Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

camshaft rh rot.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83sn2001 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83sn2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: camshaft rh rot.
    Posted: August-30-2005 at 7:55pm
Need some grind #'s for rh. rotation camshafts for 351w.I plan on running gt40 heads and edelbrock performer intake. Anyone running this set up in a 80's era 2001 hull. Also prop selection would help me as well
HOLESHOT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLESHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2005 at 2:50pm
i did almost the same set up in my 82 but
the engine is Lh so my grid# is dif call
cran cams and they can prob help thats who i got my cam from . as for the prop it depends on what u plain on doing with the boat acme are good
IF IT HAS A SPARKPLUG I CAN FIX IT
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2005 at 11:56pm
Check out this piece someone wisely posted several weeks ago. http://engineparts.com/motorhead/techstuff/2003marine/Camshafts_Lifters_TimingComponents.pdf

The 302/351 cam shown is a slightly better grind than what cam in the stock engine. If ordering one of these take care to notice that to them a LH rotating engine is the marine RH. They're viewing it from the front apparently. Your Rev Rot firing order will always be 18456273 for a 351 and most 302's.   CompCams has a nice selection of grinds.

Jim in Houston and myself are both running this Clevite/Speed Pro spec cam (#229-1834) and with nice results. I've got ported early 351 heads and the Performer RPM intake, and mine is a 302.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2005 at 2:25am
I posted the cam spec site and am also running the same cam, I ordered it when I got my boat last year and replaced the cam, lifters, timing chain and oil pump.

To me the cam works good, I might go more on the intake if I had a choice. Ford 351.
Dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2005 at 4:04am
I have a 351 cam out of a PCM ProBoss GT-40 EFI motor that had 55 hours on the block. Actualy it is still in the block sitting in the corner of my garage.

Let me know if you are interested.
Dallas
HOLESHOT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLESHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2005 at 11:05am
well the grind on my crane cam is h-205-2847-2s-12 lh, if it helps
IF IT HAS A SPARKPLUG I CAN FIX IT
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2005 at 11:43am
Thanks for the responses. I knew I would find results here.
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 7:32pm
Dallas,
Whats the deal with the PCM ProBoss GT-40 EFI motor?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic