any snags you had with it.
Thanks
Dallas

Date Posted: March-06-2005 at 12:54pm
Dallas,
Thanks for your inquiry. I was not able to find a used PCM 351 for my boat. Most places I checked wanted around $3500 for a new block. I did luck out last month and found a 100% complete, brand new 2000 PCM 5.7L EFI (320 hp)Apex still on the shipping pallet for the same money as a new block. The local Nautique dealer will soon install in the boat. It should be a sweet ride. I can sell off parts from the old engine and recoup some money. Good luck with your project. Sounds like it'll be a sweet ride, too.

Print Page | Close Window