NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Nautique Windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dag5303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dag5303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Nautique Windshield
    Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:49pm
Need to order new 1 piece plexiglass windshield for 68 Nautique. TaylorMade is the only company I have found that makes a similar style/size. They have a "Holiday Style" and a "Sportshield". It's difficult to determine from their price list which style most closely resembles original. Does anybody know which one I should use? Thanks
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:56pm
Dag,

Check the reference section link at the top of the page. Scroll down and you will see a brochure from the 1968 line of Correct Crafts. That should give you an idea.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 9:19pm
I just got one for my 68 mustang.I ordered the Sportshield.Seems confusing on their size description,turns out that it's a little on the short side compared to the original.I think you'd be happier with the Holiday style since your boat is bigger.I don't have it on yet,but I'll just set it on and get a picture up so you can see it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:59am
Here are a couple pictures of the TaylorMade Sportman windshield I just bought-
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/garys_01/Sportmanwindshield002.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/garys_01/Sportmanwindshield001.jpg

Tried posting the actual pictures following Randy in ohio's method but I guess I'm too computer illiterate or tired
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:03am
Duh- can't even get the date right on the pictures,how am I going to figure out how to post them?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:37am
Gary; The boat looks good with the windshield on...always thought it looked kinda funny without.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:01pm

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 10:04pm
Thanks Tim for posting those pictures,someday when I don't want to be outside,which will soon, I'll sit down and learn how to do it.
John- Thanks for the complement.I agree with you,but on the other hand I thought it would look funny with a '70s style also.If it wasen't for this board I would have never found one,believe me I have looked.I had even emailed Taylor Made, they said nope we only go back 10yrs.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 1:33am
Tim; Love how you young guys help us compu challenged guys get stuff up here.

Gary; I feel your pain....know exactly why you won't feel like being outside soon. Boy it seems like a long time ago when I would dread fall coming on 'cause i knew what was to follow. As to the comment on the site....agree..it is great here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 12:30am
Gary Is that a Studabaker Hawk in the garage ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 2:08am
Looks like an Austin Healy 3000....very nice rare car if I am correct.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 11:36pm
John was the closest but no cigar.Built on the same assembly line as the Healy,it's my 1959 MGA Coupe.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/garys_01/Dcp_0629.jpg
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 1:32am
Gary that is a nice looking car !!! To bad you couldnt pull your boat behind it .

I got a cool pic idea . Back it up to the front of your boat like its hooked up , and take a pic .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 1:57am
Pat I have thought of it but thats as far as it went.I just put the boat back in to try out my new windshield,and my speedo.My Mustang has the speedo pickup on the keel between the water pickups.The PO had mounted a pickup on the transom and that is what I have used.Being influenced by "keep it original" Pete,I decided to see why they changed it.I don't like how the transom mounted one disturbes the wake.It turns out the only thing wrong with the original one was that it was clogged big time,but I was able to clean it out,and now it works great.When I pull it out for the season,I'll take a picture of both.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic