NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
starbucksdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter
    Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:44pm
No frost in southeast Ohio, but it is getting cool here on the Ohio River. Wont be long before it is time to winterize the Nautique and put her to bed for a few months. Always a sad day when I close the doors on the storage building. Oh well.......
starbucksdad
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:47pm
starbuck, where you from in ohio
"the things you own will start to own you"
starbucksdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 1:50pm
Right below Marietta, a little river community called Hockingport
starbucksdad
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 2:03pm
Eric, I guess I could say I feel sorry for you guy's but that would be a LIE.....
Getting the boat ready for a day skiing and pulling the 9 year old grand daughter, great to be in the SOUTH..........boat dr.
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 4:04pm
Tag me in doc, and I'll pile on. It so dog gone hot here in Saint Pete I am beggin for a little relief. Maybe by Thanksgiving. No seasons here but SKI SEASON!
bj
hasbeenskier
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 4:52pm
I plan on hitting the lake this week end myself, ski season isn't over until there is ice on the lake... You just have to be a little more manly to ski in the north.. Just teasing all you southern guys.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 6:18pm
Just got back, boy is that lake cold. We have had about 6 in. of rain in the last two weeks, water temp mid 80's.30 min. with the new ski, the old man can't hang much more than that.
Rear boot still too tight, will work on it again tonite.Never had a rear boot, stirrups is cool but not as solid as the boot and hi top bindings.
We still have 45 more days,saw two boats on the water,one pulling a TUBE, the other drowning WORMS.
Gotta love this place after Labor Day................boat dr
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2007 at 11:10pm
Neoprene, Keeps us going almost all year long up here in Washington. Just those first ten seconds of.......
T   

88 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2007 at 8:29am
I would ski as long as there is no ice on the lake. Trouble is finding someone crazy enough to drive and another crzy person to watch...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 12:44am
Winter...we don't have no stinkin' winter.

Gotta agree dr....love the south. Miss Ohio and all the guys and places there and would move back in a second if mrs jbear would...but man I would be pissed when it started to rain, snow and you get them months when you don't see the sun for days on end.

Plus...who would take care of me if I was there and Patti was here!?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Plus...who would take care of me if I was there and Patti was here!?

CQ will keep you nice and warm, and I can take care of Patti for you.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 1:15pm
I would be in full force skiing.....except the low lake levels down here in SC (Clarks Hill) have forced me to take the boat out. We also have a terrible Hydrilla problem that the corps of engineers could care less about! Threw my hands up and winterized this weekend.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 8:30pm
supposed to be sunny and 80 plus this week end no winterizing here...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 8:44pm
winter up here is a time for indoor sports, you'll never see a northern woman not smiling in these cold months
"the things you own will start to own you"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 10:42pm
thats cause shes got your credit cards at the mall every weekend!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2007 at 11:55pm
Right on ryan.

HW; Think I might be getting the raw end (can't believe I said that) of the deal...but I am VERY sure Patti would be all for it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2007 at 1:25am
Lets not rush the winter in yet. I'm looking forward to fall. The leaves, cool nights with the windows open,outside fire pit. You guys from the midwest know what I'm talking about.

Carl, Where do you live? I live near Kings Island (Mason). Scott
Scott
Jake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2007 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Aemmer Aemmer wrote:

Neoprene, Keeps us going almost all year long up here in Washington. Just those first ten seconds of.......

Hey Aemmer:
Where abouts are you in WA?

I'm in Bellingham.

Jake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic