Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

leaks on boat any ideas????????

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
darkone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leaks on boat any ideas????????
    Posted: November-15-2004 at 8:26pm
while fishing the other day i noticed water leaking into boat we fished approx 5 hours and picked up approx 2 gal of water could it be leaking around seals or shaft boat shows no cracking or holes but has some leak somewhere any ideas plz post ty
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2004 at 9:08pm
I know I have a leak in my 78 and I'm guessing it's my mufflers/hose connections, under water while still. I rebedded with 3M 5200 all the underwater intrusions into the hull last summer, the only other spot I need to check soon is the rudder packing, probably notorious for neglect.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2004 at 3:27am
I have a leak in my 2000 SN. I thought it was the steering gear but after repacking it continues. I now beleive it is from a drain plug in the muffler that has poped out or the muffler has worn a hole in itself. Unfortunately you have to remove the whole back end including the gas tank to access it.
dark one View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2004 at 11:17am
i think the leaking could be coming from around the shaft or the speedomiter placment the boat is a 66 mustang and i don't belive anything has ever been resealed ty
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2004 at 1:34pm
Repacking thre shaft is really easy. You should have 1-3 drips a minute from the shaft when running to keep it cool. There are several articles on repacking on this site. Just do a search.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic