NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nice 2001 on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice 2001 on Ebay
    Posted: August-02-2005 at 2:24pm
Have you guys seen this cherry?

Nice 2001 for sale

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2005 at 4:05pm
Can't imagine owning a nautique for 16 years (since 1989) and only putting 80 hrs on it. I've put 80 hrs on my boat this month!
Mustang View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2005 at 4:54pm
What search criteria did you use to find this boat? I have search under correct craft and ski nautique and I have not found this boat on ebay.
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2005 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

Can't imagine owning a nautique for 16 years (since 1989) and only putting 80 hrs on it. I've put 80 hrs on my boat this month!
no kidding that thing would be worn out if i had it that long. looks slick, not crazy about the color.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 12:49pm
Interesting to see the seller's face when the prospective buyer talks exitedly about the tuna tower he's going to drill into it.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 1:14pm
Tuna Tower....funny.

I was going down the highway yesterday and spotted a vehicle way out in front of me. I couldn't see it that well but it had a big superstructure on top. I thought to myself, Oh, a wake board boat. When I caught up to it I realized it was a burial vault transport truck. I wonder if 10-15 years from now we will look back and think how silly these huge towers are. Have you noticed how the big I/O family runabouts are coming with towers now. Trying to get in on the act. Have you ever tried to fix a big I/O family runabout right at the right wake board speed. They won't do it.

Anyway, the Nautique in this thread looks like a keeper. Someone ought to pick it up.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Mustang Mustang wrote:

What search criteria did you use to find this boat? I have search under correct craft and ski nautique and I have not found this boat on ebay.

Mustang, click on the link in New86's post and
it will take you right to it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 1:34pm
This boat was moved to a new auction because
of technical difficulty with the search
capability. The new ebay number is 4566450168. Looks like auction ends Aug 9.
Livin' the Dream

guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 1:47pm
No doubt it is in nice condition, but as far as the hours, the owner could've easily unplugged the hour meter.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 10:37pm
I search "Nautique" most every day.
FUN-9C1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUN-9C1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2005 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I wonder if 10-15 years from now we will look back and think how silly these huge towers are.

I've been thinking that since the first time I saw one! (OK I'm ready for the flames...) ;)
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2005 at 1:02am
I wouldn't exactly call this a flame, but I'm sure there was a time when people thought water-skiing was a passing fad and made fun of people who bought tiny boats with inboard motors and not enough storage room for a minnow bucket. The truth is, towers make wakeboarding funner and easier, and even those "family" boats can throw enough wake for two-wake jumps and the occasional backflip! It's true that it's harder to get one to drive 20mph, but it's possible. I know - my first boat was a 21' Rinker Captiva with a cuddy cabin and a homemade tower.
FUN-9C1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUN-9C1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2005 at 1:20am
Don't get me wrong- Wakeboarding is great and I understand the tower thing- If I was into wakeboarding I'm sure I'd have one, but I think a boat looks much better without it. Just my opinion. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread-

Yeah that 2001 is beautiful!!!
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2005 at 1:36am
I agree with that - well said. Boats look better without them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic