Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini top

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini top
    Posted: July-28-2010 at 6:42pm
What is everyone's recommendation for a good bimini top? I prefer to not drill any holes in my boat but realize we can spend more time on the water if we have some shade.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 7:21pm
Hey Josh,

Hope all is well, missed you guy's at GL this year.

Try these guy's, Joel (M3Fan) has always recommended them, may even find some past threads saying the same.

GMI Biminis
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 7:53pm
+1 on GMI

will require holes for 2 main brackets and 4 eyestraps but they are small ones. I mounted mine to the windshield frame (this location dosen't like foward tilt of top)and the front eyestaps to the vents (1998SN) using two of the screws on the vent.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 11:58pm
Get Mr.Tim Morfoot to take pics of his mounts(brackets). He screwed them in the top of the rub-rail.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 12:00am
There is a manufacturer out there that makes a bimini that is supported by a pole that comes straight up from the pylon. Don't think any drilling into the gel is required, but I can't speak for the quality though as I have not been on a boat with one yet.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 2:25pm
Sounds like GMI is the way to go. Thanks for the suggestions.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 3:19pm
Here's the pylon one. Pretty cool actually...little pricey

Pylon Bimini

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:38pm
that kinda looks like the umbrella I stick in the ski pole but mine is round no holes to drill fits under tower and cheap
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 5:39pm
I like the pylon one, but it is over twice as much. With all of the positive comments on the GMI I think a couple of holes would be better than spending twice as much money. Thanks for all the suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic