Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 sport fins

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chilliezax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilliezax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 sport fins
    Posted: March-26-2006 at 3:21pm
i am looking for the front fin for a 94 sport. if anyone knows where i can get one please respond. thank you.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2006 at 4:17pm
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2006 at 6:07pm
Chilezax. You should be able to get them from the dealer. I can't remember what they cost, but it seems to me that they were under
$100. BKH
Livin' the Dream

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 7:44am
My local dealer (Sail and Ski) sells the fins for $75.76, part number 36718. Fin fits boats 70-97
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 12:29pm
hey ccskier,BKHall,david F,

You wouldn't happen to know if this turn fin would help an old 63 classic performance in the turns or not? Mine just doesn't seem to turn as good as the newer ones? I know its an old one but just trying to find a way to make it perform better for me!!

Let me know guys if you have any info or a place to look on installing these fins on older CC's.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 12:59pm
Paul,

I'm no expert. A tracking fin, or in the case of newer CCs, 3 tracking fins will help to keep the boat from sliding to the side in turns, and will help to keep the boat in a straight line under the lateral loads of a skier or wakeboarder.

I have read articles that provided recommended placement between the bow and stearn, but don't recall the details. I seem to recall that if you get them too far forward, they can catch and cause some danger in submarining the nose.

If you decide to put a tracking fin on your boat, you will need to consider if there is sufficient structural support at the optimum installation point to handle the screws and loads.

Personally, I would not add fins to a 43 year old classic boat. I'm sure it slides and pulls a little, but that's all part of the classic look and feel of the boat. You wouldn't add fins to a Classic Gar Wood, Higgins, or Chris Craft, and I wouldn't do it with your great classic either. BKH
Livin' the Dream

ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 8:18pm
Paul-

I agree with bk. She just wouldn't be the same if you put those new fangled gadgets on the bottom. Leave them for the new models.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2006 at 7:27am
Yep, the fins keep the boat sliding in the turns (main benefit). I suppose it might mitigate sideways movement from the pull by skiers.

My '77 Martinique does not have fins, my '93SN does. The 77 slides in turns, the 93 does not. The slide never really bothered me because my buddy and I only ski in a straight line. Sideways movement was never a problem as we are exerting forces near the centerline of the boat (pylon). What I can tell you that fins make a huge difference when pulling tubers (my young kids). It is very dificult to get the tube outside the wake on the 77 as the boat slides and thus does not whip the tube around. Since the 93 does not slide, the tube is easily whipped outside the wake. The kids are in hog heaven. Now if I could only get them out of the tube and onto a ski or wakeboard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic