Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 SN 2001 Battery Placement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 SN 2001 Battery Placement
    Posted: November-21-2005 at 1:42pm
I was just looking at the brochure for my Ski Nautique and realized that I keep my battery in what they call an ice chest.
Where else could you put the battery? I cant think of anywhere.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2005 at 3:30pm
Some are under the drivers seat, not sure about your 82 year, I moved mine to under the bow deck, made some new 2/0 cables, screwed a plastic battery box to the floor under the bow
NO LONGER A MEMBER
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2005 at 10:37pm
Where were they placed from the factory?
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2005 at 11:07pm
cant answer quesion but mine would make a horrible cooler lots of filthy bilge juice
Morto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 6:33am
In the '82 Ski Tique there's a battery box under the floor on the centre-line right under the dash with a tube running back to the engine bay and a drain to the bilge. The ventilation hoses from the bow are routed either side of it.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 7:30am
Yea that is where I have mine but I dont think that is a battery box. Look at this http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/1982_brochure/index.asp?page=13.

882001, I agree plus mine has a place to run wires through it and it wouldnt hold very much.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 9:36am
I purchased my 1982 new in 1981 and the Battery Box is under the passenger seat. The problem I have is the overall height. Hard to find a replacement battery to fit. I am sure this is where it is intended to go.
DAVEG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVEG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 12:00pm
I called a dealer, and he told me an Interstate MTP91 is what they recommend (@ 90 bucks), it will fit in the compartment. I'm told this is a car battery also (Mercedes, VW), and have heard car batteries don't hold up like a marine battery. They said it should be fine, any other opinions out there?
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 12:45pm
Daveg, check out optima batteries - i'm been wainting for an excuse to buy one for two years
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 1:09pm
I have a car battery in mine and it works fine.    The only difference I can find in a marine battery is that it has those hookups for a trolling motor. I dont use the trolling motor much. I have heard great things about optima batteries but I dont have a local retailer and I like the fact that if I leave the key on, drain the battery, and kill a cell I can take it back to the local store and get a new one without much trouble.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 3:02pm
I have an optima blue top and have been as happy as you can be with a battery. They have free shipping from their website and I beleive wal-mart and sam's carry them and honor the warranty (hard to beleive anyone in the country is far from a wally world).
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 5:02pm
I didn't know that wal-mart carried optima. I might just look into that when this one dies.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2006 at 1:19am
I 2nd the optima mine works good its small and you can mount it up side down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic