NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Deal?!?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Deal?!?
    Posted: May-31-2006 at 3:33pm
I'm a 100% loyal Correct Craft fan, but I still look at other inboard ski boats. I came across another brand of ski boat that seems like a steal. What do you guys think?
   Not a nautique, but decent 1989 Malibu
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2006 at 4:15pm
You can find a Nautique of that vintage for a similar price. A friend of mine had an '88, and that boat was awful- driving, handling, skiing, you name it. Back then Malibu's construction techniques were questionable as well. CC's, Mastercrafts and Supras of that vintage are much better boats.

Just my $.02
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2006 at 4:25pm
I agree. If that was a 1989 Ski Nautique, same condition, same hours, we'd see a $12,500 - $13,000 price tag. You pay for what you get. Are they serious about that instrument cluster?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 1:25am
Might look at NADA and see what they say. I suspect that $7900 is about what that boat is worth. I see them advertised frequently for 8500-9000 with folks taking less on the actual transaction. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 10:36am
I bought my 1986 Nautique at Mid Ohio a couple of years ago. They advertised it for $9,900. This was the price, take it or leave it. They wouldn't even drop $200. The reason given was that it's a Ski Nautique. In my hunt for Nautiques in the past, nobody will negotiate the price of a Nautique. You either pony-up the asking price $$$ or walk away and somebody else will.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic