NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foam and Deck Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jeffyl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foam and Deck Replacement
    Posted: May-10-2007 at 8:31pm
O.K guys, I'm looking into ordering the 2lb density foam, and getting some plywood for the deck. My question is how do you know how much foam you need and how much to pour into the cavitiies? Also can I just use exterior grade plywood, and what thickness should be used? Another thing is what do you seal the gaps in the plywood with (reg. caulk)? I have no idea how to go about installing the new deck, and I really don't want to have to remove the foam again, so all your help and guidance is really appreciated. Also one last thing, the main stringers seem fine but the outer ones and the cross supports are kind of shot. What type of wood do you replace them with and do they need to be glassed in? Thanks
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 8:58pm
jeffyl do a search under stringer replacement, that should answer most of your questions about the stringers. I just had my BFN redone by Eric and he used Marine grade ply wood.
jeffyl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 9:05pm
Is there anyone in CT that would be interested in completing the job? For a price of course.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic