Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it a ’99 or a 2000?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ken View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it a ’99 or a 2000?
    Posted: June-28-2005 at 11:27pm
Can someone offer an opinion ?

I am considering purchase of a "2000" Super Air Nautique. The problem is,that according to what I can find on the internet, the graphics on the side of the boat were common to 1999 boats. The boat is 400 miles away and I haven't actually seen it yet. Has anyone had experience with a situation like this ? Are there any markings on the hull that would identify the correct year?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Ken
klinderborg@ameritech.net
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2005 at 1:12am
The serial number. Last two digits are the
year. Will be either "99" or "00"

The serial number is located at the rear of the boat, on the right hand side. It is
stamped into the fiberglass.

If the serial number is missing, then you
really have something hinky going on. Otherwise, you'll know the year, and there
will be some reasonable answer for the graphics change.

If you're concerned, I'd aske the seller to
take a picture of the serial number and email
it to you before you drive the 400.

Good luck.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

KEN View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2005 at 3:06pm
BKH THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I ALWAYS LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION I ALREADY HAVE AN ANSWER FOR IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS.

KEN
Mark View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2005 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ken ken wrote:

I am considering purchase of a "2000" Super Air Nautique. The problem is,that according to what I can find on the internet, the graphics on the side of the boat were common to 1999 boats. The boat is 400 miles away and I haven't actually seen it yet. Has anyone had experience with a situation like this ? Are there any markings on the hull that would identify the correct year?

Ken
Mark View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2005 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ken ken wrote:

Ken: I have a 2000 Sport Nautique with 1999 graphics. Correct Craft offered the 1999 graphics in 2000. People chose the '99 graphics graphics because they did not like the giant N (or backwards giant N on the port side...) Another distiguishing feature is the 75 year anniversary logo on the port side windsheild.

mark

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic