NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Type of Distributor Do I Have?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Type of Distributor Do I Have?
    Posted: July-02-2010 at 2:45am

Hi All, I was wondering what type of distributor I have. It's a 93, RH Rotation, Ford 351 with 240 hp.

I'm thinking about doing a tune up. Do I have to worry about gap and dwell with this or just timing? It looks like a regular cap and rotor like you'd see in a car, but the kits that look similar include a condenser which I associate with a points type. I've never seen a car cap&rotor combo have a condenser.

The best I can tell, it is this kit, but I'm not totally sure what to do with the condenser:
Prestolite Screw Down

Here are some pics of the one on my boat:
Cap And Rotor

Any help would be appreciated.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 12:28pm
Yup, youve got it ID'd correctly. My buddy's '94 Standard (also a RH 351w, 1:1) has a the same Prestolite screw down dizzy with the EI module in it. No need for points and condensor (or setting the gap/dwell)- you just need the cap and rotor. Set the timing afterwards.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 1:12pm
Ok, cool. Thanks.

I can't wait to try it out. I'm thinking the old set is a little tired.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic