NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

69 mustang ad on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 mustang ad on ebay
    Posted: October-19-2007 at 2:11am
Check this out,a stern drive Mustang

http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-CORRECT-CRAFT-BOATS-AD-16-MUSTANG_W0QQitemZ180170118398QQihZ008QQcategoryZ423QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The other day Reid and I were talking about how some Mustangs have a raised panel on the transom and we thought, stern drive! and now here's proof.I wonder how many were made and if any are left.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 8:54am
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 10:41am
Ive done a couple trannies over the years with a plug in PCM produced outdrive, the trans is a borg warner specially designed for this application and is next to impossible to get parts for. they were all out of CC's, I told a woman this summer dont buy the boat and of coarse she did and sure as s--t the trans was gone(bad), it had planetary damage and i will bet it has yet to see the water, if you decide to ever buy, keep this in mind
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 10:59am
It's hard to see, but the boat in the big pic doesn't look like a Mustang to me. More like a Freeport.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:41pm
Eric, are parts hard to find on this very interesting drivetrain?

Century Colt

I know this is a little off topic, but it's a neat system. Maybe more so because I've seen big boats going to an electric version of it...'Modern Marvels', 'Science Channel' etc.

This boat has been in the Atl paper for some time now.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:51pm
I blew up the ad. Below the picture it says
"Pictured Top - The popular 16' Mustang, Bottom Southwind Deep-V inboard."

So it is not a mustang, its a southwind. They did miss in calling it an inboard, but the models are correct.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Eric, are parts hard to find on this very interesting drivetrain?

Century Colt

I know this is a little off topic, but it's a neat system. Maybe more so because I've seen big boats going to an electric version of it...'Modern Marvels', 'Science Channel' etc.

This boat has been in the Atl paper for some time now.

Isnt it volvo that has the new drive that sticks out of the bottom of the boat? They brag about how great it performs, but one brush with the bottom or a log and I would guess you would be looking at an unfathomable repair bill.

That colt is a neat boat, too bad its not a regular V8 v-drive.

Edit: here it is, I found it

IPS drive
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2007 at 9:24pm
Yes you guy's are right it is a Southwind, I see it now.I was just going by the listing.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic