NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need new carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need new carpet
    Posted: September-28-2007 at 1:41am
hello all i am new to the forum and a proud owner of a 1982 2001 ski nautique. it is in very solid shape but i am going to thake the old "astroturf" carpet out and replace it with new 40oz carpet that is used in the new nautiques....i really wanna be able to run my toes throught it and feel nice lol. what is my best bet on buying it? have any of you guys bought it? where should i look? thanks for your help
82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 9:33pm
no ideas anyone? any help would be greatly appreciated
lakerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 10:25pm
what color? look into a&m marine1800-6217486 .thats the order line tell them what you r looking for see what happens. i have bought boat carpet at lowes make sure that you get the uv proctant carpet it does help dispite what others say. the brand of carpet i used was bay shore
R.Y.C.                        LITTLE ELM CHAPTER       
82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 11:17pm
thanks lakerat do you recall how much it was from lowes? and what OZ it was? thanks
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 11:36pm
There is a major differance between indoor/ outdoor carpet and MARINE carpet. If you want it to live for a year or so go to Lowes or Home Depot.
Please don't scrimp on the carpet nor the glue.To do my '64 floor and gunnels took 30 feet of the 6 wide .Carpet and glue was 300.00, I think it was 18 oz. not sure but the heaviest my marine vendor sells, do not use the Henry's glue,,,,,,,,
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 11:48pm
I have found the carpet in the past on the internet. Lot's of sites for Bass boats in particular. I believe I literally started with a search "boat carpet" and went from there. Was quickly able to find different qualities, weights, colors and prices. It's been about 4 years, so I can't recall the folks I went with. Grey 40 oz. at a pretty good price. BKH
Livin' the Dream

82ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2007 at 12:00am
thanks guys. i found 40oz royal blue that i am going to use. from r&r textiles. 234.00 for a 25x6.5 ft piece. thanks for all your help. i love my CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic