NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Tique Color Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Tique Color Question
    Posted: December-14-2011 at 12:18pm
What Tim said....do a search on the site, there's been plenty of conversation on matching gel.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 11:04am
The '80 brochure simply calls out "Orange". The graphics in the mid-late 70's were generally painted with industrial Rustoleum- so you may want to check that out for a match.

As far as gel goes, I dont think anyone carries the original colors beyond 15-20 year old CC's. It wouldnt matter if they did- the amount of fading would be hard to predict. You'll have to custom match it.
Riverdogskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverdogskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:17am
Hi,

I have been reading forums on this site learning about Correct Crafts for 6 months or longer. Finally registered today. Great site with very helpful information. I have a 1979 Tique I picked up a few months back. It was actually for sale on this site in August. I'm planning on spending time during the holidays/much of winter months wetsanding and repainting the hull lettering. I've reviewed the 1979 CC brochure trying to determine the color. It is the orange color but I don't see it listed in the brochure. Anyone know what CC called this orange color and if so, where might I find the exact match?

I have two small, dime size areas that need gel-coat repair. Any advice on where to purchase the gel-coat for color match? I'm guessing it is just white but not sure if anyone has found a gel-coat that is tinted to match an old 30 year old boat??

1979 Orange Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic